Die Zeit unter der Lupe 912/1967 18.07.1967
01 Moscow: Airshow aerobatics of a Jets season. Aircraft formation flying is name of Lenin. Parachute jumper. On the fairgrounds area helicopter Mi 10 transport aircraft to 22 first vertical launch and landing jet fighter of the Russian air force at screening. Brezhnev to stands, half-close. Supersonic fighter launches. Spectators at the opening of the exhibition. Formation flights.
02. Moscow: Students go to work used in the holiday driving through city buses. Students with guitar. Students say goodbye girlfriends and room restaurant owners on the station. Train departs to the land reclamation in the swamps and desert Kassajestans to Siberia.
03. Newark: race riots shoot soldiers of the national army on the streets behind cars. On truck shots from the ambush, soldiers pass road. Verwundeter is carried on stretcher. Colour is discharged. Negril is rebuked. Soldiers patrol at night in the streets.
04. Lüneburg Heath: Queen Elizabeth visited Royal Tank Regiment military band playing. Elizabeth is standing in a jeep in addition to regimental commander. Parade. One of the first armored tracked vehicles in the history of Mark V. passes. Parade of the Centurion tank with lower guns. Elizabeth standing on bleachers next to Commander, half-close. Helicopter spraying Sprühnebel in the colours of the regiment.
05. London: Royal tournament competition of the 3 arms of the army. Race with military vehicles. Vibrates demonstration and pyramid. Demonstration of the Cavaliers with guns.
06. Greece. Baptism of Prince Paul and Constantine and Anne Maries travel through the province of society of baptism in the Church. Queen Elizabeth as a godmother with Paul at the baptismal font. Konstantin with Alexia on the arm next to Anne Marie standing. Constantine, Anne Marie, and children ride in an open horse-drawn carriage. Constantine and Anne-Marie go waving through crowd. Constantine and Anne Marie in folk dance.
07. Pamplona: running people and bulls the bulls in the arena. The stadium, total. Bulls meet young men with the horns and throw it down. Bulls run in the crowd. Spectators in the stands, half-close.
08 France: summer skiing with ski dry, wheel man drives on 2 wheels, which are strapped on skis through forest. Man driving was towed by car. Man drives down the mountain and crashes.
09th Hamburg: skip jumper Derby in Flottbek horses obstacles, ZL. Hauke Schmidt on the course on the great wall. He is 5th older spectator with Hat, big. Kurt Jarasinsky on the course. Hans Günther Winkler from Daniel on the course. Jump, ZL. Saila running through obstacle, ZL. Rod of the obstacle is Winkler's arm. Still images of Wang after the crash with a broken arm. Ride of the winner Andrew Fielder / England on Vibart. Spectator slaps Andrew Fielder at award ceremony, Vibart with laurel wreath, large.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Alexia von Griechenland; Annemarie von Dänemark; Breschnjew, Leonid; Elisabeth II. von England; Friederike von Griechenland; Konstantin von Griechenland; Paul von Griechenland; Fielder, Andrew; Jarasinsky, Kurt; Schmidt, Hauke; Winkler, Hans Günter
Sachindex Wochenschauen; Railways; Higher education; skydiving, skydiving; aircraft; Parades; Races; Horse riding, horse racing (without harness); Religious events; Ski, skiing, ski jumping; Spoprt-Ehrungen; sports audience, sports spectator; 99.412 Deutsche week show GmbH: State visits (outside); bullfighting; Unrest; Kissing, kissing scenes; People; Military; Military events; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen; Military; Sports honors; 14 find book new German newsreel slow motion
Translated by Microsoft Translator
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 912/1967
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title brand under the magnifying glass of Moscow air show origin: Sovkino information Moscow students in holiday origin: Sovkino race riots, Newark origin: vis news Queen in Germany camera: Seib, Rühe of Royal tournament origin: Pathé news Konstantin on travel and baptism Crown Prince origin: Athens of the bulls in Pamplona origin: No.-do sports v summer ski origin: Gaumont jumping Derby camera: L., fire A and E
„Race Riots“ in the USA (July 1967)
In the summer of 1967 African Americans have become so discontent with the ubiquitous discrimination and racially motivated police violence that riots erupt in many parts of the USA. The sparking event was the brutal arrest of a black cab driver on July 12 in Newark, New Jersey. When the rumor spreads that the arrested man was killed in police custody bloody altercations erupt that would last six days before the National Guards manage to end them.
In the weeks that follow, social unrest spreads to more than 150 other cities. The riots in Detroit are the worst. After an unlicensed bar is raided by the police the African American population can no longer control its rage. Lootings and arson ensue in the same night, eventually spreading throughpit the entire city. The overwhelmed police apply excessive force during the arrests and searches, and their use of weapons is very controversial. When the Army National Guard is finally ordered in after five days they manage to bring the situation under control. 43 people are killed, almost 1,200 are injured and 7,000 arrested. Entire street blocks are vandalized, hundreds of businesses and apartments are destroyed. In light of the civil-war like circumstances President Johnson calls a commission to investigate “What happened? Why did it happen? What can be done to prevent it from happening again and again?” But almost 50 years later police brutality against African Americans still leads to violent protests, like in Ferguson and Baltimore.