01 Ice Racing on the Eibsee (see D 208/6) classic and modern sports cars in the race on the frozen Eibsee, spikes on the tires of motorcycles. Start of the motorcycles. Ice speedway rider in the curves. Passenger's race.
D 208/6: car racing on the frozen Eibsee. Ice spikes on the tires of motorcycles. Motorcycle races on the Lake. Cornering. Sidecar racing.
(36 m) 02 West Berlin: City via the motorway houses via the city motorway. Cars in subway tunnel under the buildings. Apartments are available. Furniture carried from truck. Balconies and terraces of the apartments. Courtyards with children's playgrounds, and trees. Shops. Residents of the building of the motorway. (Expensive construction is subsidized).
(56 m) 03 Lübeck: Nordic film days subsidized culture city Lübeck, St. Mary's, Holsten. Posters of the Nordic film days of Scandinavian film productions. Paintings by Nordic artists. Theatre. Opera Orchestra. Ticket sales for the urban stage. Scenes of an opera performance. Guests in the theater. Curtain closes.
(66 m) 4th Bonn: Brezhnev visit German and Russian flag flying on the mast. Schmidt welcomes Brezhnev at the official reception before the Palais Schaumburg. Brezhnev waving at people. Stepping off the front of the stand. Protest demonstration of the Junge Union against the violation of human rights and upgrade on the market square of Bonn. In the conversation said, Brezhnev, Genscher, Gromyko. Kohl and Strauss enter home for talks with Brezhnev. Departure. Brezhnev waving back at the aircraft door. Schmidt, Genscher, Lambsdorff and others waving. Aircraft rolls to start.
(62 m) 05 dance school young girls get off their bike and go to dance school. Young men come with moped. Dancing in the dance school. Group dance. Dance teacher interview explains the young people dance traditional dances. Young men urge to dance. Dance on the dance floor.
(56 m) 06. force of nature work Trave the river Trave in Schleswig-Holstein. Small river flows between meadows. Paddle boat on the river. Dam of Mr mill. Former mill generates electricity with hydropower and power supplied in 77 households. Owner lubricates turbine. Supply of E-mast to E-Werk.
(50 m) 7th Düsseldorf: Soccer World Cup elimination Germany Bulgaria 4:0 rush and shot at goal, ZL. Viewers filling picture. In the game, Rummenigge and Kaltz. Fischer strikes the 1:0 corner of Bulgaria and shot over the goal. Hrubesch strikes on the misses.
2nd half: Rummenigge shoots 2:0 viewers filling picture. Foul on Rummenigge in the penalty area. Cameramen on the sidelines. Penalty 3:0 goal by Rummenigge 4:0 ad: Leonberger, Kulmbacher Kronsbacher PILS Mustang Appel.
1st prelude to the winter sport season - once quite different: Classic and modern sports cars on the frozen Eibsee in the Bavarian Alps. Already in the 1920s, racing driver, who love the offbeat, provided spectacular slopes hunts here.
A treat for locals and winter sports tourists. Above all the duels of the ice Speedway specialists from Germany and Austria each attract thousands of spectators: a sporting thrill, which Atraktion itself has gotten around to other Alpine Lakes. There now similar ice races are held.
02. living and sleeping on the highway. An urban planning experiment in West Berlin. Around 1200 apartments were built over a 500 meter-long section of the highway. In alien European cities, land is scarce and expensive. Therefore, the idea seemed to build on the public thoroughfares. Can the residents are doing sufficiently protected against traffic noise and exhaust fumes? This is a question that should answer the Berlin experiment for Europe's urban planners. The last apartments of the 50 meter high building were involved in the autumn.
The relaxed structure of the façade with balconies and terraces to take the severity of the massive structure. Otherwise, the insights of modern housing were taken into account: family-friendly floor plans of the apartments, good sound insulation, A lot of green between the glass and concrete. The trees in the courtyard, with its children's playgrounds were prepared already 5 years ago in nurseries for their replanting.
As for the settlement of any large shops were scheduled also for this Autobahnhaus. The residential value of this investment will need to be still. The construction costs are already controversial. The plant was constructed in the context of social housing. Who here lives needs to pay only 20 percent of the cost of rent. The State takes over 80 percent. But the State's coffers are empty, no more money is there for the construction of social housing. Therefore, the Berlin House of motorway is To give little impetus for similar buildings in Germany, the idea is so appealing to use inner city roads for residential purposes.
03. State and culture in Germany. The old Hanseatic City of Lübeck is one of many cities in the Federal Republic, whose Haushalt has substantial sums under the category "Culture". For example the 'Nordic film days' benefit. A cross-section shows once per year Lübeck by the film production of Scandinavia: a cultural bridge stop between the peoples, which would not be possible without the financial foundation by public funds.
Lübeck's visual artists receive a State subsidy, if they present their works to the public in a "show of the year". The political responsibility for culture lies not with the Federal Government, but the individual States and municipalities.
Cultural Vielfait could be kept so. The so-called culture carriers, who could not live without public aid, in particular the theatre include orchestras, museums and community colleges. Lübeck affords three urban stages including an opera with 70 permanent artists and staff.
Each ticket is subsidized by the city. The spectators will pay only 20 percent of the actual cost. Otherwise, the card would be so expensive that only a few people could pay them.
In Lübeck, a premiere every time is a cultural and social event. Abroad, the Bundesrepubl is ik often envied because of their wealth on speech and music theatres. But the cultural scene costs A lot of money, and if money is missing, because the economy is stagnant and unemployment is rising, some stage of the closure is threatened.
04. Official touched only by a working visit. But it was a visit with weltpolitischem background. The two-day talks with Chancellor Schmidt in Bonn led the Soviet State and party leader Breschnew, were the prelude to the negotiations in Geneva between the United States and the Soviet Union on a limitation of nuclear arms in Europe.
The Federal Government saw himself not as a mediator, but as an interpreter between the two superpowers. The Soviet Union it hard having, to regain confidence after it was invaded and new nuclear medium-range missiles in Afghanistan on Europe, was clearly on the edge: 40,000 people demonstrated on the market square of Bonn against the rearmament and violations of human rights in the Soviet Union. In the talks with Brezhnev Schmidt left no doubt that the Federal Republic of Germany stands firmly in the Western camp and that new American nuclear missiles in Europe be set up when it comes to any agreement on the dismantling of Soviet medium-range missiles in Geneva. Lot of time used the Federal Chancellor on persuading the Soviet leadership of it that not only the Government but also President reagents seriously is interested in relaxation and disarmament in Europe. As already in its previous Bonn visit, Bresch¬new also this time received Kohl, leader of the opposition and the other party leaders to exchange views. There he learned that match Government and opposition on the key foreign policy issues.
The meeting between Brezhnev and Schmidt was by the Soviet Union as important for peace. In any case, the detailed exchange of views provided an opportunity to better understand the position of the other side two.
05. Youth in Germany: adapted or rebellious? The time when the youth here as everywhere rebelled against the power and authority of adults, seems to be over. Old conventions are unexpectedly back in the course. For example the good old dance school. She seemed doomed to extinction. If young people in rock-Arener. and disco danced, then according to their own rules and often on their own.
Now, the old Ballroom are in demand again as well as modern dances. Dance lessons in the Group should be there, even the traditione cases rules of etiquette on the parquet be practiced again.
Confirm all dance schools: the wild rock time is passé. Young people seek physical contact, which offers only the pair dance again.
The 15-to 17-year old come - as before - mainly social middle-class. There you set always on social etiquette. But also the leaders of the protest generation came from same layer. So the times are changing.
06. The river Trave in Schleswig-Holstein, one of many small rivers in the Federal Republic of Germany. Recreational area for water sports and fishing, but also an economic factor. Their power is used - for generating electricity. This is also on a small scale, in the face of energy prices rising All the time. Because water is not expensive.
For centuries, the 'Herrenmühle' milled grain. 14 years ago, the mill owner replaced the water wheel with a turbine and bought a generator. Since then, the mill generates electricity.
Heinz Lange is Clerk and in his spare time to the small hydroelectric power plant. It makes a little bit of work. Every now and then the shaft bearings in the turbine sheer and control instruments: this is almost everything.
With his one-man power plant, Lange produced around 250,000 Kilcwatt hours. That's enough to supply 77 households with electricity. Long transports the power directly to the end consumer, but initiates him into the network of a nationwide power plant. He sells his electricity so financed hence modernisation measures, for example the installation of a more powerful turbine
There are several thousand small hydro power plants of its kind in Germany. Create at least 3 percent of the total primary energy.
07. the German national team on the way to the World Cup in Spain. Her opponent in the final qualifier in Düsseldorf was Bulgaria. The German team was dissolved and cheerfully. Before the game, she was clear as group winners. Bulgaria under pressure. Already in the fourth minute, the first goal scored by Fischer falls.
The Bulgarians, while no equivalent match To want let not to downgrade to the Trainigspartner. But it is not enough to more than occasional violence shots from the second line. Hamburg goalscorer Harding: he narrowly missed the gate.
Only a goal in the first half. The viewers are not satisfied. Begin to swirl, above all the German striker Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, the professional critique considers the best attack players in the world. Shortly after the interval, he makes a goal on Rummenigge-art.
The Bulgarian defense, often only with illicit funds can hold the lively Rummenigge. This time, there is a penalty.
3-0 to Germany. Even before Rummenigge placed with a wide shot the 4:0-final score achieved, the first spectators left the stadium. The true strength of the German national team will show up only in March on her trip to South America, when she plays against Brazil and Argentina.