Die Zeit unter der Lupe 1009/1969 27.05.1969
01 Kiesinger in Japan Japanese temple. Kiesinger and woman walk through Park. Kiesinger draws with a cup of water and drink. Food. He was eating with chopsticks. Kiesinger and wife eating with chopsticks. Japanese girl in kimono. Kiesinger misses geishas who bow. Boats on River at Mifung Festival.
02. 20 years NATO fleet parade before Elizabeth II fleet parade at Porthsmouth. The yacht Britannia. Elizabeth, Philip and Anne on the Britannia remove fleet parade. Anne, half-close. Anna looks through binoculars.
03. Morocco: Papyrus boat for crossing for Thor Heyerdahl papyrus boat ahead of pyramids. Papyrus perennials as boat wall. Jars for food. The boat will be allowed to water.
04. Paris: Hippie fashions feet go spiral staircase down to basement Boutique of San Germain. Girls and men perform dancing hippie fashions. Mini skirt. Metal head jewelry. Flower suit. Man with flowers suit. Bikini under the Cape. Hippy Grandma look. Grandma with a flower hat and Hippie dress.
05. Pardubice: motorcycle jumps over obstacles riders on motorbikes, large. Motorcycle riders jump motorcycles over obstacles, ZL. Jump with bike on car behind obstacle and moat. Jump bike alongside horses over obstacles and moat.
06. Bremen: Football Werder Bremen - 1 FC Nuremberg of thicker audience, great. Storms, total. Rupp / Bremen shoots 1-0, ZL. Ball rolls in corner, ZL. Standing spectators clapping, total. Bremen's goalkeeper Bernard dropping ball. Laughing spectators, half-close. Kal / Nuremberg shoots a 25 m free kick into the goal to 1:1 goalie Rynio responds hardly. Spectators with flags. Bremen shoots the ball over goal. Young girl with flower earrings, large, full image. Nuremberg shoots own goal, ZL holds hands before the face player. Spectators, half-close. Bremen shoots. Goalkeeper Rynio keeping. Floodlights: Nuremberg's striker is fouled in the penalty area and falls. Strehl shoots up to the 3:2 Küppers shoots 3-3. Excited older viewers with Cap discussed.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Sachindex Wochenschauen; Football; motor sports; Parades; Shipping; sports audience, sports spectator; 99.412 Deutsche week show GmbH: State visits (outside); Fashion; NATO; Gastronomy; 14 find book new German newsreel slow motion
Translated by Microsoft Translator
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 1009/1969
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Kiesinger in Japan Queen Elizabeth at NATO fleet parade origin: Pathé news Morocco: Thor Heyerdahl papyrus boat across the Atlantic origin: Arab. News training in Pardubice with motorcycles and horses origin: State hippie fashion Paris origin: Pathé journal football: 1.FC Nuremberg Werder Bremen camera: Jackson at the beginning and end of total length
50th Anniversary of Thor Heyerdahl Taking Off On Ra II (May 17, 1970)
The legendary Norwegian ethnographer and adventurer Thor Heyerdahl undertakes a spectacular endeavour at the end of the 1960s: he wants to travel from Africa to Central America in a papyrus reed boat.
More than two decades earlier he had gone on his first sensational expedition, that time on his hand-built raft Kon-Tiki. In order to disprove the commonly held belief that migration across the ocean was not possible, the anthropologist and ethnographer sailed from Peru to Tahiti in 1947. With his Ra expedition—named after the Egyptian Sun god—he wants to show that contact between the high civilizations of old Egypt and Peru and Mexico could have actually been possible. He had noticed uncanny parallels between their cultural goods—inscriptions, building structures and boats.
Heyerdal commissions experienced African boat builders from Lake Chad to build a first Ra based on reliefs, mural art and clay models found in tombs in ancient Egypt. His attempts to cross the Atlantic in 1969 came to an end shortly before reaching his destination.
Having learned from his experiences he now commissions indigenous fishermen from Lake Titicaca in the Andes to build a Ra II. His reasoning is that their boat building technique comes closer to the Egyptian technique. On May 17, 1970 Heyerdal sets sail in Morocco and actually reaches the Caribbean island of Barbados 57 days later with his new papyrus boat. During his first Ra excursion he had noticed the massive marine pollution with oil and plastic. The UN asked him to take samples, which he did on his second expedition. He writes a book about his observations and makes a documentary film, for which he receives an Academy Award. The book and film are an essential contribution to increase the ecological consciousness, and ultimately lead to a UN resolution to protect the oceans. Heyerdahl becomes a pioneer in the international environmental movement.