01. the german French Friendship Treaty in addition to Chancellor Kohl enters President Mitterand Hall. Review of S / W: Adenauer and de Gaulle sign Franco-german friendship treaty.
Col: cemetery. German French sister cities signs: Glinde - Saint Sebastian, Trittau - Le Leroux Battereau. Border car traffic. Hikers. Strasbourg Cathedral. Economic and technical cooperation. Researchers in area. Start of joint communications satellite Symphonie: meeting of young people of the german French youth work on the tall ship Passat in the port of Lübeck. Sailing course. Mitterrand, stücklen, Carstens, Kohl's arrival in the plenary Chamber of the German Bundestag. Mitterrand speaks interview before the German Bundestag.
On the Kohl Government Bank, Genscher and the Cabinet Ministers. Clapping. Mitterrand leaves lectern. Carstens stands up and shaking hands with him.
(93 m) 02. Hamburg: art exhibition "Schinkel and Berlin" Kunsthalle. Portrait of Karl Friederich Schinkel, the most important architect of the 19th century. Visitors in the exhibition hall. Furniture and Bühnenentwurf to "The magic flute". Utopian architecture design with high column structures. Its buildings in Berlin as the architect of the Queen were largely destroyed and rebuilt.
(57 m) 03 Karlsruhe: "Björn Steiger Stiftung" rescue helicopter of the German air rescue on seat before hospital. Men of the crew run after usage command to helicopters. Launch and flight. Men run after landing to a lonely House. Attempts at resuscitation of an old man. Operations Center gives usage message by interview. Pilots jump up and run to the helicopter. Accident and accident rescue service with 1st aid. Pile-up.
(59 m) 04. district heating from waste driving dump trucks in the snow. He emptied garbage in large combustion plants. The generated steam turns turbines, which supply as generators of electricity and district heating. Greenhouses near the burning plant. Heating water flow in the tubes of the greenhouse. Flower planting. Begonia white and red, big.
(60 m) 05 Hannoversch Münden confluence of the Fulda and Werra to the Weser. City views hannoversch Münden in the snow. Timber-framed buildings of the old town. Residential buildings were used as warehouses. Restore dilapidated houses. Interiors with wooden beams. Figure of Dr. Eisenbarth, a surgeon of the Baroque period. Every year, man walks in clothes of Dr. Eisenbarth through the city. Exhibition of Arts and crafts at the Castle Museum. Artful plate and mug. Castle entrance.
(52 m) 06. West Berlin: ice Speedway World Championship start of motorcyclists on the ice. Cornering. Long spikes in the wheels and heavy motor vehicles. Max Niedermaier, Bavaria, with his motorcycle. Start of 4 riders, race. Viewer screen turn the heads. Angle in the corners. With padded knees, the driver put the machines in the curves over the ice. Fall. Motorcycle collides against straw bales at the side of the track. Spectators. From underdog position, the German Max Niedermaier and Weber will be world champion. Max Niedermaier and Weber with laurel wreath and Cup.
(54 m) 07-US plot: Hamburg: American ballet dancer at German Opera training of Ballet of the State Opera of Hamburg with Lynn Charles, 1st soloist. Hamburg State Opera. Lynn Charles goes to the Opera. She gives interview. Lynn Charles o-ton: "Dressing table, ballet shoes difference the United States Germany working atmosphere". Lynn Charles Truman Finney is dancing with ballet master. Sample from Gustav Mahler's 3rd Symphony.
01. German French Freundschaftavertrag was celebrated together. German Chancellor Helmut Kohl and François Mitterrand in Bonn. Was celebrated among friends. The reason goes back 20 years.
The first German Chancellor, Konrad Adenauer and Charles de Gaulle signed the German-French Friendship Treaty in 1963. The spectacular kiss of the two statesmen sealed a historical turning point.
Before that were tombs. The military cemeteries that have left the war, still remind you that there was a long time between the two neighbouring peoples, for which the word "Enmity" gait.
Today a daily image on German and French Straöen: 2,000 cities have formed partnerships across the border. European cities. The german French cooperation has understood itself since its inception as a pillar of a United Europe, even if the way to a political Union in Europe is still far. The most important: how are people doing? The French of French and Germans Germans remain of course. But the open borders, traveling back and across, the cultural contacts are them already become self-evident.
Most economic and technical cooperation has developed. Bilateral german French trade is the second largest in Europe and the third largest in the world. That gives weight.
For example, the joint communications satellite Symphonie. At Lübeck on the Baltic Sea. An old sailing ship has become a regular meeting place for young French and German. Over 5 million young people had so far by the German-French youth work opportunity to take a look in the neighbouring country and to recognize the precariousness of national prejudices. As with common sailing courses.
President Mitterrandim German Bundestag. For the Germans, Chancellor Kohl, said the german French reconciliation is the most important result of the post-war history. The franzäsische President said that it was the job of politicians today, to continue what their predecessors began after the war: the cooperation for peace.
02. Schinkel and the Hamburger Kunsthalle Berlin was the scene of a cultural event that caused a political stir. Karl Friedrich Schinkel, the most important German architect of the 19th century, was honoured in an exhibition that came from the GDR to the Federal Republic. One of the few examples of German cultural exchange. The complete works of Schinkel's shows the historical and cultural commonalities of between the two German States. The 700 exhibits presented in Hamburg gave an impression of the universality of the great Prussian architect and City Planner Schinkel: the furniture over the Bühnenentwurf for Mozart's Opera "Zauberflote" up to his utopian architectural designs, whose visionare Kraft considered unmatched to this day.
Schinkel designed and built mainly the Royal Berlin. In the now divided city were some of his buildings rebuilt, some a few hattan survived the war.
Schinkel's work has its roots in classical antiquity. He even coined a whole epoch.
03. rescue service "Björn Steiger Stiftung" a rescue helicopter on a mission. Location: a hospital in the southern German city of Karlsruhe. The crew: Pilot, doctor and paramedic. 20 km away, a 78jähriger man has suffered a heart attack. He has a wafer-thin chance only for fastest medical help.
The operations centre. Modern means of communication. A second will be given away. Because whether on the road, at work or in the household: every minute people have accidents.
Here, lasting only a few minutes the doctor's transportation is not sufficient. The man was dead. But in countless traps people saved straight diesesschnelle the accident aid system, which otherwise would have to die.
The rescue helicopter gehßren to a comprehensive rescue service, which was built by a man who lost his son, because the accident doctor came too late. Since then, the father of Bjorn Steiger - the name of the boy - has collected many millions mark donations and managed emergency telephones on motorways and roads, ambulances, radio and medical devices. This rescue is today significantly supported the State agencies, the Red Cross and other aid organizations in the Federal Republic in the ambulance.
04. district heating from waste a Müllvagen which provides a power plant with fuel. Unthinkable a few decades ago. Today the developed countries of the environmental damage are aware of when nan simply poses on the waste in large landfills.
It is better than literally suffocate in the trash to burn him - and gevinnen energy. The household waste of 650,000 people vandert by this store. He is part of one of the most modern waste incineration plants which have arisen in recent years in the Federal Republic.
Garbage has about the same Heizvert as the expensive Brown coal. The hot flue gases resulting from the combustion flow through a boiler and vaporize the surrounding pipes Uasser there. The superheated steam drives two turbine generators, which generate electricity every year about 100 million kilowatts. The system operates as a power plant and a thermal power station. In the immediate vicinity: Green houses, on their huge glass area, the nurseries can grow their flowers even in winter. The heating water flowing through the pipes directly from the waste plant in the greenhouse provides sufficient heat.
And the Abwärne that previously would be wasted, heated also the 270 households in this village. Environmental protection and low-cost energy are here entered into a rare harmonious connection.
05. hannoversch Münden, where the Werra and Fulda to the Weser rivers unite, is Hannoversch Münden, one of the most beautiful half-timbered towns in Northern Germany a stone bridge leads the visitor into the almost completely preserved core of the now 800 year old city. The carving with the Schiffstau ornament typical of Münden heralds prosperity of the past and its source, the ship traffic. The residential buildings in the old town were used as warehouses: due to the flood danger, the goods had to instead be aufbevahrt in the basement to the attic. Today one divides the old buildings into sophisticated apartments. BauäMllige buildings are not demolished, but restored at great expense. The renovated houses are popular, because the Mündener live gem nitten in the city.
Doctor Stefan Eckert is the bekannceste figure of the city's history. A surgeon of the Baroque period, who moved around as a walking doctor and died in Münden. As a comedy hero, he celebrates his resurrection every year.
Hannoversch Münden attracts many tourists. In the Castle Museum, the visitor can admire old arts & crafts: faience and ceramics of the network. Among the admirers of the city, Alexander von Humboldt was the world traveller and naturalist. Münden is one of the world's seven most cities was for him.
06. ice Speedway World Championship finals of the team World Championships in ice Speedway in West Berlin. Seven Nations at the start, each team had two riders in a total of 40 runs.
Doesn't show their force ice Speedway motorcycles. But in the spexiellen chassis hangs a 500 cubic centimeter engine, which, with methanol instead of gasoline driven, bit to 60 HP entvickelt. 2.8 cm long spikes are embedded in the tire. The German driver, here the farmer Max Niedermaier from Bavaria, lumen as an outsider to the World Cup final. Again the Soviet Union, which so far, apart from two exceptions, was all world champion was favored.
Up to 130Kilometer per hour quickly rush the riders around the ice oval. Traditional manual gearbox lacks the machines as well as brake. The pace is reduced with the motor. The riders with their padded knees rest in the extreme angle. And it comes to a crash, is prevented by straw bales on the edge of the railway and a RIP cord on the wrist of the driver, which instantly brings the engine to a halt usually worse.
In West Berlin, David over Goliath victory. At the end of the German Niedermaier and Weber were, 4lyn, is sensational as the new world champion of the spectators.
Persons in the Film
Adenauer, Konrad ; Carstens, Karl ; Gaulle de, Charles ; Kohl, Hannelore ; Charles, Lynn ; Finney, Truman ; Genscher, Hans Dietrich ; Mitterand, Francois ; Stücklen ; Niedermaier, Max ; Weber, Paul
Berlin ; Bonn ; Hamburg ; Hannoversch Münden ; Karlsruhe ; Lindlar ; Lübeck ; Munich ; Ochsenfurt ; Rhine ; Strasbourg ; Strasbourg ; West Berlin
Stadtgeschichte ; Deutsch-Französische Beziehungen ; Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Energy, energy supply ; Education, youth ; Europe, EDC, EEC ; Research ; Football ; motor sports ; Pacts ; Plants ; Political events ; Rockets ; Aerospace ; Reviews ; Shipping ; Spoprt-Ehrungen ; sports audience, sports spectator ; Townscapes: Germany ; Townscapes: Europe ; Dance ; Accidents ; Buildings ; war graves ; Art ; Contracts ; Science ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Exhibitions ; construction ; Baukunst (Baudenkmal) ; 01 16 mm project ; Sports honors ; 10 finding book Germany mirror
Translated by Microsoft Translator