Die Zeit unter der Lupe 990/1969 14.01.1969
01 Hamburg: research vessel Meteor bug the Meteor is large. the Meteor on the quay. Mayor Weichmann enters the Meteor and greeted the captain and officers. The Elbe bridges, total, and Elbe rivers with ice floes. Radar screen turns search on ship. Soft man visited the ship facility tour. Barge driving on icy Elbe. Meteor extends. Waving from the shore in Schulau.
02. East: Berlin TV Tower part setting of the TV Tower, dome Café. Panoramic view from the top on Alexanderplatz. Construction segments are pulled up and screwed by workers with protective helmets. Pendulum to compensate for vibration is raised to the top. Long shot of the tower. Pan from above over East Berlin. TV Tower. Traforückfahrt.
03. London: exhibition of inventions slidable lattice grate-like grippers with ladle picks up rubbish from the floor. Clothes line with linen on braces, which move together and pull apart. Laundry is protected with plastic wrap before bad weather. Tableware spoil robot covers Cup. Foldable dining area.
04. London: Racing exhibition of Ford Lotus 1968 world champion Graham Hill. Steering wheels. Race car models. Automatic opening of the garage door. Racy sports cars of Marcos with pretty girls. Winner car of the Sidney-London Marathon. Cooler car, great.
05. Congo: air show and crash officers pilots Memorial wreath lay down. Soldiers salute. Parachute jumper jump off. An art airliner crashed plane. Aircraft can spin off and crashes. Men run to accident. Burning wreckage. Monument.
06. CSSR fashion presentation on pan across Castle Bouzov Castle Bouzov. Canon opening, great. Girl lights candles. Fashion show before valuable equipment. Spring coat. Cocktail dresses. Evening dress. Negligees.
07. calculation robot of the Bundespost (plain text reading procedure) rocket launch. Spaceman. Plastic fashion, op-art art, modern buildings. Computer. Girl working on accounting machines. Hole cards are punched. Men use computers of the plain text reading process in postal cheque service for large customers. Cards are inserted. Computer stores data and transfers them to tape. Girl takes out magnetic tape and puts it into cardboard.
08th Grindelwald and Lauberhorn peaks: ski race: giant slalom women: run by Florence Steurer / France. Run through the goal. Face after run, half-close. Run by Gertrud fork / Austria. Aequo with Florence Steurer. Gertrud fork after run, half-close. Women's downhill: Isabelle me / France on the route. 3. Rosi Mittermaier / Germany is on the line. Ride through the target. She will be 2 nd run the winner Wiltrud Drexel / Austria. It is worn almost out of the curve. Run by target. Wiltrud Drexel, laughing, after victory. Lauberhorn downhill men: Bernard Orcel / France plunges into the target. Men help him while standing up. He is on the route 6 Karl Schranz / Austria. Run through the target as the winner. Karl Schranz, laughing, half-close.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Buildings in Germany ; DDR ; Monuments ; close-ups, detail ; Disasters ; skydiving, skydiving ; Fire ; Research ; Postal, postal services ; Radar ; Rockets ; Aerospace ; Shipping ; Ski, skiing, ski jumping ; Townscapes: Germany ; Technology ; automotive engineering, automotive ; Art ; Curiosities ; People ; Military ; Weapons ; Science ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Fashion ; Jobs ; Exhibitions ; Buildings in Europe ; construction ; Military ; Technology ; 14 find book new German newsreel slow motion
Translated by Microsoft Translator
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 990/1969
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Laboratory in the sea research vessel Meteor camera: Zimpel information Tower in East Berlin origin: DEFA inventors fair in London origin: Pathé news racing car exhibition London origin: Pathé news crash of a plane in the Congo at air show origin: Belgavox CSSR - fashion in the Bouzov Castle origin: Bratislava Primer for reading computer clear font - reading methods (post) the slopes free Grindelwald and Lauberhorn ski race origin: Cine journal at the beginning and end of total length
The Berlin TV Tower Turns 50 (October 3, 1969)
Coming in at a height of 368 m (1,207 ft) it is Germany’s tallest structure and at the same time the landmark in Germany’s capital: the Berlin TV tower. Its inauguration by Walter Ulbricht and a number of high-ranking officials takes place on October 3, 1969 as part of the 20th anniversary of the German Democratic Republic. The opening of the tower also entails the launching of the 2nd channel of the German Television Broadcasting (Deutscher Fernsehfunk DFF2) and the introduction of colour television to the GDR. Today the “television and radio tower” still sends several radio stations. The sphere that sits at a height of 200 m houses broadcasting technology as well as a visitor platform with a bar and the rotating restaurant „Telecafé“, which is one of Berlin’s most popular tourist destinations, counting more than 1 million visitors annually.
Built in the incredible short time of just 4 years the tower was supposed to represent the capability of the socialist system and was hailed as a “masterpiece for the republic.”
The renowned architect Hermann Henselmann, who had shaped the principals of the socialist urban planning in the GDR, came up with the original design of the so-called „urban vertical dominant“. His idea was that a sphere on his „tower of signals“ would shine in socialist red at night was inspired by the first Soviet satellite „Sputnik“, with which the USSR had demonstrated its superiority over the USA.