01 President Scheel in France rolling out aircraft air force. Valéry Giscard D' Estaing and his wife to the aircraft going on red carpet. Walter Scheel and Mildred Scheel coming down stairs. Walter Scheel and Valéry Giscard D' Estaing step out front of the stand.
02. portrait of Walter Scheel black and white: children photos Walter Scheel as son of Peasenhall. The young man's face. Walter Scheel inflates model airplane and lets it fly. Transition to flying vierstrahligem jet plane. Walter Scheel sits reading on the plane. 1968: Walter Scheel is elected Chairman of the FDP. Close-ups of Walter Scheel as Minister of Foreign Affairs of the SPD-FDP coalition Government. Color: Travel: Walter Scheel with slung Sari in an Asian country in the traditional food. 1970: tour in Moscow. The Kremlin towers, great. Andrej Gromyko welcomes Walter Scheel during his arrival at the airport. Scheel in addition to Egon Bahr at the negotiating table. Andrej Gromyko, half-close. 1974: Choice of Walter Scheel of the Federal President. Annemarie Renger announces the result of the vote before the Bundestag. The opponent of Richard von Weizsäcker congratulates Walter Scheel. Mildred Scheel in the gallery. Walter Scheel speaks before the Bundestag: "the meaning of democracy is that you can choose between several options. Those expect who today have not their voice me, but, I'm from the days of taking office, the President for all citizens of this State." Walter Scheel advertises you as Federal President on the Venusberg Bonn in sports jacket for trimming action and is involved in continuous operation. At the Olympic Stadium in Munich Walter Scheel, the captain of the German soccer team of Franz Beckenbauer presented the World Champion Cup. Aerial view of the Villa Hammerschmidt. The Villa Hammerschmidt from the front with a fountain in the Park. Walter Scheel in session. State visit in France Walter Scheel lays down on the tomb of the unknown soldier wreath. Festive reception. Citroen with German stander reverses. French soldier presents Saber, great. Walter Scheel in addition to Mildred Scheel on arrival. Hans Dietrich Genscher climbs out of the car. Feast. Hans-Dietrich Genscher sits right by Valéry Giscard D' Estaing, Mme Giscard D' Estaing, Walter Scheel, Mildred Scheel.
03. Hannover Fair 1975 look through red white round window on the fairgrounds. Settings of exhibits and visitors. IBM booth of Economics Friderichs goes through the exhibition. Demonstration of the electronic Malloy of Xerox. Self-propelled carriages go partly with women at the helm, is reflecting. Construction machinery, excavators. Control device for hydraulic equipment. Giant shovel lifts flower arrangement.
04. monument to the example of Trier look at Trier, total, from the opposite bank of the river Moselle. Old painting of Trier, one of the oldest German cities, established 2000 years ago. Mosel bridge. By Commission of the Council of Europe, Trier was elected to the model town of monument protection. Views of space through archway. The façades of the houses. Painter paints houses facade. Pedestrians in the city. Driving record in historic buildings by the Porta nigra, swivel. The Royal House, swing. Romanesque window arches. Bus by road. Old narrow timber-framed buildings. Wrought-iron sign at home. Old fountain with water-spouting Lions. The market place. Natural restoration of houses dating from the late Gothic and Renaissance. Trier, total. Transformer DOM. Restorers work on the inside of the Cathedral. Indoors. Assurance of the building through the endeavor of the Foundation for modern static calculations. Drawings. The newly built steel truss. The Cathedral.
05. film and TV school Berlin cameraman perches. Camera car driving. Orchestra. Sample of camera in a Studio of the CRC. Students of the television center of the 3rd Weltbeim education. Negro, that's great. Work on the cutting table. 16 mm film strips are hung on film boom. Work on the mixing desk. Lessons on the camera. Students learn the operating instructions of the camera. Colored man working on the mixing desk. Picture mix. Control monitors. Representatives of the Federal Ministry for economic cooperation in the Berlin television workshop switch the image from black and white to color.
06. Frankfurt: 75 years German Football Association - football Germany Holland 1:1 women in long red dresses and men in blue suits marching in the Frankfurter Waldstadion. Black and white photos of old football. Walter Scheel in addition to the Hessian Prime Minister Albert Osswald clap on bleachers. Football is on the kick-off spot. Handshake of the game guide. Spectators waving schwarz-rot-goldenen flags, total. Game. Walter Scheel, great. Sepp Maier is in the German goal. 8. Minute beheads a Wang in the 1:0 and itself falls into the opponent's goal. Spectators wave flags, total. Goalkeeper Maier raises on ball, slow motion. Dutch counter-attack. Free kick is held for Holland at the wall by Maier. Dutch player collides with Maier and apologizes. Wolfgang Mischnick as audience, great. Shot over the German goal. In the 56th minute, Holland the 1: total shoots 1 spectators. German player stormed. Head-butt hits the goal crossbar. Defensive parade of the Dutch goalkeeper. German player is fouled. German free-kick hangs on the wall. After the game, reporters with cameras on the field run. Advertisement: Butter from Holland - Maykamp.
At the airport in Paris, French President Giscard d' Estaing is the President of the Federal Republic of Germany, Walter Scheel.
The visit to France is the first official foreign trip as President - an Office that 55 years previously not in the cradle, the son of Louis has been laid for Walter Scheel. Walter Scheel grew up in the small village Höhscheid in Solingen in the Rhineland. After graduation and Bank training he is fed with 20 years to the Wehrmacht.
His political career starts Walter Scheel after 1945 as a member of the free democratic party in the Landtag of North Rhine-Westphalia.
in 1968, Walter Scheel is elected the Chairman of his party. A year later he took over the Foreign Ministry in the first SPD/FDP Cabinet of Willy Brandt.
On numerous journeys, Walter Scheel, who had headed the Ministry for economic cooperation already under Konrad Adenauer, has made itself familiar with the problems of other Nations. 1970 Walter Scheel travels to Moscow to cover the new Eastern policy of the Federal Government in fixed contracts with Andrej Gromyko. His political negotiating skills Walter Scheel interspersed with significant improvements of the contract content in Moscow and later in Warsaw.
1974 a citizen President of all groups in society represented is can feel as the fourth President elected, Walter Scheel of the Federal Republic of Germany.
"The meaning of democracy is that you can choose between several options.
Those expect among them, who today have not their voice me, but that I am the President for all citizens of this State from the days of taking office. I will bother me, to meet those expectations."
The responsibilities of the President are varied. On the Venusberg Bonn, Walter Scheel touts as a sprinter for the trim you action of the German Sports Federation, which wants to convince the citizens of the daily healthy endurance. And in the Munich Olympic Stadium presented the captain of the German soccer national team Walter Scheel, Franz Beckenbauer, the Championship trophy.
The duty of representation is the President rather a pleasant task in the routine of his official duties. In the year of his presidency, he had to make for example 127 laws, decide 76 clemency petitions, and appoint officials in the month averaging 30-40, or dismissed.
To give new impetus to European unification, was the political guiding principles, subservient President Scheel his State visit to France.
In his speeches to French politicians, and in his talks with French President Giscard d' Estaing, Walter Scheel has developed his ideas of a European Union: the future European Community should by no means resolve the States but close together. We need to say goodbye not by our traditions and ways of life, so Walter Scheel said. The new start-up must begin but immediately, because otherwise the determination to slip threatens Europeans over their own destiny.
A glimpse of the future of the economy.
The Hanover fair was the indispensable economic barometer for the home and abroad, the prestigious showcase for the German industry, significant international contacts and information place of a globally connected economy again in 1975.
Exhibitors and visitors such as Economics Minister Friderichs, registered a "behavior optimistic fair mood" at the end of the nine Hanover days. Surprising deals made the exhibitors courage again and many of them have good sites could get himself previous economic low: recession makes inventive, called a keyword. 90 percent of all exhibitors stated that their offer did not contain truly technical innovations. For example this word processor had world premiere. The electronically controlled writing wheel creates 1,800 characters per minute. It writes from left to right or vice versa and can be exchanged for other font types.
4.134 exhibitors came in 1975 to Hanover and not quite as many as in the previous year. 910 of them were foreigners.
The iron and steel industry, the Office and information technology, the electrical industry and mechanical engineering were the focus of the industry.
Improved automatic control systems were a striking flag. Hydraulics and mechanics of the new crane generation for example are so closely matched, that huge buckets, sensitive as human hands can handle.
In a valley of the Moselle - Trier, University City, Episcopal, wine centre. One of the oldest cities in Germany. The Roman Emperor Augustus founded about 2000 years ago.
As one of fifty places in Europe, a Commission of the Council of Europe chose "European heritage year 1975" Trier to the model city for monument preservation.
With the appeal of "a future for our past", an essential element of European culture, "the architecture" shall be kept before the expiration.
"Architecture, which is more than all other Europe's distinctive identity."
For the city fathers of Trier was the problem and its solution: preserve monuments from all historical periods since Roman times – like the Porta nigra - not Go ahead and restore, but they as functional buildings in the planning for the modern Trier to include.
Monument protection not only for the historically significant single object, such as the Romanesque Royal House, for example, but for whole buildings or districts. In the city centre many buildings in the traditional historical forms were rebuilt after the war. The most important urban performance was the reconstruction of the Steipengruppe on the market place, the houses from the late Gothic, the Renaissance and Baroque periods.
Over 1,600 years old cathedral of Trier was "not only outdated, but vulnerable at its core". The repair lasted for 10 years, the Cathedral was reopened in 1974. But still work restorers from Poland, the best in the world, in the Interior of the Cathedral.
Most difficult problem was the static security of the building. Architects and engineers solved it using modern construction methods. For one, they filled the foundations, on the other they harnessed a number of steel grates over vaults and linked to them about hauling the newly built steel truss.
Cathedral and city will be continue to living history.
Music and camera samples in a Studio of the sender Freies Berlin. Curious spectators on the edge of the decoration - students of "television training center", the training facility for foreign TV professionals at sender Freies Berlin.
The third world television experts are trained here in a practice-oriented training for TV tasks in their home countries. 265 television employees from over 40 countries of the television training center have visited so far.
Students - up to 40 Fellows - come from the fields of television program and production technology. Directors, editors and producers learn the craft of television work from the script to the broadcast. For employees of the operating and measurement technology course provides a theoretical and practical all-round education. The standard course lasts nine months, the language of instruction is German. Representatives of the CRC and the Federal Ministry for economic cooperation celebrated the latest establishment of their school training center in these days together with the students of the television.
With a push of a button, the 'Television Workshop"in Berlin from black and white to color was toggled.
The show on the lawn was "glorious" football times. The German Football Federation celebrates its 75th anniversary with a new edition of the World Championship final match Germany against Holland in the Frankfurter Waldstadion.
Federal President Scheel saw a German eleven spirited berannte Dutch goal at the beginning.
In the eighth minute, Wang surprised the Dutch with a header shot from full run.
1:0 for Germany - finished final mood.
Meier, one of the five remaining players of the World Cup team goalkeeper has to be clarified first of all just harmless situations.
The Dutch, confident and war counter like in the Munich final, sent. Free-kick for Holland. The hot-shot ball is Meier to the first test.
Even without their superstars Cruyff and Neeskens, the Dutch in the second half earned a series of compensation opportunities. And in the 56th minute, van Hanegem finally surprised fullback Maier with a cleverly twisted free-kick. 1:1 the German Elf is upping the pace - without any measurable success. A head butt by Rahman hits the post.
The last quarter of an hour reveals, the German national team is still far away from its World Cup form.
The final whistle confirmed the diplomatic outcome, the 1:1 draw football association not spoiled the anniversary mood the Germans and the Dutch could claim her showdown with the world champion as a respectable success.
Persons in the Film
Beckenbauer, Franz ; Friederichs, Hans ; Giscard d'Estaing, Valery ; Mischnik, Wolfgang ; Osswald ; Renger, Annemarie ; Scheel, Mildred ; Scheel, Walter ; Weizsäcker von, Richard ; Genscher, Hans Dietrich ; Gromyko ; Maier, Sepp ; Wimmer, Maria
Berlin ; Bonn ; Frankfurt ; Hanover ; Moskau ; Munich ; Paris ; Trier
Hannover-Messe ; Trier ; Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Monuments ; Industry ; cameramen, cameramen ; Television ; Football ; Pedestrian ; Photographers ; Political events ; Portraits ; Aerospace ; Advertising ; Radio, television ; Schools, training ; Sports details, fouls ; Spoprt-Ehrungen ; sports audience, sports spectator ; sporting events ; Townscapes: Germany ; Carpet ; Buildings ; automotive engineering, automotive ; wreath stoppages ; Military ; Transport: General ; Foreign policy events ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Jobs ; Exhibitions ; Anniversaries, Jubilees, birthdays ; Fernsehen (vgl. 18.104.22.168 Film) ; State visit ; 01 16 mm project ; Industrial ; Military ; Sports honors ; 10 finding book Germany mirror
Translated by Microsoft Translator