01 Königssee: Skeleton hand of athletes with big leather protection. Knee pads are covered. Spikes are cleared of snow. Athletes with helmet sets berm on flat skeleton - sled. Athletes wearing skeleton - sled by vehicle to the car. Portable seat pad on the sled. Steel skids with milled slot. Start. Skeleton racer on the icy track. Race pictures. Athletes in the prone position control the sled by weight changes. Slow motion - pictures. Driver is taxed and kneels on the sled.
02. Brandt in Paris - 10 years German - French friendship's cityscape of Paris with Eiffel Tower. Champs Elysee. Car to drive in front of the Elysee Palace. Conference Hall. Georges Pompidou and politician in Conference Hall. Willy Brandt in addition to Scheel and German delegation. Review: (black - white) brother Kiss Charles de Gaulle - Konrad Adenauer in Reims. Handshake Willy Brandt - Georges Pompidou. Brandt welcomed politicians. Brandt speaks to the German - French friendship: "10 years ago, General de Gaulle, yourself, Mr President, and the contract, Konrad Adenauer signed the the world as an example regarded for the spirit of reconciliation." It was not only the sense of history and of reason, that the two neighbouring peoples newly established their relationships, it was also a European need." Politicians as a listener standing. Georges Pompidou, half-close. Economics Minister of Friderichs, Carlo Schmid, Walter Scheel, Horst Ehmke. Handshake Brandt - Pompidou.
03. Berlin: Signing of the basic Treaty immediately Egon Bahr in addition to Michael Kohl. Kohl signed the contract. Bahr signed the contract. Exchange of contract and handshake Bahr - Kohl. Bahr: "these two German States that have developed out of the ruins of the Empire, belonging to different social systems, different alliances and have fundamental differences of opinion on many issues. Nevertheless, share them with this contract, the renunciation of violence, respect for the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations the will for peace." Kohl speaks interview. Berlin wall border. Brandenburg Gate. Zone boundary. GDR - guards on the border. Visitors from West Berlin into East Berlin. People with umbrellas are waiting at the border crossing. Members embrace. Castle Sanssouci in Potsdam. Red VW - check Vopos.
04. Berlin: Green week 1973 West Berlin's cityscape. Visitors in the exhibition green week. Indian State. Agriculture Minister Erl goes through the exhibition accompanied by. Flowers at fountain. Ertl drinking wine tasting from large glass. Stand with country sausages. Beer served from a tap. Children Petting sheep. Calf. Lamb on girl's lap. English level. Goods from Rhineland - Palatinate, Hesse and Saarland.
05. Berlin: City as game room look into street canyon from above. City terrace Wilde book road. Children jump on the sidewalk about Tau. Ball game on the sidewalk. Ball rolls onto the road. Boys lag behind. Playground with wooden stakes. Playground with sand and slide, climbing frame and gymnasts. Umgitterter football pitch. Boys play football. Children painting "The ultimate playground". Children build adventure playground, boards and head wear. Boy is hammering on scaffolds. Boy poised on boards. Playground before large blocks of flats. Children play in the sand.
06. modern churches of rental apartment buildings, from small church. Modern church in landscape. Village church in Würzburg with asymmetric roof. Interior. The Christ Church in Forchheim modeled after the hop pole houses. The light falls from round dome in the area, dome rose bar. Church of Christ resurrection made of concrete and bricks. Dark stone interior with stained glass, large colorful glass front of the Church. Pilgrimage Church in Neviges in Cologne. Stone walls with a small cross.
07. Munich: Football - match Germany - Argentina 2:3 the floodlit - Olympic Stadium, transformer. Game scenes. Argentina rushes. Of Defense, the German assault is stopped. Argentina shoots flank into the NET 1:0 free kick Argentina 2-0 for Argentina. German striker shoots over the goal. Foul in the penalty area by Hötges, the player with the hand brakes. 11 metre shot 3-0. Two German goals. Argentine players embrace at the end of the game. German players go from the square.
Hands, chest, head and knees are armored, the spikes cleaned from the snow, before the athlete attaches to his high speed vehicle. Skeleton, probably the most immediate form of sleigh ride, win new friends in Germany.
On the skeletal steel and iron is a portable cushion with which the driver can affect the steering. The runners are made of 16 mm round steel with a milled slot approximately 30 centimetres long. It only enables a precise drive on the racing line of the ice rink.
With the slow motion, we watched Germany's best skeleton riders during an international race on the ice rink at Königssee in Bavaria. In prone position, the head forward, just inches above the runway, the athletes control their flat sled only by weight shifting in the 120 km pace through the ice channel. Skeleton should soon - so his supporters wish - 1928 experience a third comeback, because twice at the Winter Olympics and 1948, skeleton was an official Olympic sport.
Paris was the target of the first foreign trip by German Chancellor Willy Brandt after his re-election. The "anniversary meeting" surrounded the proper routine Franco/consultations with the aura of the historically significant with President Pompidou to the 10th anniversary of the Franco German friendship treaty. With the kiss of her brother Charles de Gaulle and Konrad Adenauer had sealed publicly the policy of partnership a decade ago. Georges Pompidou and Willy Brandt confirmed the policy of friendly ties, which will lead to a United Europe for both sides of the European economic and Monetary Union in the Elysee Palace. "Ten years ago, General de Gaulle, you even signed Mr President, and Konrad Adenauer, the Treaty, which sees the world as an example of the spirit of reconciliation." It was not only the sense of history and of reason, that the two neighbouring peoples newly established their relationships, it was also a European need."
Reconciliation with the West - an indispensable prerequisite for the new policy of communication with the East - especially with the other part of Germany, the German Democratic Republic. In East Berlin, the State Secretaries Michael Kohl for the Council of Ministers of the GDR and Egon Bahr signed the Treaty concerning the basis of relations between the Federal Republic of Germany and the German Democratic Republic after two-year trial period for the Federal Government. "These two German States that have developed out of the ruins of the Empire, belonging to different social systems, different alliances and have fundamental differences of opinion on many issues. Nevertheless, share them with this contract, the renunciation of violence, respect for the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations the will for peace."
"But the contract may take a decisive turn for the better. His signing takes place at a time of prospective European relaxation. The Treaty itself is at their service."
The border between the two German States remains like the wall in Berlin. But both are more permeable. Should be begun with a number of concrete improvements to normalize the long-strained relationship. Major points of the contract and its supplementary agreement the opening belongs to the States German people in the two "new border crossing for passenger transport" and the "improvement of the cross-border travel and traffic - including tourism."
Before conclusion of the contract, West Berlin were allowed to visit their relatives in East Berlin again after years. Conversely, citizens of the GDR only in Very much limited in the Federal Republic can travel.
Again possible destinations are also Castle Sanssouci in Potsdam and other attractions for visitors from demWesten.
Cultural Centre and largest industrial city Germany Berlin-West - is included in the contract. The sovereignty of the three Western powers continue to secures its status.
The trade fair city of Berlin invited again to the international Green week. About 40 Nations presented their products from agriculture and forestry also in 1973. Federal Minister Ertl opened the largest agricultural show in Europe, which is many things in one: test market for food and beverage, source of information for farmers and gardeners, agro political forum. The visitors from town and country but at the same time offers a culinary journey of discovery through culinary delights of in Germany and the world.
37. Green Week focused on the exhibitors from Denmark, Ireland and the United Kingdom, which gave her debut as new members of the European Community to the radio tower.
"If I could, I would make less parking, but more playgrounds.
After all, Very much many children on the road to life, because they have no place to play."
Complaints of urban children - but also by educators. The Federal Republic is not reputed to be a particularly child-friendly country. Always more but the knowledge has prevailed, that "the restriction of the child's living space in the metropolitan area must lead inevitably to physical, mental and social undesirable developments".
Wanted is the ideal playground. Hamburg children from 4 to 14 described or drew him: "forest there should be to climb and camp fires. "A large lawn, there should be no guards there and a Creek for fishing."
"My playground should look like: slide, swing, toilets, wood and tool, old car, climbing tree, water pillow, sand boxes, football pitch, table tennis, railway and roller rink."
"I've seen how some children in the street dirt must play. I would like to ask the Mayor to build a playground. They can quietly spend the few thousand mark, because they have money for guns, roads and houses. I ask you, even to children. But, don't think that you can turn the oldest boards to us."
The adventure playground and its variants are in the most urban children as an ideal travel: Here your imagination and initiative can unfold unchecked: here they interfere not adults — is the place just big enough.
"Some adults say, on a playground, the children make A lot of noise. At my home a playground was abolished once, because A few people have complained."
Architects and builders have planned the child with his wishes in new modern residential centres. Here it means No more: the lawn do not enter the walls not to get dirty on the Court do not make noise.
Churches today is hiding from the blocks of skyscraper like townhouses yesterday before the towers of Gothic cathedrals. Then, as today, but churches are among the most notable examples of contemporary architecture in Germany. The asymmetrical saddle roof is a village church near Würzburg, which represents the simple, simple in the Church.
The old Franconian Hopfenstangenhaus was a model for the construction of the Christ Church in Forchheim. Daylight falls from above into the room, 12 wood Binder, the "hop-poles", support the roof of the 12-sided practicality.
The new of Church "Resurrection of Christ" lasted 3 years. Concrete and brick was a sacred architecture, which provides the believers protection against earthly tribulations and quiet to gather and worship as a fortified church of the middle ages.
General characteristics of the modern church architecture are the variety of shapes and materials used. The two major religions in Germany, Catholicism and Protestantism, choose in distinguishing way from the forms offer of the architects.
The pilgrimage church in Neviges near Cologne became a symbol of the modern church. At the Munich Olympic Stadium stunned the young went on to form new national football team from Argentina - in black pants - which came to Europe Go ahead learn according to their own words, German fans and professional critics.
In the first preparation game for the World Cup 1974 in Germany disenchanted the ball artists from South America the reigning European champions already after 5 minutes: Ghio is a Flankenball from the air into the network.
The 0:1 residue shakes the overbearing acting Bundesliga professionals. But their unfocused game opens up a new opportunity the Argentines soon: in bad posted defense of the German past, Alonso put the ball into the right upper corner: 0:2 after about quarter of an hour.
The German team is shocked. Hit their shots, their damaged actions blocking the Argentines have become self-conscious.
Also in the second half, the guests determine the game. Defender of Halla slows down in the penalty area an Argentines with the hand: penalty, Brindisi can jump goalkeeper Maier in the wrong corner.
The Argentines not only by goals, but also by wit and technique recommended to the 60,000 spectators. The two German goals by Heynckes and Cullmann could No more to reconcile the disappointed fans: they felt rudely from world champion dreams ripped.
Cheers for the Argentines, whistles for Germany's Bundesliga stars.