01 Grafing/OBB: Goethe-Institut German President Walter Scheel in an interview in the garden of the Goethe Institute on the occasion of opening of a new laboratory. Walter Scheel sits in classroom. Young teacher teaches at table. Walter Scheel sitting next to Mildred Scheel and coloured. Painting at Bavarian House. Negril, with turban. Students of the Goethe Institute from all over the world in conversation in front of the House. Close-ups of foreigners. German lessons. Headphones are used up. Tape running, teacher speaks into microphone. Students repeat the sentences. Laughing young Negress with turban, large. Asian girl, great. Notes. Three young Asian students of Goethe-Institut music on the piano and violin. Two young girls go on forest road. Swimming pool. Swimmers in the pool - side, seen. Football game. Trip to the Bavarian Motor works. Workshop by BMW. Goethe Institute students on the tour bus. Visit the BMW works.
02. Chancellor Helmut Schmidt in Helmut Schmidt with sailor Hat - China, photographed. The great wall of China. Helmut Schmidt and Loki Schmidt from the great wall of China. Helmut Schmidt at table with chopsticks at State Banquet with the political leadership. Youth marching band playing. Children wave with artificial flowers. Visit the folk community of red star. Duck farm. Performance of Beijing Opera. Helmut Schmidt would like to thank the performers. Clapping spectators and performers. Group photo with Loki and Helmut Schmidt between the main actors. Signing of aviation and maritime agreements. Reception of Helmut Schmidt and Mao Tse Tung. The senile Mao is Helmut Schmidt, Loki Schmidt and members of his entourage the hand. On the airfield of dance performance with animal masks. Young people waving. Schlei, Kurt Gscheidle, State Secretary Karl Moersch are Marie accompanied by Helmut Schmidt.
03. Berlin: Overseas import fair "partner of the progress of international flags. Sales conversations at tables. African stand with pineapple fruit and African artifacts. Indian fabrics. Art objects, clothing. VW SUVs from Mexico. Medical precision instruments from Brazil. Trim-you bikes. African mask, large.
04. Bremerhaven: port skilled workers school in Bremen Harbor image with ships. The model in the port trades school lessons. Storage sheds, wagon, ship loading in the model. The technique of loading and unloading is taught. The students in the harbour at work in practice with protective helmets. On the crane, tractor is loaded. Foreman with handset. Theoretical lessons in the school. Explanation of the different transport winds. The port with ships.
05. Montan Bauer: German ceramic 75 - Westerwald Prize Exhibition of ceramics in Montan Bauer. Vases, boilers, boxes, wall ceramics. Pictures, portable ceramic, still life with apples. Modern ceramics. The award-winning design of a circular vessel by Dieter Krummbiegel. The prize winner Dieter Krummbiegel in his Studio when designing a ceramic. Big kiln. The branded artwork is taken from the kiln.
06. Munich: Military pentathlon the Pentathlon consists of 500 metres steeplechase, obstacle swimming, shooting, target - and 8000 m cross country long distance casts. Hand with a starter's pistol, great. Runners at the 500 meter obstacle course climbs ladder jumps on stilts over the water, crawls through the hole, jumps from a high wall. Obstacle swimming under obstacles through and over obstacles across. Athletes at 8000 m cross country through forest. Hartmut Nienaber at the 500 metres steeplechase. Jumping over water on stilts. Skip high wall, running under low tensioned network, jump over obstacles, hunched over walking beams, jump over a high wall. Crawl through jumps over and under obstacles through hole. After running through the target, he breaks down between two comrades who support him.
Festive mood in the small Bavarian town of Grafing: the German Federal President came at the opening of a new laboratory of Garae Bayerstrasse Institute, one of 18 in the Federal Republic of Germany.
The "Goethe Institute for German language and culture abroad" is a non-profit organization that works with financial support of the Federal Government, but under their own responsibility.
In addition to the domestic Goethe-Instituts, more than 100 branch offices give especially contemporary information about all areas of the cultural and social life in around 60 longer except for language teaching.
Every year, but also thousands of young foreigners in the Federal Republic of Germany come here to study and professional training. The Goethe Institute To give them the chance to learn German with proven technical tools and modern teaching methods in a short time, 200,000 foreigners have taken so far the courses of domestic institutions. They came from 132 countries.
The multi-week teaching offers not only graduated courses until down to the said diploma, recognised by most German universities. The living conditions of the host country, its music, art and culture are taught as best we can - also in this time -.
The spiritual function of mediator of the Goethe Institute was honored at the choice of the sites. Most institutions are either in university towns or small romantic towns with many leisure options.
The new administrative building of the Bavarian Motor works. Excursions in the production centres of the industrialized Federal Republic. The characters, words, formulas of a foreign language can be alive in a workshop. The intellectual level of most students is high. Many of them will be again among the leaders of their countries.
2,300-year-old history in the viewfinder of the camera. The German Chancellor of the great wall of China, which stretches for 6,000 kilometers through China, was just as impressed as other prominent visitors before him. Sights of the old and the new China, to a state dinner with the country's political leadership in the People's Republic of China formed the framework programme for the first visit of a head of Government of the Federal Republic of Germany. Fact-finding visits by German politicians had preceded. The visit by Helmut Schmidt in Beijing was a highlight and an indication of the efforts of both countries to develop their relations.
Brass band and bouquets: hospitality, where Chancellor and support also came. In the folk community "Red Star", they took Beijing's most famous export article scrutiny - the Peking duck.
In the evening there was a Beijing Opera - a mixture of Ballet and Opera game with political educational content. The Chancellor thanked to the ensemble, which caused enthusiasm and joy of the artists.
A new group shot - this time with a political background. The two transport ministers signed an aviation and maritime agreements. Thus provided the sea and air transport between the two countries on a new basis.
The most important meeting in Beijing was still waiting for the Chancellor: the meeting with Mao Tse Tung in a part of the former imperial city, shielded from the public.
The long conversation in a friendly and relaxed in atmosphere gave opportunity to present the German peace and détente and in turn to meet the Chinese views on issues that move China in our time again Chancellor Schmidt. After a 5-day stay, Chancellor Schmidt took to side trips in the city of Nanking and the province of Xinjiang, the Bonn delegation took stock: the exchange of views in Beijing stressed the position of the Federal Republic of Germany in the world and will undoubtedly bear fruit. Distant neighbors To want to intensify their relations - especially in the economic field. The efficient, export-oriented German industry hopes on the Chinese market.
West Berlin as a marketplace for the third world: the 13th time the overseas import fair "Partner of progress" gave profitable trade contacts.
in 1975, 414 overseas exhibitors on the Berlin exhibition grounds gave an overview of the export goods offer of their home.
The record number of participants led to record results: every second exhibitors reported already during the fair successfully completed. From year to year, the product range of industrial and non-industrial consumer goods, semi-finished goods and agricultural products has been expanded. One of the reasons for the success of this trade fair. Sales focused this year again textiles, food, arts and crafts, wood and leather goods.
A fair hit came from Mexico: the SUV produced at a subsidiary of VW.
Brazil surprised with medical precision instruments. It hoped that good sales opportunities in the countries of the European Community.
The 13th overseas import exhibition showed again that the EC market with a share of the world market by 20% for the countries of the third world is the most important sales region.
Container and computers more and more determine the envelope technique in modern ports. In the high-tech port operation, un - and semi-skilled workers go back to school. Bremen made a start: here the first port trades School of Western Europe working for some time. The technique of the unloading and loading of ships, as well as the securing of load are among the most important knowledge, acquires the future port skilled workers during the two-year training.
Model systems facilitate the understanding- and also the students make visible, as in the complicated machinery of a modern port everything must mesh.
Before the start of the training each candidate must decide on one of three disciplines: the Division of total port, handling operating ashore or jam er yew tree drive on the ship. In the harbour itself, the future skilled workers received his basic training.
In the head, and not only in the muscles it must today have the dockers. Mean for him two years of practical and theoretical training, raised his social status and his professional standard.
After passing the final exam, he receives a port certificate, which it equates to the skilled workers in the industry in the labour and social security law. Montabaur, the small town in the Westerwald between Bonn and Frankfurt, is becoming a new center of an ancient art: Montabaur organized the competition "German ceramics - Westerwald Prize" for the second time.
What 1973 as an experiment worked, was a surprising success two years later. 430 ceramist and designer sent around 2,000 work for the competition. 15 were awarded, 466 issued.
There are art objects and tableware made of ceramic material, which have been manufactured as individual products or as industrial series.
For his round vessel, Dieter Crumbiegel received the 1st prize of DM 5.000,00.
The 37 year-old Dieter Crumbiegel is one of the promising artists of a genre, in which craftsmanship is as important as the sense of artistic design.
Crumbiegel began as a painter before he is certain of the ceramic. For him let the ceramic material and ceramic technology to a far greater extent experiments than the painting. Experiments with glazes such as remain a game with the uncertain, because the result of the Steirizeugbrands - Crumbiegel burning at around 1,350 degrees Celsius - let's not precisely calculated ahead.
The Westerwald prize was awarded Crumbiegel for the courage with which he pushed for ceramic work to new forms.
Since the Bundeswehr also is Olympic champion and world record holder, are "Athletes in uniform" in the focus of interest. And with them the institutions that enable excellence only with scientifically-driven training and generously equipped sports facilities.
Make not only in civilian stages sport soldiers resurfaced. Unnoticed by the public there are many international military competitions for a long time. The most attractive military 5-combat with one among 8,000 m cross country, obstacle swimming, shooting, target - and long distance casts and an obstacle race over 500 m. The best 5 fighters in Europe for a last match prior to the military World Championships in Argentina met in Munich.
Star on the ISAR was Hartmut Nienaber, a 23 year old non-commissioned officer from the Federal Republic of Germany, which belongs to the first 2 years of the Sports Group of the army and defeated the entire 5-fight the world elite in the last year.
Nagaraj had presented in two of four disciplines new world best performance in Munich. He then ran the 500 m obstacle course in a new record time.
In Argentina but won a Swiss officer. A technical malfunction threw back desperate Nagaraj on his rifle.
Persons in the Film
Scheel, Mildred ; Scheel, Walter ; Schlei, Marie ; Schmidt, Helmut ; Nienaber, Hartmut ; Gscheidle ; Krummbiegel, Dieter ; Tse Tung, Mao ; Moersch ; Schmidt, Loki
Bavaria ; Berlin ; Bremen ; Bremerhaven ; China ; Grafing ; Montabauer ; Montabaur ; Munich ; Beijing ; Stuttgart
Policy ; Goetheinstitut ; Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Hobby ; Industry ; cameramen, cameramen ; Children ; Flags ; Leisure, recreation ; Football ; Musical events ; Pacts ; Photographers ; Shipping ; Schools, training ; Swimming ; Sports details, fouls ; Dance ; Animals (except dogs) ; diving ; Buildings ; Cultural events ; Art ; People ; Military pentathlon ; Holiday ; Contracts ; Foreign policy events ; Jobs ; Exhibitions ; Keramik ; Import ; State visit ; 01 16 mm project ; Industrial ; 10 finding book Germany mirror
Translated by Microsoft Translator