Die Zeit unter der Lupe 951/1968 16.04.1968
01. the assassination of Rudi Dutschke - demonstrations in Berlin, Hamburg and Munich student demonstrations. Water cannons used at night. Students run on the road. Shouting: "killer - killer" (interview). Police battle with protesters. Instead of assassination against Rudi Dutschke. Criminologists record road murder site. Shoes are on the road. Bicycle headlong to. New building, from its cellar, the assassin shot. Photo by the assassin Josef Bachmann, great. Axel Springer House. Speaker car of the police driving, great. Protesters and riot police face off. Publishing House "The world". Demonstrators out on the street. Cops grind protesters off the road. Jet of water cannons focused on protesters. Water cannons along the Kurfürstendamm and drive protesters out. Limp policeman takes his cap off the road. Illuminated window in the Springer home. Jumper van drive protected by police officers. Professor Darendorf, FDP, speaks interview in Berlin, big: "If in addition"Bild am Sonntag"otherwise override his message about the State of health of Mr Dutschke know as"Dutschke escape again", then I see a spirit of cynical inhumanity, is as I found it at Mr Dutschke itself at any time. The other half of the vicious circle, that of the protesters, is doing but theirs." Microphone SFB. Burning van. Police officers with a bespritztem face. Demonstrators carry crosses before him. Mr. Luethge interviewed representatives of the SDS, o-ton: "Yes, our actions are now fully in the preparations of a Socialist 1. "You will access may, with the we the workers want to show in Berlin, that is no longer represented by their parties and their unions." - also to violence or not?"-"what mean you?"-"connecting from vehicles, throwing a disc."-" the working class last year already proved their spontaneous strikes, that she knows very well, that objects, especially " , if they are subject to the bourgeois capitalist private property, are not taboo. Of course we schedule further such measures, in particular against the Springer Group; We will attack but not persons." Neon Axel Springer. Burning van. Car drives through mountains of newspapers.
02. Farnborough: Gravel brakes runway for jet plane aircraft on the runway. Runway with gravel sprinkled. Plane lands on Pebble track and quickly slows down. Wheels are deep in pebbles.
03. England: Glass-auto man dressing slices of glass car. Men sit in satinized glass car. Glass car drives in traffic. Glass car drives curve in a confined space. Drive down the road over bridge and into small parking space. 2 men get out of car.
04. Bayreuth: Unbreakable miracle binoculars 8 x 30 (E) men and women in factory for the production of binoculars. Girl looks through binoculars, big and drops it on the stone floor. Car wheels drive through binoculars and it won't break. Man drops binoculars from bridge into water. Binoculars, floats and does not. Swimmers get unbroken binoculars out of water and sees through.
05. Berlin: Men's fashion by Pierre Cardin, presented on 8 - seater tandem of young people dancing come from House and sit on 8-seater tandem. Man pants cuffed, great. Men's shoes with buckle, as slippers. Knickers for young girls and women. Turtlenecks. Slouch.
06. Berlin: Boxer in the ring boxing Norbert Grupe - Dave Baley in the Sports Palace, totally. Shock Exchange, half-close. The Boxer, big feet. Baley meets in the 3rd round. Garrett goes to the floor. Referee. Young spectators and spectator, large. The coloured Baley superior boxes in the attack. Young spectators and spectator, large. Garrett is posted and sags in the knee. In the 8th round, Garrett goes back down and gets up again. Baley WINS high points. Grupe and Baley after the fight. Baley with raised arm as the winner. Garrett passes through ring. Under the spectators Bubi Scholz and wife, big.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Buildings in Germany ; Boxes ; Demonstrations ; Higher education ; Interviews ; Youth ; Women, mothers ; News, communications ; Night ; Police ; Sports details, fouls ; sports audience, sports spectator ; sports facilities ; accident series ; automotive engineering, automotive ; Cups ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Fashion ; Jobs ; employment ; Assassinations ; 14 find book new German newsreel slow motion
Translated by Microsoft Translator
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 951/1968
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title brand focus on assassination, Dutschke and demonstrations in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich camera: Wiers, Seib, Brandes, Rau, Pahl technology aircraft braking tests i. England origin: Pathé news of new British small car origin: Pathé news unbreakable binoculars camera: harsh spotlight men's fashion in Berlin camera: Pahl sports boxing: Group/Bailey camera: Pahl A and E
Rudi Dutschke’s 40th Death Anniversary († December 24, 1979)
The spokesman of the German student movement Rudi Dutschke dies on Christmas eve 1979 due to late-complications related to the injuries he suffered in an assault. Eleven years earlier, on Holy Thursday 1968, the right-wing extremist labourer Josef Bachmann had fired three “politically motivated” shots at the “German Che Guevara” outside the headquarters of the Socialist German Student Union injuring him critically. Over the Easter holidays the assassination attempt leads to the heaviest riots in the history of the young Federal Republic. The prime target of the protesters’ rage is the Springer publication company, which is blamed for the attack, as it had led a malicious campaign against the head of the extra-parliamentary opposition, labelling Dutschke a “Communist pig”.
In the meantime Rudi Dutschke undergoes emergency surgery at the hospital, which he barely survives. The head trauma of the once so talented speaker is so severe that his speech and memory faculties require rehabilitation. When the treatments are finished Dutschke feels the need for distance from the Federal Republic of Germany, so he leaves with his wife Gretchen and their two children. The family initially goes to Italy, but the omnipresent paparazzi make them flee to London after a few months. Great Britain expels him due to his supposed “subversive activities”. The family finally finds an exile in Denmark. In the mid-1970s he becomes politically active in Germany again and gets involved with the Green Party. The native Brandenburger repeatedly travels to the German Democratic Republic and meets with the dissidents Wolf Biermann and Robert Havemann.
After suffering an epileptic seizure stemming from complications related to the injuries, Rudi Dutschke drowns in the bathtub in his house in Aarhus. He was just 39 years old. Early January 1980 he is laid to rest in Berlin. Thousands of guests participate in the funeral procession.