01 10 years EEC contract 10 years ago in Rome. Neck stone speaks. Articles of incorporation of the EEC and Euratom. Lifting gate open. Gondolas in Venice. Europe train. Migrant workers get off train. Wagons of the EEC countries. Supermarket. Cheese from Holland. Sales of perfumes from France. Department store. Italian shoes. Belgian chocolate. Names of department stores. Europe Europe Hall bar, trans Europe Express. Europort, place de l'Europe. Model combinations of EEC countries.
02. Somaliland: Severe unrest after referendum road sign Boulevard de Gaulle choice plaque. Natives To give her voice down in referendum because membership of France. Negro cheer 60% for France with arms raised on the street after the announcement of the result. Unrest. Military vehicles in the street. Street fighting. Car is muddled. Fires 03. Holland: shipwreck in the port of hook on the basis of past Greek freighter Alkyona. To help of any tug is on side. People on the coast see the ships.
04. England: Oil tanker Torrey Canyon due to giant tanker is located off English coast. Teams of the tanker on the rescue ship. The Torrey Canyon in 3 parts cracked. Oil on the sea. Spraying of chemical agents against oil spill. Dead animals on the beach in the oil. Oily water.
05. Easter in Berlin cars in queues in front of the sector boundary. Kurfürstendamm with many passers-by and cars.
06. Frankfurt: Ostermarsch Ostermarschierende marching with placards. At the end of the Viet Nam war - no emergency legislation. Marching and passers-by To give Mr Hansen. Interview about reasons for the demonstration. Actuality: "excuse me, Which one was your reasons to participate in this March?" - "I don't think that we can change the policy directly, but I think that we through our power to express, for Which one targets we can enter and thereby alert the population it." - "What you think the political goals of this movement are?" - "we have the impression that this is a radical leftist movement. Are well-known Frankfurt Communists including, we know from the past."-"do you have Communist leanings?"-" no, why? "-"No. I know there are Communists, but if all other citizens with would March, the Communists would be an even larger minority to."-"the March is partly a little masturbation in my personal opinion, but which is necessary to be fixed inside a bit."
07. Vienna: ice hockey Germany - USSR 1:16 teams are facing. Exchange of the pennant. The Russians play superior front of the German goal. Only German conceded. Shots on goal in the German goal. Indicator 1:16 handshake of the player after the player.
08 London: Boxing Billy Walker - Karl Mildenberger Billy Walker goes to the ring. Ring headlights, totally. Mildenberger goes to the ring. Shock change of Boxer. Melee. Mildenberger fight superior and meets Walker with liver hook. Cancellation in the 8th round. Mildenberger with raised arm in the ring as the winner. Mildenberger and Walker, great.
Origin / Type of content
Focus of 10 years Treaty of Rome (EEC report) origin: Corona information elections in Somaliland origin: Pathé journal Dutch ship collision origin: Polygoon shipwreck oil tanker Torrey Canyon origin: Pathé news, vis news time show Easter in Berlin and Ostermarsch camera: Pahl, Seib sports ice hockey Germany-USSR origin: Austria boxes Mildenberger-Walker origin: Pathe news at the beginning and end of
Spotlight we fade back to the most important event in recent European history: zehr years before the incorporation of a new, economically and politically United Europe was signed in Rome. The treaties EEC and EURATOM was the turnout before the barriers between the six Member States lifted, before an economic boom convinced unparalleled even the pessimists.
Ten years later the annual tourist flow begat by leaps and bounds increased income, a million guest workers in Germany confirm the free choice of employment within the EEC.
The trade has quadrupled almost a year before the completion of the Customs Union. The consumer benefits from the unique variety of the product range. The business community is the largest trading power in the world today. Their foreign trade doubled since 1957. The EEC is doomed to success, the experts claim 180 million Europeans are now waiting the approaching also the ultimate: the political integration of Europe.
Details of demonstrations during the previous visit of the President of the French Republic had the referendum raised: the French colony of Somaliland's 39,000 voters should decide whether they wanted to remain under new conditions in the French-speaking community or choose independence.
Than 60% opted for the binding on France, the aggrieved minority caused the worst unrest since the founding of the colony. Tribal rivalries and aggressive nationalism called for death and hurt - an unmistakable sign that France's position in its old colony is severely shaken.
These days, ships in an unusual location were Dutch weekend strollers to the destination. The Greek freighter "Alcyone" at the southern pier of the port hook on bottom was gone with the storm. When a tug tried to help, he was wrecked also - just a few metres from the freighter.
Admired by the audience as a curiosity, the double stranding of hook is one of the many accidents, which in these days the international maritime shipping was affected.
The disaster emerged even as the giant tanker Torrey Canyon - fully loaded with 120.000. beaten leak on the infamous rock reef "Seven Stones" off the southern English coast was crude - oil of tons of. Before the exhausted crew was brought aboard, began the final act of the tragedy of the ship.
The 72-million tanker broke up into three pieces. A 120 km-wide oil slick drifted on the coast of Cornwall, and covered the beach in the "English Riviera" with stinking, black oil sludge. Many thousand tons of chemical solvents were sprayed - as well as inconclusive. For the coastal population living almost exclusively from fishing and tourism, the largest oil spill of ever has become the existence threatened disaster.
Time show the sector border was once again closed to West Berlin a new German as the Easter of geteiten capital. Brought record attendance: 70,000 tourists already followed the habit to the tradition that has become an Easter trip to Berlin.
At a time of critical analyses of Berlin, there are mostly young people who travel in these days after Berlin - in search of a city. in the many worlds meet. The way some visitors in the Memorial Church. Others increase the reputation of students West Berlin, to be extremely happy to demonstration. The Ostermsrsch of the opponents of nuclear weapons led to incidents in Berlin.
For a better world 150,000 mostly young people - marched in this year rarely noticed - for three days through ten cities of the Federal Republic. The end of the Viet Nam war and the international disarmament were among their slogans. In Frankfurt, we asked: "excuse me, Which one was your reasons to participate in this March?" I don't think that we can change the policy directly, but I believe that we bring, for Which one targets we are expressed by our power and can thereby alert the population to." "What do you think are the political goals of this movement? We have the impression that this is a radical leftist movement. There are well-known Frankfurt Communists including, we know from the past." "Do you have Communist leanings? No, why? No. I know there are Communists, but if all other citizens with would March, the Communists would be an even larger minority to. The March is partly a little masturbation in my personal opinion, but that is necessary to become mentally a little bit firmer."
Much of the motives of those remains unclear and away from the political realities, making use of the right of freedom of expression now many motivations, perhaps the most convincing...
Your white shirts had a sport as the symbol of their innocence on the ice, as the German ice hockey players against the Soviet team competed. Flash goal of defending champion and new world champion, had to accept the Federal Republic at the Walt Championships in Vienna, initiated the highest Niederlarge.
For the Soviets, it paid off that she trained at 7 o'clock in the morning on the ice while their opponents in the hotel beds were. After the single German conceded excelled the world champion with condition and stock technology and put the German gate under constant fire. The German team finished the tournament with the worst result: as bottom of Group A, she must start at the next World Championships in the second group B.
An exchange of 220,000 mark encouraged the English box-star Billy Walker, to compete against European champion Karl Mildenberger, whom he knew A lot more than that he is a German. And Germans were low traded on the English stock exchange - until Mildenberger before 10,000 spectators at the London "Empire Pool" proved that he has learned in its fight against world champion Cassius Clay.
Only in the first few laps Mildenberger on the beat embarks with his opponents, whose only Stärke lies in the impact force. Then the European champion demonstrated his technical qualities: he proposes ambitious, focused and precise, and starts to wear down the English box giants.
Billy Walker must insert comic liver hook. His eyebrow injury hindered him from round to round more. In the 8th round, abandons the Lord over gas stations and taxi fleets.
For Mildenberger, the London meeting ends with 300,000 mark - the highest Gage of his life--and the growing hope on a second tour with world champion clay.
Hamburg, March 28, 1967
Persons in the Film
Hallstein, Walter ; Hansen, Hans ; Mildenberger, Karl ; Walker, Billy
Frankfurt ; Rome ; Hilden ; Berlin ; Hook ; England ; Geneva ; Venice ; Somaliland ; London ; Vienna
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Boxes ; Demonstrations ; Railways ; Border DDR/BRD, borders ; Trade, finance ; Interviews ; Disasters ; Europe, EDC, EEC ; Oil ; Easter ; Pacts ; Posters, fonts, banners ; Advertising ; Reviews ; Shipping ; Ships ; Indians ; Animals (except dogs) ; environmental protection, pollution ; Unrest ; automotive engineering, automotive ; Science and research ; Microphones ; Contracts ; Elections ; Water ; Customs ; Hockey ; Migrant workers ; 14 find book new German newsreel slow motion
Translated by Microsoft Translator