01 Duhnen: Watts race North Sea at Cuxhaven. Ship on the sea. Skeppsbron. People go in the Wadden Sea. Wadden Sea, in the background ship to the fore. Horse racing in the Watts: start. Spectators on both sides of the gated track. Galloping horses in slow motion. Fence viewers and spectators in a bikini or swimsuit behind. Two horses hamper in the corner. Harness racing in the tidal flats. Standing spectators in the bathroom dress see through binoculars. Movement of trotting horses in slow motion. Spectators on the beach full image. Drivers in the Sulky after victory with a verdrecktem face.
02. Alsfeld: preservation of discussion in the open air. Faces of people, great. Timber-frame houses, shot back. The historical centre of the small town. Two men with plans discuss before deteriorated masonry. Weathered wall parts are broken. Indoor shots. Beams of the roof truss. Originally obscured half-timbered facades by plaster and tiles, will be restored. City Hall door with wood carving. Interior renovation. Demolition of old sink, removal of old stoves. Modern heating and sink. Restored beautiful facades of houses. View from above on market square. Figures on building walls. Woman in Hesse costumes on the market with the purchase.
03. Evoking Wulfen modern residential building with staggered construction elements. Construction of the modern metacity. Workers at the screw by metal Struts. Models of the architectural competition for modern variable living. Floor plan of apartments adapted special wishes and needs. Workers lay slabs. Screw-down prefabricated elements. Large balcony and window boxes. The houses from different angles.
04. Berlin children have holiday children get out of bus. Children swim and play at Waldsee. Table tennis in addition to tents. Children's play area in the Germany Hall. Children ride in small children's railway. Children ride in the Germany Hall on go-karts. Parents as a spectator sitting in the stands. Soccer shooting in pegboard. Ball bounce. Kids cooking lessons. Eating the even cooked dishes. Children lie on the carpet and look at picture books. Handicrafts and painting corner at big time wall. Gymnastics on Monkey bars.
05. the antes figure - the Chibi painting by Horst antes, transformer. Painting exhibition Horst antes in Hamburg. Portrait of Horst antes. His paintings with Kopffüßlerfiguren, Big-eyed in the profile. Horst Antes paints, large. Various paintings.
06. Nurburgring: race junior race Renault 5 TL: Renault cars colorful at the Nürburgring. Cornering. Advertising wall swivels with advertising Pepsi and others by Nahe collision of two cars in turn, official flag. Winner gets out of car and being kissed by young girls. Formula I: sets race car driver helmet. Girls legs in hotpants, short Very much. Racing driver enters the car. Racing car in the race. It leads Nicki Lauda, Austria, Ferrari, followed by Fittipaldi. Spectators, men with bare torsos. Fittipaldi driving slowly outside on the track to the box with Lionel rear tires. Carlos Reutemann - Argentina, leaves as the winner by the goal and embraced.
In the North Sea resort of Cuxhaven, a sensation from the time made this summer at the turn of the century the biggest headlines: a horse race was started again In the Wadden Sea off the Cuxhaven coast.
"Nobody has thought that", a journalist of the Cuxhaven Home Press marvelled in 1902. "Tremendous flood of people" inspired himself on the first Duhner wattage race with him.
in 1975, it was again. 30,000 came to experience a new edition of this unusual sport spectacle.
Horse and Trotter to a 1000 meter track, which frees the North Sea only for hours. The horses had little difficulty with the unusual route.
"The chronicler of the year 1902 concluded his report: in the the Ritzebüttel - in comfort in Duhnen - that was never a day like the yesterday, the race will cling long vividly remembered the participants."
in 1975, it was again.
A small town in Hesse makes about talk. Alsfeld, a mittelstädtisches Center with about 18,000 inhabitants, had its heyday in the 14th and the 16th century as a trading and craftsmen town. Since 1962, Alsfeld operates a systematic renovation of its historic centre with the aim of "before the expiration to protect the excellent monument of the city architecture of the middle ages and the Renaissance."
As one of five cities in the Federal Republic of Germany, Alsfeld was therefore recorded in the European program of the sample projects, which is carried out within the framework of the Denkmalschutzjahres of the Council of Europe.
The numerous dating from the 14th to the 19th century timber-framed buildings determine the character of the city image. Many of them were already carefully restored.
The taste has changed over the centuries – the original facades often disappeared behind plaster and shingles.
the Neurathhaus was built in 1688. It is considered one of the most remarkable testimonies of Hesse Carpenter - and woodcarvers. Restored is outside and inside - because the sanitary installations is No more correspond to a modern living comfort. Today the residents of old houses No more sacrificing central heating, bathroom and modern kitchen.
A city without houses is like a man without memory - it is said in Alsfeld - lacks the relationship with themselves and the benchmark for the future. The small city from the middle ages and its citizens have this knowledge game.
Offset designs for modern living, geared to the needs of a mobile industrial society structure, variable layouts, variety and flexibility, internal and external. In the Westphalian town Wufen, the metacity - creates an interior made of steel, plastic and concrete.
Element system - this is the formula for the new construction, which will fundamentally change not only the housing itself, but also the construction technique. A framework of steel girders forms the skeleton of the House. The finished parts made from glass, plastic, and concrete are only fitted and screwed. Variable floor plans are among the conditions of "Elementa competition" the Bonn Ministry of housing had written off a few years ago. Architects and construction industry should be encouraged in this way to develop new systems and to test them in practice. The metacity Wulfen is one of 7 demonstrative projects being produced in different places of the Federal Republic, with financial support from the Federal Government.
The newly developed element systems are also a response to other construction methods, which have not held, what it expected of them: cheaper and better living. The element construction opportunity at least the individual to live than all generations before us: the screwed elements can at any time not only horizontally and vertically but also exchanged and new used elsewhere. Summer - vacation time. The nomadic Europeans discover the nomadic way of life for A few weeks and leave House and yard. Holiday must be even if the destination is thousands of kilometres away. But not everyone can afford a holiday. Large families in the city, for example. West Berlin belongs to the cities, which seek to compensate children - with an attractive replacement program for their lost holiday. The Berlin Germany Hall, otherwise show and sports arena for 10,000 people, remains a year for 3 weeks allocated to children. Parents have access Go ahead the ranks. Below are the children themselves. On a giant party, which takes a day from morning till night.
Whoever wants to can learn even Cook. The electricity and gas of the city have set up a large kitchen where experienced professionals teach the kitchens ABC aware - and eßbegierigen children. Punish yourself here, would be to save on ingredients, because after all may be eaten. All sports and playground equipment, all drawing and craft supplies are donated by Berlin industrial companies. 60 students, teachers and kindergarten teachers see free of charge according to the right in the hustle and bustle. This time, more than 50,000 small West Berlin visited the life party in the Germany Hall. Substitute holiday in the city - an offer that adopted the Berlin children.
A GNOME wanders again by German museums. He fascinates and irritates his viewers on the new.
In almost 200 paintings, gouaches, drawings and graphics of Karlsruhe painter Horst Antes on a major retrospective has his antes figure, to visit the popular "cephalopods".
Horst antes, which was studied and now often awarded at HAP Griesbhaber, heard today, as nearly 40 of the most famous German artists.
"I'm not someone who does exist, but I'm somebody." This is a starting point for the cephalopods. A being which is not warped as expressive or simplified abstract form image of human form. "As the fabric of fantasy and bound only to the image legality of cephalopods has its correctness in itself."
"I loading and unloading my figure, I fill it and empty it with allusions, gestures, thoughts, speculations, desires and anxieties." So, his work interpreted antes. "I am multiplying me, recognize me and through me something - in long duration snapshots.". The method of his work explains perhaps the success of antes.
They are so small and inconspicuous that they almost lost in the flow of traffic in the cities. And yet they begin to conquer - the Nürburgring, for example, one of the world's oldest and most storied tracks the racing of Europe.
Renault 5 TL: curves duels in the style of the formula I missiles. The French small car years ago has demonstrated its slope performance. Since then, he is chased by the racer young about the European rates. Mainly German drivers have discovered her heart for the lively urban runabout, effortlessly runs 180 km/h as a souped-up version of the sport.
At the Nürburgring, the fastest Renault enthusiasts for the 8th run to the R 5 met eleven Cup - the unofficial European Championship for the apprenticeship class of auto racing. A Luxembourg, hard pressed by a German and a Frenchman, held his first starting place to the finish.
Then the stars of the Nürburgring - with hotter engines and chassis presented themselves. Grand Prix of Germany has attracted 250,000 spectators: 11 world championship run for formula I pilots.
The field goes to the Eifel course and chasing the Favorites: Niki Lauda on Ferrari. The Austrian led in the standings and had penetrated the "sound barrier" of the Nürburgring in the training: as first driver, Lauda rushed his red Ferrari in less than 7 minutes over the 23-kilometer course. The Brazilians Fittipaldi and the Frenchman Depailler are making every effort to intercept the title favorites.
The hunting is: Fittipaldi's left rear tyre with geplatzem. A little later it caught even Niki Lauda. Only one in leadership was spared by the tire pitch: Carlos Reutemann of Argentina, who drove his Brabham unmoved about the glowing hot track. With his surprise victory in Germany, the Argentine pushed at times on the 2nd place in the championship standings.