01 energy security in the Federal Republic of Germany Ruhr industrial landscape. Metallurgical plant. Marshalling yard. Smoke cloud over work. Rotating wheels of Headframe. Men with helmets entering car. Car goes underground. Men with helmets and pit lamps rise from elevator. Federal Research Minister Matthöfer visited the pits of stone at Dortmund. Hans Matthöfer and attendant ride in lore wagon underground. Miners at the coal mining. New conveyor system will be visited. Graphical representation of the conveying system. Unloading a ground evacuation train. Locomotive pulling wagons to unload station. The car floors open up. Coal falls in coal bunker. Press Conference Matthöfer talks about the role of coal in the German energy supplies: "we see coal as an essential support of our energy supply. But in addition to the financial support of the coal industry, the coal, the Federal Government decided already in early 1974 on a programme that aims at a long-term strategy for the technological development of the method for the promotion, production and application of coal in the Federal Republic." Hans Matthöfer speaks in miner clothing with face drinking to the coal. Weldon metallurgical plant.
02. Berlin: Ceremony of Prix Futura 1975 film award for the constructive contribution to the understanding of the world of tomorrow, founded by sender Freies Berlin. Faces of listeners at the award ceremony among blacks and Asians. Photos of dilapidated huts from the 3rd world, high-rise buildings in an American city, coloured sitting on the road. Film cans. Projectionist places a film role. Film screening. Excerpts of films from the 3rd world. Indigenous pour rice out of bag. Asians in planning discussions. Excerpts from the award-winning film of the WDR "Smog" demonstration against pollution. Car transport under the vapor cloud. Man lying under oxygen device. The television prize and certificate will be presented.
03. transport planning a city example Hannover Hannover total cityscape. The station square with the monument of Ernst August, King of Hanover. The monument is dismantled, flower bouquet in the arm of the Memorial figure during the evacuation. Streets with traffic, from above. Restructuring of the city. Walls are collapsed. Aerial view of Hanover. Hannover map with marked pedestrian zones and strengthening of urban transport. Modern buildings. Historic houses in a narrow alley. Modern ball statue. Pedestrian walk in the pedestrian shopping street. Child riding on the shoulders of his father. Centers on different levels, loading zones, transport stations, roads. Tram passengers. Road train Depot. Traffic alerts on Ernst August Platz - Kröpke station sign. In new U-Bahn Bay subway cars ride test. Leaving the subway.
04. Bonn: Exhibition of Indian painter Narendra close-ups of the eyes of the artist in the Exchange with his paintings in red white black cut. Visitors to the exhibition. The Minister for economic cooperation, Egon Bahr and the Indian Ambassador in Bonn in a conversation with the artist Narendra. Indian girl with box characters on his forehead, large scrolls in catalog. Exhibition at the Ernst Moritz Arndt House on the banks of the Rhine. Brightly painted plate of Biedermeier. Modern Indian art of the present as well as the Interior of the German Biedermeier period. Tractor drives past on the Rhine at the House. Narendra developed his art from old Indian font making geometric shapes in the colours red white black.
05. Berlin: Max Planck Institute for educational research settings of the building with beautiful architecture. Interiors of the rooms with staircases and modern lighting. The three wings of the project library, canteen and classrooms. Interesting wall and ceiling design. Young people in conversation at tables. Library. Great bookshelves on the walls and movable Cabinet walls. Great books: Saul B. Robinson school reform In the social process of I - FRG, GDR, USSR, Jürgen lawn village: comprehensive school a social experiment, Dieter Berstecher: theory and technology of the international comparison. Duplicating machine works. Girl on typewriters typing in Office space. The building from the outside. Driving record.
06. Heidelberg: German championship in basketball USC Heidelberg - MTV casting 67:56 endgame in the sports centre of Heidelberg. In the sold-out Hall sit 2200 spectators to the game field. Game scenes and basket throws on both sides. Viewers jump. Clapping audience with big glasses. Game scoreboard. Color US student plays in the Heidelberg team. Casting game unfocused, grants safe throw chances, meets the basket on the edge. The 15 point lead in the first leg won melts together. Basket toss Heidelberg, slow motion. On the final score, casting is German basketball champion, because advantage was gained in the first leg with 15 points. The winning team umdrängt of viewers. Winner badge is upheld.
German coal is in demand again by mine closures and nobody speaks slag heaps. The oil crisis made interesting again the indigenous sources of energy coal. The optimal use of coal and the other "relatively secure" energy natural gas and nuclear energy is at the heart of the German energy programme which share of the energy carrier oil to up to the mid-eighties to be reduced from currently 55 percent to 44 percent.
In the shaft facility in Dortmund, Federal Secretary of research, Matthöfer visited recently, what does the mining industry itself, to remain competitive through rationalization and technological progress. On the tour below ground the Minister over a new funding system had.
A so-called Bodenentleerer system replaced in the Prime quarry as a first shaft on the Ruhr the costly support a locomotive pulls up to 20 tram to the unloading station. The labor-saving technical trick: car floors running on their own roles open up in the station the coal itself slips into the bunker.
At a press conference, Minister Matthöfer on future of German coal judges: "we see coal as an essential support to the security of our energy supply. In addition to financial support to the coal mining the Federal Government has decided already in early 1974 on a programme aimed at a long-term strategy for the technological development of the method for the promotion, production and application of coal in the Federal Republic."
On the international television competition Prix Futura was looking the sender Freies Berlin for the fourth time for the constructive contributions to the understanding of our world tomorrow.
in 1969, the sender Freies Berlin had donated this TV contest and conducted since then every two years together with the second German television. "Like no other communication means the television is suitable the initiators had believed"the problems for the future to take on, even solutions to register the progress of science and technology and to popularize"."
You seem to be right. The number of participants increased from year to year 1975 television organizations sent 39 posts from 25 countries.
The interest of the countries of the third world was striking and remarkable appeared the critics and commentators in Berlin also, the level of contributions, your problems are typically different than that of the industrialized countries – different stages of the development of the present require different predictions for the future. The standard for the transmission of information in the technical and artistic quality but align themselves.
For the first time in the history of the Prix, a post Futura won first prize from the Federal Republic of Germany. The three second prizes went to Great Britain, Holland and the second German television.
The film "Smog" by the Westdeutscher Rundfunk has been awarded - so the jury, - because this movie Very much exactly shows the threat of air pollution and deliberately makes the need for action against the threat of the Viewer.
The image conveyed to the laureate of the State of our Earth, was often anxiety. They can change, but only if they going to sugarcoat anything.
Our city is to be human, the Hanoverian - and Ernst August said, Walker, King of Hanover had to go.
in 1971, exactly 110 years after unveiling his monument on the station forecourt, the popular Ernst August had to leave his place for a time the craftsmen and engineers of the Lower Saxony State capital.
What was less restaurierenswert the urban planners and monument conservators, was demolished. On the basis of an urban development programme, extending until 1986, Hanover is to make life in the city its more than 500,000 residents again livable.
The warning of American Jane Jacobs for the "cities in the fall", which stifle the sprawl, traffic and the dirt, was registered here more attentive than anywhere else.
Two of the most important town-planning objectives of Hanover are to promote public transport and the city centre with the help of pedestrian zones again for an interesting and entertaining area de to make city.
Historic old buildings, streets and squares have leave the Hanoverian as they are and included in the new plans. By the way, already evident that the reconstruction of shopping streets to pedestrian zones has improved the urban environment.
Hanover Center should later be limited of large complexes. At the Raschplatz and the Kröpke they are already under construction. There are urban centres, which are connected by the pedestrian zones and include apartments, offices, recreational facilities, large garages and stations of public transport.
300000 commuters come every day in Hannover city. So far by car, bus or tram at the end of this year but they will feel really like big cities. Then, Hanover traffic passes its first subway line.
Even Ernst August Walker could be today yet proud King of Hanover on his city.
The Indian painter and graphic designer Narendra Aksharika game with letters is called an exhibition of his paintings. The Federal Ministry for economic cooperation in Bonn held them in a series of exhibitions with artists from the third world.
The work of the shoulder Indian will be presented for the first time in Germany. The Minister for economic cooperation, Egon Bahr, and the Indian Ambassador in Bonn Mohammed Ataur Rahman, opened the exhibition in a House on the Rhine which bears his name today in memory of a great political writers and poets: Ernst Moritz Arndt, one of the fathers of the German unification movement from the first half of the 19th century.
Indian art of the present, in a German Biedermeier Interior.
Narendra developed his imagery from the ancient Devanagari script. He has reduced their elements in the course of time increasingly on geometric shapes. The use of the colours red, white, black, who wants to be understood Narendra as mere contrast elements corresponds to the formal limitation.
Each painting, argues Narendra, was model of balance a kind of, that is part of this world in his view based. The move into the new building of the Max Planck Institute for educational research saved his employees not with compliments for the architects Gogel and Fehling. "We need To try that our work is the functionality and beauty of this building." But "It will be not easy to operate science that matches the quality and imagination of this building".
The staircase as the focal point of three project wings, cafeteria, library, seminar rooms - a variety of short horizontal and vertical pathways - an equally functional and expressive design of all spaces are the architectural solutions for the two main principles of work of this social scientific research Institute. Talk with others and work together, that one alone reading and think the other.
Of the approximately 150 employees of the Institute, 60 scientists - are psychologists, sociologists economists, academics and lawyers. Their work area, educational research, is a new discipline that is separate from the traditional pedagogical science. Education research school reform, school, vocational training, socialization refers to the totality of the individual social and professional education operations called the buzzwords of her main research projects.
In the 10 years of its existence, the Max Planck Institute for educational research has developed numerous theoretical and practical solutions to educational problems, and since its employees had moved into the new building in Berlin, they are can act with even better than so far in the processes of educational planning in Germany.
It was sold out days before the start of the game. 2,200 spectators watched the last two finals to the German championship in basketball in the sports centre of Heidelberg. Basketball has become a new tourist attraction in the German sports in particular, since the strength of the German club teams improved player from the United States.
The USC Heidelberg in red shirts and the MTV casting fought for 30 German champion.
The Gießener could consume in this second and final final game of a 15-point lead, which they had accumulated in the first encounter. But the Heidelberger not resigned. They expanded their lead in this game only on 10 and at half-time even on 20 points.
The black Americans Mansour was in the Heidelberg team with making sure that the guests came out of step mentally and playful. Inaccurate throws from good positions marked the absentminded game of the Gießen at the beginning of the second half.
Shortly before the end, the Gießen, also that she although the smallest, was but also the youngest finals team in body size. They played now spirited and were also the Heidelberger fans No more impressive, who accompanied every attack their team with cheers.
The final score of 67:56 expelled the Heidelberger as the winner. But in the final of both final games were traded, the Gießen with 4 points and were the fourth time German basketball champion.