01 nine: German Championships in the 25 km cross-country walkers and jogging girl in Park. Teenagers playing ball on the lawn. The 25 km cross-country mass start. Dog (Boxer) aimed excited at fence. Running legs. Runners. Running ZL. Runner ZL. Running through the forest. Clapping spectators along the way. Runners pass through the target.
(41 m) 02 portrait Anke Fuchs Federal Eagle in the Chamber filling picture. Anke Fuchs on the Government bench in the presence of Federal Minister of labour. Anke Fuchs in the rear of their company car in conversation, great. Pan Federal Minister for labour and Social Affairs - Minister - shield parl. Secretary of State.
Anke Fuchs in her study at the desk signing post and meeting with employees. Anke Fuchs, laughing, great. Anke Fuchs leaves Ministry and car mounts. Anke Fuchs in the House with her family, husband, son and daughter of at the speaking of dates for next week. Anke Fuchs as Chairman of the Working Group on social policy. On the walk with her family on the Rhine River.
(62 m) 03 bad Wildungen: rehabilitation of paraplegic rescue helicopter lands on the roof of the Werner Wicker Klinik. Sickroom in the special hospital for paraplegia. Doctors at the bedside. Patients in beds on the belly lying at specific krankengymnastischen exercises. Retractable wheelchair enables Illustrator working on drawing board. Disabled persons in training kitchen learn chores of daily life: cucumber cutting, stirring. Physiotherapy in wheelchairs and on crutches. Sports therapy: archery in a wheelchair. The wheelchair basketball game. Swimming and basketball in the water. Moving from wheelchair to car.
(100 m) 04. Berlin: the Teens Teens in the recording Studio. Sing and play "Eloise". The victory column, large. The teens go in trunk under victory column. Teens eating in street coffee. The boys making homework and in vocational training, on the phone. Appearance. Fans cheer for the band. Arms oriented up and flowers.
(63 m) 5th border town of helmstedt driving truck on road cityscape of helmstedt, total, in the foreground. Trucks at customs border crossing in parking lot. The car at the customs clearance. TRUCK is sealed before passing through the GDR. Pedestrian in Helmstedt in shopping street. Small town houses. Brown coal mining, power plant and high-voltage line. Border fortifications of the GDR. Watchtower. GDR retired train ride in the West. Station sign helmstedt. Pensioner is welcomed by relatives on platform and embraced. CAR line at helmstedt where when passing through the checkpoint. 2. tramp girl.
(69 m) 6th Nürburgring: Veterans rally (see D 240) S / W archive: racing in the 1920s.
Col: Classic today. Sliding the Oldtimer and crank. Fan clubs organise races. Car in the race at the Nürburgring. Racing in the rain. Laughing spectators under a umbrella. Race in fast motion. Official lowers flag. Advertising: Pepsi - Uniroyal tire - remote Ode - European furniture.
01 if the spring has dawned in the Federal Republic of Germany, the Walker in the parks and gardens are only a tolerated minority. The health-conscious Germans choose a faster pace. By running and playing in free air, especially urbanites prescribe a detoxification cure for body and mind.
"Jogging" is a people's movement in Germany. Running affects some people even like a drug. You arrive to every open race and race to outrun the civilization-Streß in the community of like-minded people.
The sport has been set on this development. He offers increasingly contests over new distances the classic running disciplines. About over 25 km, a distance of just women repeatedly prove that they are just as qualified to endurance like manner.
German Championships, the athletes organized in associations Of course To give the tone. But care the almost 5 million joggers little, who turn their rounds regularly anywhere in the Federal Republic.
02. women in politics. For example, Anke Fuchs. She sits on the Bonn government bank when the labor Minister is prevented. After Office and function, it is his representative - a woman of 40, which applies in the Federal Republic as an example for those women, who have conquered a prominent position in the world of politics dominated by men.
"Secretary of State" is the official title of Anke Fuchs. Their political way in the boardroom of the Bonn labour and Social Affairs is typical of a Socialist career. Her father was a trade unionist and later Mayor of Hamburg. The father took over both: the social commitment and the will to achieve its political objectives in a Government Office. A Berufspolitikterin, but none has given her whole life policy. Anke Fuchs is married and has two children. The schedule for the next week denies every Sunday so that the marriage and family life is not too short. The husband also has his dates as representatives of the Federal State of Bremen, in Bonn.
In Bonn, the Hamburg politician considered straight and sober. The party entrusted recently chaired of the important "social policy working group" her, which often differs from the official government policy with their future designs.
The factual competence of Anke Fuchs had tipped the scales for her choice.
The conformity of life and politics, even in principle, Anke Fuchs believes. For themselves she reaches already, what she fight politically: the reconciliation of family and working life for equal rights and opportunities for women.
03. when the rescue helicopter in the approach is that all necessary preparations are made in the Werner Wicker Klinik. In this modern German clinic for paraplegia, we know from practice that it is in some cases to minutes. Then, only a quick surgery can prevent that the pressure of the injured vertebrae on your spinal cord damage more nerve cells. The art of the surgeon is capable of A lot today. But the hardest work is given to the patient: he must handle the blow and on a new, reduced life prepare yourself - a life of severe disability in the midst of a world of healthy.
Targeted physiotherapy whether conditions strengthen the heilgebliebenen nerve and muscle functions. It builds a diverse graduated rehabilitation program. At the end is a goal that is still more wish than reality: the rehabilitation of spinal cord injuries in his family, in society, in the profession.
New tools have been developed in recent years. About this retractable wheelchair with E.g. a help artist his profession can exercise again. This Chair the Werner Wicker Klinik orthopedists have devised, also this kitchen is so equipped, that the tethered to a wheelchair largely alone can provide themselves.
Paraplegia and other severely disabled sometimes bitter experience gain in their reintegration into the profession. All establishments which have at least 16 employees are obliged by law to hold 6 percent of their jobs for severely disabled in Germany. But almost half of these farms makes use of the statutory option to purchase exemption from this obligation.
Sports therapy: They aims not only to strengthen certain muscle groups, but helps to restore damaged self-esteem of the disabled and To give him new courage to face life with little success.
15,000 paraplegia currently live in Germany. Each year, about 1,000 will be added. Most had a traffic or industrial accident or died in the sport. It can happen to anyone. This insight displaced like to the average citizen. But thus he blocked also the disabled people themselves. So judging from many disabled, got off with a life in a wheelchair, but not that of the company only as second-class to be accepted.
04. you are all just urn the 16 years old and already experienced rock musicians: the "teens" from Berlin, five students and apprentices, which safely forgo training assistance or allowance can. Because they are long since multiple records millionaires.
At the age of 13, they came up with the idea to try, what is called an "American career" in Germany: to start at the bottom and soon to come up. After the homework, they practiced in the empty classroom. In youth pubs, they ventured to the public. Their music arrived. Television logged, became aware of the music industry. The five stayed cool, went on to school or started a vocational training. Already the El ensured tern. They made their breakthrough as recreational musicians.
That the teens are three years after launching today: cheered by her fans to Germany - and Europe tours in the hit list of German rock music at the top. If their success continues, they To want take the plunge and be only professional musicians.
05. border town of helmstedt, located at the breaking point between the two German States. Here begins the most important transit route through the territory of the German Democratic Republic: a lifeline for West Berlin, which is due to its island location on the constant influx of goods and goods. The truck must be sealed before the journey through the GDR. This happens countless times a day: because via helmstedt rolls a large part of the goods be - purchased by truck to and from Berlin around 9 million tons in the year. That means border location - whatever edge location. Helmstedt tried in various ways to overcome the disadvantage to lie on the edge of the economic area Federal Republic. Lignite open-pit mining, a traditional industry in this region, was even a bridge to over there. The border runs through the middle of the old mining areas, which today power plants on both sides of the border getting their fuel. Bonn and Berlin agreed on the common breakdown of the border camps. Curious result: the boundary is moved All the time back and forth. But otherwise, it maintains the landscaped by the GDR border fortification with towers, fences and self shot-machines - a macabre attraction for Western tourists.
Old citizens from East Germany to visit relatives in Germany. The DDR allows them a temporary departure until retirement age. Helmstedt is the first meeting place for Germans from East and West. The unhindered travel between West Germany and West Berlin is just as important as the supply of goods for the viability of the town. In Helmstedt, begins and ends the most important of the transit routes that use every year, 24 million people in both directions.
06. as our grandfathers took a million audience the automobile racing in the 1920s.
Half a century later their grandchildren take back the runway veterans. Morgan, Lagonda, Mercedes, Alfa Romeo, Bugatti: Full-sounding name from time, admired the car as a symbol of progress. Energy crisis and environmental pollution were still not problems that tarnished the joy of the car.
Fan clubs to the racing veterans care in the Federal Republic. Carefully restored and out gesputzt, the Oldtimer may every now and again, on the familiar slopes, for example on the Nürburgring. Always English are forcing their three-wheeled Morgan Wheeler with pure alcohol to 160 kilometers per hour.
Rain also can not be deterred the museum pieces: just quality was built at that time. Really go out anyway: the pilots not To want their precious veterans better. There, enough for them to imagine in fantasy, what's in their old as a result.