01 Lufthansa photo show: streiflichter Germany photo exhibition with visitors. Transformer. Old Pew. Timber-framed buildings. Modern high-rise building facade. Sea reflection, in the foreground fishing trawler on Jetty. Evening light reflects on field spanned with slides. Frontier East Germany. In the exhibition young blonde spectator, sideways, large. Photo: Workers with helmet transformer. Industry image camera trip. The images be removed and packed. Invite in Lufthansa transport space. Start the machine from left to right by Lufthansa.
(55 m) 2nd stimulus and austerity program of the Federal Government passers-by wait at traffic lights on the side of the road and then go on the road. Pedestrian scenes. Cabinet meeting. Schmidt sits next to Genscher. Hans Matthöfer takes files from a Briefcase. Pedestrian zone. Pack of cigarettes on sale Board. Spirits in baskets in the wholesale market. Ward with patients and doctors. Pharmacies showcase transformer. In the pharmacy, the pharmacist packaged medicines. Parents with 2 children on the walk. Father with little daughter seated on bike tour. House construction. Employment Office. Unemployed sit on floor.
Global economy Summit in Ottawa, Helmut Schmidt speaks interview: "All have their determination shown to combat inflation and unemployment, to maintain a functioning economy, a functioning world trade."
(64 m) 03-450th anniversary Tilman Riemenschneider Würzburg bridge with statues. Shield: Tavern by Riemenschneider. Market visitors to the marketplace. The Gothic portal of the Church of citizens with two sandstone figures Adam and Eve as a copy of Riemenschneider works. Exhibition of the Riemenschneider originals on the fortress Marienberg. Gravestone with portrait Riemenschneider. Exhibition with works on loan from Germany and abroad. Altar group. The Franziskusaltar. Small Alabaster figure of St. Jerome with the Lions. The visitors of the exhibition. Figures of the Wiblinger altar, that were put together for the exhibition, but are in the possession of various collections and owners.
(63 m) 04 radio exhibition in Berlin the exhibition halls at the radio tower and the Convention Center. Visitors to the international radio exhibition. New technical developments in Exhibition Hall. World premiere of the stereo sound for TV. Television pictures and listener with headphones. Videophone via fiber optic cable. Young woman on the phone. Model of satellite television. Dagmar Berghoff speaks the tagesschau. Audiovisual developments. Playback devices for sound and image plate with laser technology. Performance of a dance group.
(55 m) 5th allotments Headframe at the Ruhr, swivel to allotment site. Man rakes in his garden. Old man plays accordion on stool in garden. Family in gazebo, man lies on a deck chair and reads. Miners conducted underground electric locomotive radio. Butcher sausages. Man binds together in small garden flowers. High-rise buildings and housing silos image filling. Small cottages in the grounds.
(39 m) 06. Munich: Ludwig - / Leopold Street views of the road with traffic. Monument of the Bavarian King, Ludwig I, the Builder of the road. Leisure painter painting before the Feldherrnhalle. The University. Students in front of the building. Fountain. The State Library. Sandstone figures of Greek philosophers in front of the building. Fountain. Wider staircase and reading room. The triumphant at the end of the road and beginning of the Bohemian district of Schwabing. Young people sit in street cafes. Street vendors. Car traffic before the winning goal.
(55 m) 7th Kiel: optimist regatta little optimist boats self-right colorful lie side by side. 10 - 13-year-old boy when setting forth their boats. Sailing will be attached. Adult help when carrying the water. Optimist regatta on the Kiel fjord. Turning and buoy in rough seas. Boys drag their boats ashore. Award ceremony for radiant winners.
01 streiflichter, mirror settings, snapshots: a country and its people, portrayed by means of photography. Eleven renowned German photographer traveled through their country and questioned German Wirtlichkeit ' 81 with the camera. They found a country of diversity and contradictions.
Moods, feelings, the face of landscapes and seasons: sensitive approaches to reality without any intrusive message. First, there were German citizens, who checked her image of Germany on this exhibition in Frankfurt and Cologne.
Now comes the Lufthansa-photo-show wandering all over the world. "Streiflichter Germany" - so your title is, if it appears from abroad.
Jumps with the aircraft exhibition from country to country, from city to city: Damascus to Nairobi, from Tokyo to Rio de Janeiro. It will show the beauty, but also the damage to this country in the heart of Europe and provide A few views of the way of life and the nature of its people.
02. Federal citizens are waiting for better times, like all over the world. Meanwhile, they have to tighten the belt. Saving is the motto now stagnant economy, rising unemployment and high budget deficits. All parties agree on this goal. The total a course has been hotly debated: in which areas and Which one height Government spending should be deleted? To prevent tax increases more cuts? The coalition Government agreed to restrict state benefits, eliminate tax privileges, and to increase the tax on tobacco. For tobacco and alcohol, the consumer must engage deeper in the Pocket.
The social security of the citizen is basically preserved - but also being sick is more expensive. Health insurance companies will pay load for some medical Lei less than in the past. Recovery cures are restricted for workers and citizens must take part of the cost of medicines in the future more. The intended reduction of the recently increased national child benefit has been especially contentious.
There are tax breaks for citizens, To want building, and for Investitienen in research and industry. Of which, it is hoped Wachstumsimpule for the economy. Even the unemployed are largely protected at the moment. The Unterstlitzungszahlungen remain unabridged, but a bolt is pushed forward its abusive use. The economy and saving the Federal Government draws the consequences of the global economic turmoil and is in line with the be shots of the world in Ottawa. There, the seven largest industrialized countries had used common economic goals... To Chancellor Schmidt:-"All their determination showed that inflation and unemployment to combat, a functional world economy, maintain a functioning world trade..."
03. the city of Würzburg basked in the glow of their most famous citizen: Tilman Riemenschneider. He was one of the largest and most popular sculptors of the middle ages. 300 years the Würzburger had forgotten him. As at the beginning of the 19th century discovered his tomb stone, art criticism and also the general public back to the Gothic master became aware. Its sandstone figures of Adam and eve before the Church of citizens are only copies. As for precious gel ten today his sculptures and carvings, as that it would subject them to wind and weather. On the fortress Marienberg had 8 weeks to see the originals, was shown in an exhibition to the 450th anniversary of Riemenschneider also the wiederaufgefundene tombstone with the portrait of the artist's death. This so far most significant exhibition of works by early belt cutter with works on loan from Germany and abroad coincided with the completion of a large-scale research project. Art historians, conservators and scientists had studied for four years around 100 works from the early days of belt cutter. Works attributed to him, partly contemporaries. Surprising discoveries were made. So, the "Franziskusaltar", which so far as the work of an unknown master gait, is clearly a work belt cutter.
Belt cutter small sculptures, such as this Alabaster figure of St. Jerome with the lion, make it clear what his contemporaries on him admired: his - as it is called in an old Chronicle - "even graceful and masterful carving".
The fate of the "Wiblinger altar" shows how coveted belt cutter works were earlier. The altar showed complete only for the period of the exhibition. His individual character groups are migrated at the beginning of the 19th century in various art collections.
04. new Berlin Congress Centre and the exhibition halls at the radio tower the "Internationale Funkausstellung" again drew hundreds of thousands of visitors. Every two years the world's largest consumer electronics fair is organized here. From the whole Federal territory video and Hi-Fi fans arrive then, to find new technical developments and trends. The stereo sound for television had world premiere in Berlin: A German development of the stiff Japanese competition nothing can oppose for the first time in many years.
Soon production communication system of the future was the Federal Post Office: top a fiber-optic connection the customer can not only television and listen to radio, but operate also a videophone and telegrams and other texts give and receive - worldwide when the satellite television. About a small parabolic antenna millions of people soon countless programs in the House are can get.
The fascination of the medium and its makers is undiminished. If the German broadcasters on the open stage produced broadcasts, pushed the audience.
New audiovisual developments promise highest listening and Visual delights. Digital technology is revolutionizing the record and the video software. A laser beam ensures unattainable held playback quality of the record and the image plate. Also here are Europe's and Japan's electronics industry in the fierce competition. The consumer has the benefit: soon he can produce Studio quality broadcasts as his own program director.
05. in the shadow of winding towers and blast furnaces freedom of a few square metres in the Green: the allotment, the Bower colony - earlier rest reserve for pensioners, and industrial workers. Who becomes a member of a small Club, acquires the right to the use of a small Grundsücks, on which he can spend his spare time in the fresh air: an unhurried refuge after the Streß of the workday. More and more citizens settle after work and on weekends in the leased Idyll like this Miner, who conducted underground electric locomotive. The garden colony has become the oasis of recreation for millions of gardeners, which on its plot partly cultivate flowers, grow some fruit and vegetables.
Particularly high House residents looking for a piece of nature, a "green room" as compensation for living in concrete. Adjust the familiar image of the allotment colonies: ornamental gardens and mini bungalows Instead of the vegetable beds and arbours. The Manager next to the shift worker, a classless society in the countryside.
06. Munich Ludwigstrasse. The builders, who have erected in the 19th century, based on the Italian Renaissance. Remained that Boulevard, which Bavaria's King Ludwig I built, almost unchanged until today. Professional and leisure painter looking for their motives - about the Feldherrnhalle, here built after 150 years of the Loggia dei Lanzi in Florence.
The University was established in this period. The King of Bavaria had intended them for 1500 students and it underestimated the attraction of his town on young people. Today, the Munich-based University with 40,000 students is the largest in the Federal Republic.
155 meter Palace architecture: the State Library. Greek philosophers, in sandstone worked, encouraging the rise in the amount of collected knowledge: 3 million volumes awaiting readers in the surprising by elegant practicality.
At the end of the Ludwigstrasse the Siegestor is the Ludwig I built after the model of the Arch of Constantine in Rome. Behind the Amlisier-starts and Bohemian Schwabing, a legendary sanctuary for living artists of all kinds. Its special flair she received at the beginning of our Jahrundets, as poet, journalist and painter here appeared and a meeting place of the intellectual and artistic avant-garde of Germany made Schwabing. Strolling Schwabing belongs in the itinerary of every tourists of which many only after Munich kominen, because they are curious about the "little Paris" at the river ISAR.
07. when the boat is carried to water, adults create even hand. Then the sailors have to prove Nachwuß alone, what he can: 10-13 year-olds, the sailing regattas in the so-called 'optimist class'.
In the 1960s created the first optimist dinghies in homework. 2.30 m long and 1.20 meters wide boats should To give beginners the chance that in regular competitions that she one day well prepared on the large boat classes could exceed their forces to measure and collect as many experiences. At that time were concerned criticism: leisure sailing Yes, but no bets sailing for ten-year. The children cared not urn the adult dispute, but began with the optimist dinghy regatta to sail - like here on the Kiel fjord.
Meanwhile, many young sailors are already race seasoned veterans. They deliver position battles such as the great also with rough seas.
Today, there are 120 clubs with 4000 registered boats in Germany alone. Internationally has prevailed the optimist class. Even World Championships now plays the young sailors. And Of course they enjoy it as well as the large, if they can be on the podium after a success.