Die Zeit unter der Lupe 1001/1969 01.04.1969
01 Cuxhaven: Exit of Hamburg the Hamburg at the wharf in Cuxhaven. Luggage is loaded. Passengers go aboard. The lines are cut loose. Beckoning to the shore. Travellers wave of vessels. Moving Hamburg.
02. Bremen: launching the Esso Scotia of the tanker on the dock, great. Christening of the ship. Ship is launched. View from the front. Screw slides into water. Launched from behind. Ship in the water.
03 Buenos Aires. Argentine beat group "The Cats" band plays in the Park, on roof. Panoramic view from the top of skyscrapers of the city. Band plays on the road. City image. Distorted perspectives during recording.
04. 50 years Federal Post Office Department Dollinger unveiled pictures of the former Postmaster of Schubert and Lemmer. Daniels speaks o-ton: "Germany was a shambles. Over 30% of the entire post and telecommunication facilities were destroyed. There was no organized administration. in 1950 there were again 2.5 million receivers. Today, there are 11.2 million. The satellite technology came to television. The German Federal Post Office built the Earth station Holzhausen and thus enabled the overcoming of time and space, as it has made it clear the broadcast of the Olympics from Mexico all. The assignment of the Soviet occupied zone of Germany turned the post completely new problems. The biggest change forced the change of traffic flows, which were until then from West to East and now went from North to South. I tried again and again in the past two years, with the postal administration in East Berlin to talk about normalization and improvement of postal and telecommunication conditions between the two parts of Germany. Unfortunately that didn't work." Speech set accompanied by images. Debris from the post-war period, Raisting. Telephone exchange with switchboards. Construction of relay.
05. Beatle John Lennon in Amsterdam breakdown from UFA 662 / 2 - same section. The Hilton Amsterdam. White Rolls Royce is parked in front of the hotel. John Lennon and his wife Yoko Ono Japanese lie in bed to demonstrate for peace in the world. Close-up of Yoko Ono and John Lennon. Reporters and photographers surrounding the bed. On the wall hangs a nude picture of the two.
06. Aintree: Grand National breakdown from UFA 662 / 5 - same section. Winner's trophy. English police officers prior to use at the meeting. The racetrack, total. Bookmakers. Jockeys ride to the start. Start, total. Horses in the race. Jumps. Jump over Beachers Brook. Fall of 2 horses. Horse without a rider gallops alongside racetrack. Running straight. Outsider Highland wedding runs and WINS. Winning horse to victory with owner, surrounded by people.
07. burial Dwight D. Eisenhower breakdown from UFA 662 / 6 - here without looking back. Eisenhower speaks with a doctorate. Eisenhower, laughing, waving hat. Photo of the young Eisenhower. Invasion. Eisenhower as a General with the troops. Ticker-tape parade after victory in New York. Nixon waving. Eisenhower next to Dulles, great. Eisenhower next to Heuss, in addition to Brandt, in addition to Adenauer in car driving. Eisenhower on his farm in Gettisburg fishing and playing golf. With Mamie Eisenhower and family. US flag is at half-mast in front of the Capitol. People in front of the Capitol in long snake. They parade past the casket. The Cathedral. De Gaulle upon arrival. Johnson and wife upon arrival. Nixon and family. Mamie Eisenhower gets out of car. Soldiers carry the coffin. In the funeral wake of de Gaulle, Kiesinger, Humphrey, Nixon.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Sachindex Wochenschauen; Demonstrations; cameramen, cameramen; Flags; Musical events; Photographers; Police; Postal, postal services; Horse riding, horse racing (without harness); Shipping; Spoprt-Ehrungen; sports audience, sports spectator; Cities: South America; Deaths, funerals; automotive engineering, automotive; Buildings in Europe; Sports honors; 14 find book new German newsreel slow motion
Translated by Microsoft Translator
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 1001/1969
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Phasing out of the "Hamburg" camera: Rieck launching the Esso Scotia camera: Rieck, Brandes, Rühe, Petersen Argentine band "Gatos" origin: Sucesos 50 years Federal Post Office Department camera: Pahl John Lennon in Amsterdam origin: Polygoon Grand National in Aintree origin: Pathé news death of Dwight D, Eisenhower camera: Luppa, Wiers at the beginning and end of total length
50th Anniversary of John Lennon and Yoko Ono’s Bed in (March 26-31, 1969)
On March 25, 1969 Yoko Ono and John Lennon embark on their legendary “bed-in.” Their wedding had taken place 5 days earlier and the couple wanted to take advantage of the media frenzy and take a stance for peace in accordance with the mantra “Make love, not war”. The newlyweds rent the presidential suite at the Amsterdam Hilton Hotel for a week and ostentatiously spend it in bed. Every day between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. selected journalists are invited into the room, which is decorated with handwritten posters such as “hair peace” or “bed peace”—and are disappointed. In light of the rather scandalous cover of their joint music album “Unfinished Music No. 1: Two Virgins“, which shows the couple naked, the journalists had hoped for more spectacular photos. But instead Yoko Ono and John Lennon are demurely dressed in pyjamas and talk extensively about their „campaign for peace.“ After a „bagism“ in Vienna, where they held a press conference while covered in a big bag and also recorded experimental compositions John and Yoko followed up with a second bed-in in Montreal. Here they record their improvised song „Give Peace a Chance“ which will soon become a hymn of the peace movement. The same month they release „The Ballad of John and Yoko“, a song about the famous couple’s wedding and peace campaigns.