01 Bonn: Meeting of the Western European Union travellers Mercedes with stander. License plate CD WEU 1 flags of the six European countries. Conference on the preparation of the NATO summit meeting in Brussels in the German Bundestag. Defense Minister Georg Leber says: "in a few days the head of Government of the countries of the Atlantic Alliance will meet in Brussels, to reconsider the position in the Alliance, as well as the position of the Alliance to the big geopolitical issues to discuss, to gain clarity for future behavior whenever possible. We know that the areas where the US policy remains unchanged, the ratio will be among the United Europe."
02. Brussels: Nato Summit US President Gerald Ford and wife coming down stairs. Waving flags of NATO countries. Gerald Ford is welcomed by King Baudouin and Fabiola. Gerald Ford and King Baudouin step down front of the stand. Ford immediately. Accompany Secretary of State Henry Kissinger. Helmut Schmidt and Hans-Dietrich Genscher on arrival to the Conference. Hans-Dietrich Genscher next to Henry Kissinger in the conversation. Joseph Luns in addition to Gerald Ford accompanied them to his place. Helmut Schmidt in conversation with England's Prime Minister Harold Wilson. Ear microphone. Gerald Ford next to Henry Kissinger. Gerald Fold and Valéry Giscard D ' Estaing at State Banquet outside the Conference in the interview with King Baudouin.
03. portrait of the city Mainz water games of figures. Carousel rotates. Rhine vessels on the river. Bike artist at screening. The Mainz Cathedral with flags on the occasion of the 1000 year celebration of the Mainz Cathedral. Gymnastics gymnasts. Bottom Turner. Modern houses facades. Timber-frame house. Trampoline jumper. Pan across the rooftops of the city. Corpus Christi procession. People cross themselves. Boys as an altar boy in the procession. Monument to Johann Gutenberg. Printing by Johann Gutenberg. Print Bible cover. Modern high-rise building of ZDF. Cars on the highway. High-rise residential building. The new town hall in Norwegian marble. Modern sculpture. Girl turns on balance beam. Carousel gondolas on the Rhine.
04. Bundesbahn train electric locomotive goes slowly into the picture. Travelers wait on platforms. Little girl standing next to suitcases. Heavy bag in the hands of a single man. Train departure plate rotates. Information officer with timetable indicates Lady. Modern car compartment. Look out bandwagon on river banks. Young man sitting in a compartment in addition to radio and listen to music. Young man drinking from beer bottle. Wife gives baby the bottle compartment. Dining car waiter serving dinner. Girls face at the window, big. Look out bandwagon on River and on tracks. Panoramic view from the driver's cab. Profile of train leader, great. His hands on the steering wheel. Men in train control system. Wireless connection to the platoon leader is made by push of a button. Driver picks up after Läutesignal phone and speaks to man the train control centre: "Te 10 holds today außerplanmäßig in Günsburg to record of a tour group. You enter by way of derogation in Günzburg train station regulation in track 3." Driver: "I repeat: holds außerplanmäßig in Günsburg Te 10 and runs by way of derogation from the station regulation after track 3." Train control system: "Right. At the end." Engineer: "the end." Functioning of the train warning radio. Number of turn is selected in Control Panel. Red numbers light up. Track radio stations are at a distance of 12 km. Signals are transmitted to the train. Entrance of the train station. Train stops. Departure by train. Waving.
05. 50 years camera Leica photographer stands with large old plate camera in the Greens. Cityscape Wetzlar. DOM on slate-covered roofs. Black and white: Photo of the designer of the first camera of the world in the works of Leitz. Color: The Leica 1 in addition to Matchbox. Font: Revolution in photography means the Leitz Leica camera. Various Leica models. Building of the Leitz works. Manufacturing optical precision instrument in Hall. Hands at work, great. Mounting of cameras with the hand. Cameras for testing controls and stress tests. Shaking System. Man photographed with Leica. Photos: White and colored runner, Aboriginal cottage. Race car, head of jet fighters.
06. Hanover: Competition "Jugend musiziert" face of a boy, big, trumpets blowing. Camera trip. Group of 4 boys blowing trumpet. The Musikhochschule Hannover. Prize giving ceremony for the 4 young trumpeter. Listeners applaud. Girls will receive prizes. SUSE Mewes plays guitar and is awarded the European Music Prize. Alexander Stein from Regensburg, Germany, plays flute accompanied by piano.
07. Bremen: boathouse by offshore yachts and preparations for the Admiral's Cup sailing offshore yachts at sea. Construction of the yachts shipyard in Bremen. Mounting frames of mahogany in the hull from Tabasco. Graphic design of the boat. Spinnaker is blowing in the wind. Sailing yachts from Helgoland and the wind is lying. Skipper at the helm. Get the sailing. Bow cuts through the sea. Colorful spinnaker of the sailors are used.
For the first time in Bonn began the 20th annual meeting of the Assembly of the Western European Union, 6 European countries, the Federal Republic of recognize the Assembly as the sole European parliamentary body, which is responsible for issues of common security and defence. Your MEPs gathered for the preparation of the Brussels NATO summit meeting in the German Bundestag.
"In a few days leaders of the countries of the Atlantic Alliance will meet in Brussels, to reconsider the situation in the Alliance as well as the position of the Alliance to the big geopolitical issues to discuss. We know that Europe will be among the areas on which the US policy remains unchanged, the relationship of the United States."
The President of the United States Gerald Ford came for the first time to a NATO Summit and thus underscore the unchanged dedication of America in Europe. As host, Belgian King Baudouin welcomed the American guests. Chancellor Schmidt and Foreign Ministers Genscher took advantage of the meeting of the heads of State and Government, strongly indicate the common ability of the West to defend in the future will be based on the relaxation. However increased efforts for the political, economic and social stability of the Member States are a prerequisite.
President Ford and French President Giscard d' Estaing met at a State Banquet outside the Conference. The exchange of views showed consensus that détente is only secure if the balance of power between East and West remains intact. Giscard d' Estaing revealed that France remains committed to the Alliance.
Leichtlebigkeit is not a dirty word in Mainz. The Mainzer know to live and celebrate - 2000 years. There are reasons enough for the history-conscious residents, such as the millenary anniversary of its Cathedral. Mainz am Rhein, a state capital in key words: approximately 190,000 inhabitants, seat of the State Government of Rhineland-Palatinate, spiritual center of the Rhine-Main region, University City, and the only German metropolis, which grows to A few thousand, new residents drawn to annually.
Corpus Christi procession to the 1000 year-celebration of the Mainz Cathedral. The relations between the Church and City Hall are good. Conservative wisdom and liberality respect each other. A long turbulent history educates practical tolerance. In the Cathedral, Archbishop of Willigis has its place of honor. He began the construction of the year 975.
Johann Gutenberg, a Mainz, who gained world fame. More than 500 years ago, he invented printing with movable type. Only a few copies remain of his forty-two line Bible.
And so the mass of the present. Mainz is the seat of the German television programme 2.
But this too is that 2000 years ago as the site of the famous 22 Mainz. Legion of Romans in the story was dismissed: modern interior architectural experiments made the building history. The new town hall in Norwegian marble behind dark metal grids created the great Danish architect Arne Jacobsen is said to wit, a penchant for the exuberance and a fast tongue the Mainzers. Anyway, she got it always in its turbulent history, set up on the sunny side of life.
Holiday - travel time. Is the federal railways. 7 million German citizens choose each year, simply, because they To want reach their destination safely and on time.
Comfort on the rail today of course. Calm and relaxed in the holiday drive, enjoy doing nothing, doing only what is necessary - so travel is already a piece of the holiday.
Two eyes that watch over the safety of several hundred people. Reading the instruments pay attention to signals that have the routes schedule All the time at a glance. Many others wake up and draw outside of the train. Modern communications technology improves communication. A train control system, newest tools for these men - the train car radio. With the push of a button, they can reach at any time each train driver. On the track Dortmund / Munich, the dispatchers now have trains going through on the phone.
"Warning announcement, engineer of the TE of 10 TE 10 holds today außerfahrplanmäßig in Günsburg to record of a tour group, entering by way of derogation Günsburg by the station in the track 3. Repeat: holds außerfahrplanmäßig in Günsburg TE 10 and arriving by way of derogation from the station after track 3 correctly. At the end. At the end."
And so the train car radio works. The number of turn key was elected in headquarters. Track radio stations are at a distance of 12 kilometres. You transfer the signals in the receiver in the cockpit of the locomotive. The control unit may be standing if necessary even the train directly via radio. Three years the new tax - radio system has been tested in the meantime it will spark information on approximately 2000 km of routes. 1978, 25,000 km and 6,000 locomotives are on the leash of the train car radio.
Slate-roofed houses, a very high Dome, which almost overwhelmed the city: Wetzlar, the old and free imperial city. Here was born the modern photography. Oskar Barnack designed the first camera of the world in the works of Leitz. He has linked the film advance of camera with a focal-plane shutter device, the famous Leica I was 50 years ago. She revolutionized the professional and private photography. Since then, the Leica was improved All the time. The consecutive models are familiar to the demanding photo fans all over the world.
In the main factory in Wetzlar and the domestic and foreign branch plants around 5,000 employees manufacture precision optics. The company makes the bulk of the turnover in the microscopy and Feinmess technology. As a manufacturer of microscopes, it occupies the first place in the world rankings. It noted the professional and amateur photographers, but for their DSLRs. The latest model, the Leicaflex SL 2 is only for a year on the market. The production of high-quality precision cameras is Very much labour-intensive. The wage costs are up to 70 percent of the price. Quality assurance requires a high effort. Each camera runs through a variety of controls and stress tests, before it leaves the factory.
Exposure times up to one two-thousandth of a second. Depth of field button, selective light measurement through the lens, so the Leica presents itself today - 50 years after its launch. Leisure and professional photographers benefit from it.
Playing in the group in the family has a long tradition in Germany. Her great competition builds on 'Jugend musiziert', where each year thousands of young musicians from the whole Federal Republic of Germany participate in. In the Musikhochschule Hannover met the best for music - and final price.
Before the award ceremony, there were hundreds of regional qualifying competitions. Any young people between 14 and 19 years of age is eligible. Audits are carried out according to instruments and performance classes. The 15-year Suse Mebes, for example, was the winner in its performance class and won the European Music Prize, which is jointly held by Western European countries at the same time.
Alexander Stein of Regensburg was successful on the flute. The competition has become 'Jugend musiziert' since the motor and scale of the musical education of youth in the Federal Republic. Later, quite a few competition participants choose the music profession. For months, they cross in all weather conditions in the Baltic Sea and North Sea: the Superstars of the German offshore yachts - yard fresh racing to defend in the Augustden 'Admiral Cup', the most coveted sailing trophy in the time. The sleek racer of the new generation arose in dimensions and handmade - Bardoliwala traditional yachts shipyard in Bremen. The material: shape glued Tabasco - mahogany.
America's famous design office delivered the draft again Sparkman and Stephens, which designed also the yachts facing the North Sea athletes won the unofficial World Championship. The new ones are cheaper almost by a third, because the owners this time abandoned expensive comfort on board.
The spinnaker, which is huge bulbous Headsail, the offshore yachts racing equipment. The German crews, from sailing on the North Sea off the Rock Island of Helgoland the Cup participants, set the spinnaker at night: a risky measure, because before the wind the spinnaker has an effect similar to that of the afterburner in a Jet engine.
The skipper needs a superbly played crew, if he wants to catch out the sometimes only tiny time, which decides victory or placement with equally strong ships.
More than 20 yachts compete for participation in the admirals Cup in this weeks in qualification regattas.
Perhaps the German sailors, succeeds to defend her world champion title. Their first Cup win was regarded as an athletic sensation: because they had defeated the British crew held for unbeatable with ex Prime Minister Heath.
Persons in the Film
Fabiola von Belgien ; Giscard d'Estaing, Valery ; Kissinger, Henry ; Leber, Georg ; Schmidt, Helmut ; Stein, Alexander ; Wilson, Harold ; Baudouin von Belgien ; Ford, Gerald ; Genscher, Hans Dietrich ; Gutenberg, Johann ; Luns ; Mewes, Suse
Bonn ; Bremen ; Brussels ; Hanover ; Mainz ; Oberhausen ; Wetzlar
Segelsport ; Mainz ; NATO ; Kamera ; Policy ; Deutsche Bundesbahn ; Jugend musiziert (Wettbewerb) ; Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Monuments ; Honors ; Railways ; Hands ; Hobby ; Industry ; cameramen, cameramen ; Children ; Europe, EDC, EEC ; Flags ; Television ; Leisure, recreation ; Musical events ; Photographers ; Political events ; Aerospace ; Religious events ; Radio, television ; Shipping ; Sailing ; Townscapes: Germany ; Surfing ; Trampoline, jumping on a trampoline ; Gymnastics ; Buildings ; automotive engineering, automotive ; People ; Military ; Holiday ; Social events ; Water ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Jobs ; Architecture ; Gastronomy ; Anniversaries, Jubilees, birthdays ; 01 16 mm project ; Industrial ; Military ; Surfing ; 10 finding book Germany mirror
Translated by Microsoft Translator