01. the new Federal Government and its austerity program Federal Eagle image filling (back shot). Election of the Federal Chancellor by the deputies. Helmut Schmidt in an interview. Willy Brandt in voting. Cinematographer. Bundestag President stücklen at the swearing in of the Federal Chancellor on the Constitution. Helmut Schmidt actuality: "... and justice will practise against anyone, so help me God." Deputies clapping, standing. Congratulations Helmut Kohl Helmut Schmidt. Cameramen - and women. Government Declaration of Helmut Schmidt interview: "we can us caught up in the international economic slowdown not shirk. For us this means: temporary decline in output, rising costs and rising prices, current account deficit and rising unemployment. This means for the federal budget, we need to significantly reduce and redeploy on the expenditure side." Intermediate cuts: Bundestag deputies, Government Bank. Workers leave operation, Office workers, workers from office buildings, seamstresses on machine in sewing room, workers at filling machine, technicians in laboratory reagents, students on stairs and in discussion. City total. Transformer housing authority. Driving record highway. Train on the barrier. Kampfpanzer Leopard in the maneuver. Multi-role combat aircraft tornado in flight. Cabinet meeting with Schmidt, Genscher, Graf Lambsdorff, Hans Matthöfer.
(71 m) 02. Lake Constance is in balloon Bodensee, Constance towns and Lake Constance landscape. Wastewater treatment plant on the shore cleans wastewater and passes no residue in the sea. Industrial buildings. System for the cleaning of industrial wastewater in the factory. Large sewage treatment plants near the banks. Taking water samples. Drinking water supply system. Scientists take the lake water samples. Analysis of water is created in the laboratory. Constance balloon.
(72 m) 03 Schwäbisch Hall total Schwäbisch Hall. Small road. Timber-frame houses. Timber-frame houses on the river. Ducks swim. Young people rowing on the stove. Gable of the old Guild houses and Guild labels. Market on the marketplace. People filling picture. Baroque town hall and staircase to the St. Michael's Church. Actors rehearse for outdoor on the large staircase.
(47 m) 04 satellite headquarters in Darmstadt of great mirror and the receiver at Darmstadt in the Odenwald. The European operations centre for space research ESOC. International car tags: Danmark, GB, I, F. scientists screens when collecting data. Control of satellites. The data center provides data. Retrieval of the weather satellite data. Computer fashion photos that are sent to the news media via radio.
(56 m) 05. Berlin: DAAD Artist (German Academic Exchange service) the American filmmaker Jon Jost driving as a Austauschstipendant of the "German Academic Exchange service" with the camera in an open car to the win column in West Berlin. Jon Jost goes beyond the Kudamm with camera before him bearing forth, Jon Jost in Studio for film aid cut. The Brandenburg Gate. The Japanese sculptor Shigeko Kubota buying flowers at flower stall. Exchange artists in the kitchen at the shared preparation of food. Shigeko Kubota draws Japanese characters. Considered the inventor of the video sculpture (three dimensional). Shigeko Kubota leads young viewers before their video series "Mountains".
(71 m) 06. Hamburg: Franz Beckenbauer in the Bundesliga Franz Beckenbauer comes down from Lufthansa plane aircraft stairs and umdrängt by fans. Young people swing HSV flag. Beckenbauer is under police protection, umdrängt by fans of airfield. Franz Beckenbauer during the training with the HSV. Zebec, great coach. Beckenbauer with the HSV in the invasion of the popular spark Stadium with the team of Karlsruher SC. Viewer, screen, Pan HSV flags. Beckenbauer in the game. Karlsruhe shoot 1-0 in the 11th minute. Spectators, large, disappointed with hands in front of the face. Beckenbauer playing the ball forward. Compensation 1:1 after 1 minute. Headed goal Hrubesch 2:1 game scenes Beckenbauer and game scenes in front of the gate of Karlsruhe. Score 3:1 for the HSV. Advertisement: Home and building Ceresit - Gatzweilers old - Asmussen rum - Volksbank - Coca Cola - BP.
01. the election mood was gone when the German Bundestag in Bonn chose the new Prime Minister. The new one was the old: Helmut Schmidt, who had won the general elections for the social liberal coalition. After his re-election to the Chancellor, he was sworn in on the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Germany.
"Courage for the future" in his Government statement called Schmidt. The population will have to make sacrifices. Not least because of rising oil prices and the weak global economy.
Original sound Schmidt: "we can not escape the pull of the international economic slowdown. For us this means: temporary decline in output, rising costs and rising prices, current account deficit, rising unemployment. This means for the federal budget, we need to significantly reduce and redeploy on the expenditure side."
The State will save and the citizens must take new burdens on themselves. More money for health and pension insurance is deducted from his income. The upcoming collective bargaining, workers can expect only a compensation for inflation. Otherwise, the number of unemployed could rise further.
The young people will feel the empty state coffers. Student support and student residences are threatened by the red pencil.
The private housing in city and country has declined. Now, the construction of roads and hospitals and other State structural measures should be restricted.
There are problems in the defense budget. Modern weapons systems such as the main battle tank "Leopard" and the "Tornado" fighter aircraft have blasted the planned budget.
However, the Federal Republic will meet its foreign policy obligations. This is true both for their commitments to the Western Alliance and for their policy of detente, and for her efforts to a balance of interests between the North and South.
02. Lake Constance in southern Germany: holiday landscape, drinking water storage and economic region. This Lake between Germany, Austria and the Switzerland is now considered model for international cooperation in the pollution of waters. By buildings, industry, transport and waste water of the region Lake Constance on the highest was at risk. With technischenund financial effort succeeded in the three States, to protect Lake Constance from the dreaded "tipping". 85 percent of all sewage be cleaned today in wastewater treatment plants and free from any residue in the sea.
The industry also had to invest for environmental protection. All major works built plants for the pretreatment of toxic industrial waste.
The many new sewage treatment works near the banks have the largest share of the pollution of Lake Constance. Their construction was the main point of the water protection contract, the three riparian States have closed 20 years ago. The domestic and industrial waste water of the region go through several biological and chemical stages, until they are so clean, that drinking water can be obtained from it.
The new lake water treatment plant on the German bank providing drinking water to 2.5 million people.
Also part of the agreement on water protection is the continuous monitoring of the water quality. Staff of the Institute for sea research and fisheries regularly measure the temperature of the Lake and take water samples.
The scientists particularly in Phospor - and nitrogen compounds, which stimulate the aquatic plants to excessive growth and thereby reducing the vital oxygen content of the Lake when the analysis. This underwater vegetation was observed prior to the construction of sewage treatment plants. 10 years later it was nearly eliminated. Preserve Lake Constance as a recreation area and drinking water reservoirs, future substantial resources must be spent.
03. Schwäbisch Hall - the Centre of castles and chateaux region of the Federal State of Baden-Württemberg. The writer Ricarda HUCH said of the former free Imperial City on the Kocher River: "Nature has rocked this city, they made art". Hall - the Celtic word for salt - returns the key for the origin of Schwäbisch Hall. Head and the salt extracted from them, justified the prosperity of this city, whose magnificent Zunfts and townhouses throughout the year be visited by tourists.
The market with the baroque city hall is one of the most beautiful southern Germany.
The staircase is famous. The City Council built it in 1507 to connect the marketplace with the higher-lying St. Michael's Church.
The 53 steps to the portal of the Church are scene of free light shows every summer. Actors and directors from all over Germany use this unique backdrop to stage Theatre in the open air. Rehearsing during the day is before passers-by, school groups and tourists.
04. Europe's ear to outer space listens in the Odenwald near Darmstadt.
Processed the information from outer space in Darmstadt: in the European Operations Center for wide space research ESOC. Scientists from 10 countries working here, since Europe put together its wide space research five years ago.
Acquisition and processing of all information obtained by the European satellite in space: this is the Mission of ESOC. The data used for telecommunications traffic, the weather, the search for deposits of mineral resources and for Europe's aerospace.
From here, the satellite is controlled and monitored the launch of the European rocket "Ariane".
The large electronic data center is the head of ESOC. Daily, millions of data run through the computer. The short-term and medium-term weather forecast for Europe is one of the main tasks of the operation centre. The European weather satellite "Meteosat", which is 36,000 kilometers high in space provides the data for this. Every 30 minutes, 150 million radio characters are received by him. From this, the computer put together a photo.
48 photos are necessary for the weather forecast of the next day. You are transmitted via radio to the weather offices and television. A new task awaits ESOC next spring: the monitoring of the first launches of long Spacelab "".
05. a camera ride around the victory column in Berlin: for the American filmmaker Jon Jost attempting to assure this city her closer to come - Berlin, his host city.
Jon Jost is a scholarship holder of the German Academic Exchange service, an institution for one year, the foreign artists helps to a one-year study in West Berlin.
The experimental filmmaker and Director has produced a number of feature films and short films in the United States, always on the search for new forms and - themselves. In Berlin, he gained new experience. Shigeko Kubota in Berlin was at the same time as Jon Jost. The Japanese sculptor quickly took root in this town that attracts many foreigners with its rich artistic and cultural life. There have been many contacts between Berlin artists and the fellows. You meet, exchanging opinions and thoughts, and feels comfortable in the Berlin scene that is so attractive to some foreign artists, moved his residence after the end of the scholarship to Berlin.
Shigeko Kubota is regarded as the inventor of the "video sculpture". Their attempts to put the two-dimensional screen with the three-dimensional sculpture in relationship, won art prizes and lectureships at art academies. The academic exchange service recently held exhibitions to present the work of his Sipendiaten of the population. Shigeko Kubota attracted particularly open-minded young Berlin with its video series "Mountains".
06. Again native soil entered a soccer emigrant: Franz Beckenbauer, his admirers call it still the "Emperor", after a three and a half year stint in the American professional League returned back to Germany. 2,000 fans took him to Hamburg in reception. Because the Emperor wants to sit Not yet despite his 35 years to rest.
Franz Beckenbauer for his new and arguably the last Club, Hamburger SV, whose successful coach Zebec had initially hesitated to engage the aged star. During the training, Beckenbauer revealed that he has lost at least none of his ball art.
Hamburg folk Volksparkstadion: Beckenbauer should To give his Bundesliga debut in a match against Karlsruher SC. The expectations of the viewers were highly tense.
In the eleventh minute a shock for the Hamburger: Karlsruhe will score the first goal.
But the Hamburg-based catch up quickly. Beckenbauer was silence, and overview in its old role as a sweeper. Just One minute later compensates the HSV. The HSV fans are reconciled. The game of the top clubs in white jerseys, which come All the time off off with Bayern Munich in the standings, starts to run.
Emperor Franz conducted his defense just like in old times. The prestigious and self-confident HSV player subordinate willing him.
Now, even the skeptics are convinced: the America returning seems fully Bundesliga capable despite his 35 years.
A successful start for Franz Beckenbauer was the 3-1 - victory against Karlsruhe. Now the Hamburger SV hopes the German Championship with the former libero of the national soccer team to win.
Persons in the Film
Beckenbauer, Franz ; Brandt, Willy ; Kohl, Hannelore ; Schmidt, Helmut ; Genscher, Hans Dietrich ; Jost, Jon ; Kubota, Shigeko ; Lambsdorff von ; Matthöfer ; Stücklen ; Hrubesch, Horst ; Zebeck, Branco
Berlin ; Lake Constance ; Bonn ; Darmstadt ; Hamburg ; Hanover ; Lübeck ; Nuremberg ; Schwäbisch Hall ; Travemünde
Stadtgeschichte ; Studentenbesuch (aus dem Ausland) ; Elections ; Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Federal ; Bundeswehr ; Railways ; cameramen, cameramen ; filmmaking ; Research ; Football ; Photographers ; Political events ; Rockets ; Advertising ; Shipping ; sports audience, sports spectator ; Townscapes: Germany ; environmental protection, pollution ; automotive engineering, automotive ; Cultural events ; Art ; Transport: General ; Water ; Science ; civil service ; Jobs ; aerial photographs ; construction ; Bonn (Bundeshauptstadt) ; Umweltschutz ; 01 16 mm project ; 10 finding book Germany mirror
Translated by Microsoft Translator