Deutschlandspiegel 255/1975 1975
01 Grafing/OBB: Goethe-Institut German President Walter Scheel in an interview in the garden of the Goethe Institute on the occasion of opening of a new laboratory. Walter Scheel sits in classroom. Young teacher teaches at table. Walter Scheel sitting next to Mildred Scheel and coloured. Painting at Bavarian House. Negril, with turban. Students of the Goethe Institute from all over the world in conversation in front of the House. Close-ups of foreigners. German lessons. Headphones are used up. Tape running, teacher speaks into microphone. Students repeat the sentences. Laughing young Negress with turban, large. Asian girl, great. Notes. Three young Asian students of Goethe-Institut music on the piano and violin. Two young girls go on forest road. Swimming pool. Swimmers in the pool - side, seen. Football game. Trip to the Bavarian Motor works. Workshop by BMW. Goethe Institute students on the tour bus. Visit the BMW works.
02. Chancellor Helmut Schmidt in Helmut Schmidt with sailor Hat - China, photographed. The great wall of China. Helmut Schmidt and Loki Schmidt from the great wall of China. Helmut Schmidt at table with chopsticks at State Banquet with the political leadership. Youth marching band playing. Children wave with artificial flowers. Visit the folk community of red star. Duck farm. Performance of Beijing Opera. Helmut Schmidt would like to thank the performers. Clapping spectators and performers. Group photo with Loki and Helmut Schmidt between the main actors. Signing of aviation and maritime agreements. Reception of Helmut Schmidt and Mao Tse Tung. The senile Mao is Helmut Schmidt, Loki Schmidt and members of his entourage the hand. On the airfield of dance performance with animal masks. Young people waving. Schlei, Kurt Gscheidle, State Secretary Karl Moersch are Marie accompanied by Helmut Schmidt.
03. Berlin: Overseas import fair "partner of the progress of international flags. Sales conversations at tables. African stand with pineapple fruit and African artifacts. Indian fabrics. Art objects, clothing. VW SUVs from Mexico. Medical precision instruments from Brazil. Trim-you bikes. African mask, large.
04. Bremerhaven: port skilled workers school in Bremen Harbor image with ships. The model in the port trades school lessons. Storage sheds, wagon, ship loading in the model. The technique of loading and unloading is taught. The students in the harbour at work in practice with protective helmets. On the crane, tractor is loaded. Foreman with handset. Theoretical lessons in the school. Explanation of the different transport winds. The port with ships.
05. Montan Bauer: German ceramic 75 - Westerwald Prize Exhibition of ceramics in Montan Bauer. Vases, boilers, boxes, wall ceramics. Pictures, portable ceramic, still life with apples. Modern ceramics. The award-winning design of a circular vessel by Dieter Krummbiegel. The prize winner Dieter Krummbiegel in his Studio when designing a ceramic. Big kiln. The branded artwork is taken from the kiln.
06. Munich: Military pentathlon the Pentathlon consists of 500 metres steeplechase, obstacle swimming, shooting, target - and 8000 m cross country long distance casts. Hand with a starter's pistol, great. Runners at the 500 meter obstacle course climbs ladder jumps on stilts over the water, crawls through the hole, jumps from a high wall. Obstacle swimming under obstacles through and over obstacles across. Athletes at 8000 m cross country through forest. Hartmut Nienaber at the 500 metres steeplechase. Jumping over water on stilts. Skip high wall, running under low tensioned network, jump over obstacles, hunched over walking beams, jump over a high wall. Crawl through jumps over and under obstacles through hole. After running through the target, he breaks down between two comrades who support him.
Persons in the Film
Policy; Goetheinstitut; Sachindex Wochenschauen; Hobby; Industry; cameramen, cameramen; Children; Flags; Leisure, recreation; Football; Musical events; Pacts; Photographers; Shipping; Schools, training; Swimming; Sports details, fouls; Dance; Animals (except dogs); diving; Buildings; Cultural events; Art; People; Military pentathlon; Holiday; Contracts; Foreign policy events; Jobs; Exhibitions; Keramik; Import; State visit; 01 16 mm project; Industrial; 10 finding book Germany mirror
Translated by Microsoft Translator
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Year of Release:
- Year of Production:
Mao Zedong’s 125th Birthday (* December 26, 1893)
In the history of the 20th century Mao Zedong is remembered in a number of controversial ways—as China’s great innovator and visionary revolutionary, ruthless mass murderer and power hungry dictator, figure head of the student movement and icon of pop culture.
The son of farmers was born on December 26, 1893. He would be politicized by the 1911 republican revolution, the May Fourth Student Movement against the Versailles Peace treaty and the writings of Marx and Lenin. In 1921 he participates in the founding of the Chinese Communist Party, three years later he moves up to the central executive committee. When a civil war breaks out after clashes with the Kuomintang, Mao organizes the struggle against the nationalist party of his opponent Chiang Kai-shek and pushes ahead with the development of a Red Army. Over the course of the legendary “long march” that takes place in the mid-1930s he distinguishes himself as a leader of the Chinese communists. After the temporary formation of a united front against the Japanese invasion (1937-1945) the civil war ends after 22 years with the communist troops as the victor. On October 1, 1949 the “great leader” proclaims the People’s Republic of China at the Gate of Heavenly Peace in Peking. From now on he wants to establish an encompassing communism and achieve the idea of a “new man”. His ambitious endeavour, to turn China from a backwards, agricultural society into a modern industrial state via the “great leap forward” is a catastrophic failure. Tens of millions of people die due to the hasty collectivization. In order to maintain his power position Mao initiates the „great proletarian cultural revolution“ in which he agitates millions of young people against his own party. In the wake of this “cleansing” hundreds of thousands of functionaries, artists and intellectuals are persecuted, tortured or killed, while countless of cultural assets are destroyed. The terror only comes to an end when Mao dies on September 9, 1976, its extent being downplayed for a long time. Nevertheless, the „Great Helmsman“ is still revered in China—and beyond, almost like a saint.
More video clips on this subject
Welt im Film 196/1949
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 886/1967