Die Zeit unter der Lupe 948/1968 26.03.1968
01 gold reserves in Germany the Bundesbank in Frankfurt. Gold ingots stacked up in safe. Man stacking gold bullion. Man closes the door of the gate vault and hangs from chain.
02. England: People standing on the street, women head down tax increases as a result of the financial crisis. Treasury Minister Roy Jenkins comes out of House. Jenkins, big, next to his wife. Cameramen. Marquee in front of House Announces conservation measures. Pedestrians on the road. Newspaper seller sits next to newspapers. Showcase with cars. Jewelry displays. Electric cookers, radios. Fashions in shop Windows. Tobacco business. Spirits. Bottles on shelves. Man carries box to auto. Man drinks beer glass, great.
03. Pakistan: Muslim celebration of Eid-ul-Azha Ayub Khan sits in the Group of children. His palace in Rawalpindi. Ayub Khan welcomed representatives of Islamic States and dignitaries. Talking to politicians. Mass of the faithful pray in the street. You kneel down. Hugs and presentation of gifts.
04. Rotterdam: giant tanker Mac Grandma aerial view of the second largest vessel in the world. Tanker at the deletion of oil. Piping on deck of the vessel. Indoor shots. Turbine and interior of the vessel.
05. France: Wigmaker women sit at tables in a room and make wigs. Tying the hair NET, great. Wife gets put on wig. Man gets laid paper on the head bald. Trace the wig. Man gets put on wig. Man with a wig and whiskers.
06. London: Easter hats, funny hats are presented. Flowers and carrots on hat. Rowing boat on hat. Full with feathers on the hat.
07. Berlin: Alexanderplatz site aerial view of skulduggery site. Scaffolding and excavation. Traffic on the Alexanderplatz. Construction of tunnels for cars and trains. The electrical industry in the construction of high-rise. Metro on site. Steel girders are worn. Tower of 361 meters. Modern buildings in the model.
08. The world under water: marine research in the course of time jumping divers in the water. Scuba diver swims underwater camera. Barbed fish, great. Hai. Images from the history of scuba diving: Phoenicians dive with air bag made from goat skin. Chinese with diving air cap. Medieval divers. Diving apparatus of Leonardo da Vinci. Napoleonic combat swimmers. Divers can be by boat in water. World's first astronaut Scott Carpenter appears before aboard sea lab. US - underwater research station. Fish and divers under water. Sea horse runs under water. Diving saucer. Vision of underwater life. Diving town.
09th spectators on the pitch Fußballmasse. Game. Viewers with CAP is shaking his head. Man pulls up lip. Man licks with Cap lip. Old man with his mouth open. Fat man with rain cover. Old man is scratching his head. Boy attracted viewers. Stand copies. Scoring: Viewers jump with arms raised. Jubilation. Scream. Embrace. Manages defense front gate. Lost chance. Annoying viewers, serious, stunned. Fouls: Audience jumps up and waving arms. Protests. Stand copies. Viewers running on field. Bobbies walk behind spectators. Media undulates on grandstand. Spectators in the square suspended gate. Evacuation of wounded people. Dead love side by side.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Sachindex Wochenschauen; Buildings in Germany; DDR; Trade, finance; cameramen, cameramen; News, communications; Oil; Photographers; Religious events; Shipping; Ships; sports audience, sports spectator; Diving, diver; Animals (except dogs); People; Science and research; Transport: motor vehicles; Fashion; Jobs; aerial photographs; Construction; construction; Gastronomy; 14 find book new German newsreel slow motion
Translated by Microsoft Translator
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 948/1968
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title brand focus on gold reserves i.d.. BRD camera: Wiers financial crisis in London origin: Pathé news information Pakistani fixed origin: Pakistan tanker Mac Grandma i. Rotterdam origin: Polygoon officer i. Paris origin: Pathé journal Easter hats i. London origin: Pathé news time show site Berlin-Alexanderplatz origin: DEFA increases diver story origin: Gaumont, archive sports football story: audience reactions origin: Gaumont, archive A and E
The Berlin TV Tower Turns 50 (October 3, 1969)
Coming in at a height of 368 m (1,207 ft) it is Germany’s tallest structure and at the same time the landmark in Germany’s capital: the Berlin TV tower. Its inauguration by Walter Ulbricht and a number of high-ranking officials takes place on October 3, 1969 as part of the 20th anniversary of the German Democratic Republic. The opening of the tower also entails the launching of the 2nd channel of the German Television Broadcasting (Deutscher Fernsehfunk DFF2) and the introduction of colour television to the GDR. Today the “television and radio tower” still sends several radio stations. The sphere that sits at a height of 200 m houses broadcasting technology as well as a visitor platform with a bar and the rotating restaurant „Telecafé“, which is one of Berlin’s most popular tourist destinations, counting more than 1 million visitors annually.
Built in the incredible short time of just 4 years the tower was supposed to represent the capability of the socialist system and was hailed as a “masterpiece for the republic.”
The renowned architect Hermann Henselmann, who had shaped the principals of the socialist urban planning in the GDR, came up with the original design of the so-called „urban vertical dominant“. His idea was that a sphere on his „tower of signals“ would shine in socialist red at night was inspired by the first Soviet satellite „Sputnik“, with which the USSR had demonstrated its superiority over the USA.