Die Zeit unter der Lupe 943/1968 20.02.1968
01 Berlin: Viet Nam Congress Viet Nam star, large. Rudi Dutschke, laughing, half close, in an interview. Posters for the victory of the Vietnamese revolution - the duty of every revolutionary is to make the revolution. Meeting of the radical left. Young people clapping, among them Rudi Dutschke, half-close. Writers Peter Weiss speaks interview: "the representatives of the Government refuse with us to talk about. So we confront them with the power of the militant demonstration." Berlin lawyer protested the meeting over the microphones. Violence is removed from the room. Procession through the street. On the train of Rudi Dutschke. Poster of Ho Chi Minh, great. Transparent against the Viet Nam war. Run step. Klaus Schütz talks actuality, close to half and big about the situation: "this was a difficult weekend, and most likely we must set us in the Federal Republic have on further difficulty. Here a small minority is trying to carry the disorder and chaos in our cities and towns. But disorder and chaos must be combated with the means that are available to us gives us a liberal constitutional State in the hands."
02. Paris: He was in Paris to work meetings Kiesinger gets out of car: Brandt on arrival, half-close. Schröder arrival, half-close. De Gaulle in addition to Kiesinger, Brandt and Pompidou, total, front of Elysée Palace. Cameraman turns. Curtain behind the window is pulled. Politicians at table at Conference.
03. Switzerland: go rabies Shepherd and Dachshund on a leash in the snow. Sign of rabies. Dead Fox is on the road. Children approach the Fox. Forester does animal in plastic bag. Institute investigates dead animal. Brain of the animal is examined for rabies viruses.
04. London: furniture fair with inflatable plastic furniture with vacuum cleaner is inflated plastic fabric. Young girls sit on plastic sofa. Transparent piece of furniture. Chair made of plastic, inflatable.
05. Düsseldorf: hair fashion "Air-look" rotating propeller of an aircraft, from the front. Girl with flowing hair, great. Flying aircraft. Female profile with curly hair, big. Hairdresser doctored hair. Girls, like stewardesses dressed, perform hairstyles. Eyes, great.
06. Grenoble: Winter Olympics Olympic fire burns in Bowl. Graduation ceremony. Flag is obtained. Ski runners. 500 m speed skating men: start. Erhard Keller is running against Robert Boucher / Canada. Erhard Keller WINS and wins the gold medal. Award ceremony for Erhard Keller, half close beside him the two silver medallists Thomassen, Norway and Morderott / United States. Special slalom men: walk in the fog, ZL. Guy Periallat runs and crashes. Karl Schranz on the track. He runs the best time and is subsequently disqualified. Jean Claude Killy on the track. He won the gold medal. Figure skating pairs: Kürlauf by Glockshuber / Danne. You are 3. And win the bronze medal. Kürlauf of winner Ludmilla Belusowa and Oleg Protopopov. Competing: ski jumper. Jump in ZL of the Goldmedaillengewinners Wladimir Belousow. Wladimir Belousow thrown high by comrades.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Belousow, Wladimir; Boucher, Robert; Brandt, Willy; Dutschke, Rudi; Gaulle de, Charles; Kiesinger, Kurt; Pompidou, George; Schröder, Gerhard; Schütz, Klaus; Weiss, Peter; Danne, Wolfgang; Glockshuber, Margot; Keller, Erhard; Killy, Jean Claude; Modermott; Perillat, Guy; Belosowa, Ludmilla; Protopopow, Oleg; Schranz, Karl; Thomassen
Sachindex Wochenschauen; Demonstrations; Higher education; Dogs; Interviews; cameramen, cameramen; Flags; Women, mothers; Olympics; Photographers; Spoprt-Ehrungen; sports audience, sports spectator; Animals (except dogs); automotive engineering, automotive; Medicine; Currency; Foreign policy events; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen; Fashion; Eyes; Exhibitions; Dogs; Sports honors; 14 find book new German newsreel slow motion
Translated by Microsoft Translator
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 943/1968
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title brand spotlight on Vietnam Congress in Berlin camera: Pahl, Wiers, Rühe information Kiesinger Cabinet in Paris origin: Gaumont rabies in the Switzerland origin: Cine journal modern inflatable furniture origin: Pathé news air look in hair fashion camera: Luppa sports Grenoble II giant slalom, women's special slalom, men's final 500 m speed skating origin: Gaumont figure skating pairs developed A and E
50th Anniversary of Ho Chi Minh’s Death († September 2, 1969)
His struggle for Vietnam’s independence made Ho Chi Minh a father figure of his native country, a role model to anti-colonialist liberation fighters all over the world and an icon of the international student movement.
Ho Chi Minh was most likely born on May 19, 1890 as the son of a Confucian teacher. He witnesses the Vietnamese population’s cruel treatment by the French
Colonial authorities, which politicizes him early on. He decides to leave his country at the age of 21, as he wants to find out more about his occupier.
After World War I Woodrow Wilson’s proposes the right of self-determination of peoples. While in France, Ho Chi Minh attempts to claim this right for his home country. However, he fails and the French secret service categorizes him as a „terrorist“. Around the same time the young man starts reading Lenin and sympathizes with his idea of a worldwide communist uprising against the power of capital.
In 1923 Ho Chi Minh travels to Moscow, where he enrols at the Communist University of the Toilers of the East and co-writes a groundbreaking essay on guerrilla warfare. Seven years later he co-founds the Vietnamese Communist Party in Hong Kong, which would soon inspire the emergence of the KP Indochina. He establishes the pro-Communist Viet Minh independence movement during World War II to counter the Japanese invaders that had collaborated with the French colonialists. In 1945 he proclaims the Democratic Republic of Vietnam in Hanoi and participates in the Indochina War against France to fight for its recognition. When the country is partitioned and the Vietnam War begins Ho Chi Minh supports the like-minded Viet Cong in the South up until his death in 1969. However benevolently and modestly he looks in photographs, the man would not shy away from torture and mass executions for the sake of the “good cause.”
Shortly after the victory of the Communist North and the reunification of Vietnam the former capital of South Vietnam Saigon is renamed Ho-Chi-Minh-City in his honour.
More video clips on this subject
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 40/1950
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 247/1954
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 392/1957
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 393/1957
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 420/1958
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 943/1968