01. 2000 years of Trier situated bridge of Trier. The Porta Negra. Youth of Europe in Trier. Roman bust and items. Foreigners in artistic workshop. Rain falls in Lake. Rock concert in the open air. Aerial view of Trier.
(54 m) 02 Ahrensburg - Center of State of the art printing techniques - Axel Springer break by Hamburger Abendblatt newspaper page. Scanner transmits characters electrical signals emitted by the Publishing House to the printer via microwave radio relay system. Receiver in Ahrensburg. Negative of the newspaper page. State of the art machine park. Rotary printing as order printing time. Completion and transport on tape.
(68 m) 03 40 years - 20 July 1944-young people in exhibition: the horrors of the Nazi era.
Review s.w.: Concentration camp pictures. Photo wall. Children in the concentration camp. Hitler speech: "And I don't think that the opponents, who laughed at the time, also still laugh."
SA blocking chain pushes back people. Hitler salute in car. Burning cities. General staff with count Shanini mountain. Images of the assassination of Hitler and Mussolini in the headquarters. Trial against von Witzleben.
Roland Freisler before the "people's Court": o-ton: "In the name of the German people: you are punished with death."
Death sentence. Memorial Berlin Plötzensee.
Color: Commemoration cabbage o-ton: "the July 20 has us Germans made it possible to maintain our dignity as listeners von Weizsäcker and wife"was the commitment to the resistance of the 20 July part a new self-discovery of the German people. We are lucky in a State of law, the freedom and peace to live. This happy fate but calls us, we never forget the resistance against the tyranny."
Kohl lays down on the Memorial wreath.
(89 m) 04. Munich: Alte Pinakothek visitors in the gallery. Picture Gallery. El Greco: descent from the cross of Christ 1529 painting battle of Alexander. The 4 Apostles by Albrecht Dürer. Self portrait. Holland masters. Rubens, Breughel. 2 visitors come down stairs.
(61 m) 05. Berlin: Laubenpieper the wall. Small garden colony at the wall. People in their gardens for gardening. Cherries are harvested. Hansaviertel - high-rise buildings. Lawn mower. Preparation for Festival. Tables are soaped up. Pennants are plugged. Dance. Festive atmosphere.
(45 m) 06 catamaran sailing catamarans will be taken to the beach. Prepare the boats and start of the regatta. Catamarans with colorful sails on the sea. Sailors hang out far from the twin-hull boats. Capsized boat is set up. Turning buoy. The Dutch occupy the first 7 places. (See D 290)
(43 m) 07 US story - Opel. People go to the brave German subsidiary screen. Opel car. Opel works in Rüsselsheim, Germany.
Review: black & white: 1868, Opel produced sewing machines. Adam Opel. 5 Opel sons cycling in tandem. Rocket car. Color: General Motors President Alfred Sloan closes partnership. Modern design. Production. Automation. Injection of body. Assembly. Cars roll off the production line. Freight transport.
01 2000 years of Trier with this bridge where it all started: the Romans beat them over the Moselle river - 2000 years ago.
The Porta nigra, the largest Roman city gate outside Italy is almost as old. Once light yellow and black in the middle ages become due to air pollution.
Trier, the oldest city in Germany, celebrated its 2000th anniversary and invited the youth of Europe. Search for clues actually belongs in its own past, this city Europe. 1000 years ago, Trier was the largest city to Rome, the capital of Europe North of the Alps.
How would the Romans decide if they see what has become of their empire Roman?
And conversely, how can we find inside us in a time when in Trier, Roman emperors were governed and trade, craft and arts in high bloom? For example, by touching the history, makes it, like these young Europeans who practised under the guidance in the old art techniques. In Trier, monuments of history and art periods stand together so tightly that even a short walk through a century leads.
A rainy rock concert will vociferously in the present. But in this Geenwart so much past is alive, that in each visitors closed to almost by itself a European sense of history stirs.
02. Ahrensburg - Center of State of the art printing techniques break of a newspaper page in a Hamburg-based publishing house. The output of a big newspaper created: an impressive document of the technological revolution in the printing and newspaper of the Federal Republic. This is the moment where the technique itself takes over the production process. A so-called "scanner" transfers the characters electric signals, transmitted via a microwave system behind the publishing house printing 30 km away. In the large printing Centre before the gates of Hamburg a receiving device into electric signals again picture characters. A negative facsimile of newspaper page is created, then directly copied on the printing plate.
The introduction of this state of the art technology of light set, computers and a new generation of presses was not without opposition. Workers in the printing industry feared for their jobs. Others warned of a severe competition competition, the only large enterprises could be due to the high investment.
These concerns proved to be unfounded. The jobs have been preserved, were raised but high. More skilled workers and fewer workers are needed.
The issue of market dominance was drawn. Although, this largest printing Center in Europe is a single Publisher. But since it is economically forced to load its expensive machinery, it prints also the leaves of its competitors and cheaper and faster than they could in their own printers. Each of these machines print size hourly 70,000 newspapers with 48 pages.
The new fast technology, the newspaper was also current. So the editor can lift messages in the journal until 21: 00, that is delivered from 2 o'clock in the morning.
03. 40 years - 20 July 1944 the horrors of the Nazi regime, documented in exhibitions and memorials in Germany. Even 40 years after confronting this darkest chapter of German history is a part of school education. A quieter contemplation is followed the example community allegations of the post-war generation against their fathers. But the scare has remained, and the question: "why did your Hitler not taken seriously? He said at first, what he had before!"
It was the great successes of Hitler, who denounced first any opposition to fail. Only when the Nazi atrocities were noised and Hitler's fire wave over Europe rolled, formed his opponents. A revolt of conscience on behalf of law and of humanity. Count Stauffenberg, Colonel in the General staff, took the Mutzzur fact: on 20 July 1944, he deposited a bomb in Hitler's headquarters. The bomb exploded but Hitler remained almost intact to the dismay of the conspirators.
Compared to his fellow dictator Mussolini, Hitler praised his salvation as a work of Divine Providence.
The bloody tyrant took bloody revenge. The conspirators and confidants were consigned to the Nazi-terror justice. Générale, clergy, trade unionists, and 200 in number, heard after a brief show trial the same sentence: death by hanging. Berlin - Plötzensee. Today, Memorial is the place where many men of the German resistance were killed.
Graf Stauffenberg was executed on the day of the assassination in the courtyard of a police barracks. The revolt against the tyranny of July 20, 1944 is understood by all Germans as a political legacy.
04. Alte Pinakothek a House for ancient art, which itself is art. The visitors come and go since 1836.
The "Alte Pinakothek" in Munich, one of the most important art galleries in the world, owes its most treasures the virtuosity of the Dukes, Princes and Kings of Bavaria. All were collectors with a passion, everyone added new masterpieces to the inherited stock, for 400 years.
Spanish painter we El Greco and the great master of Italy, Holland, Germany and France are represented here. The first collector of the Bavarian ruling House of Wittelsbach was a series of historical images in order, of which one, the image of "Battle of Alexander", painted by Albrecht Altdorfer, 1529 has become world famous.
The "four Apostles" by Albrecht Dürer, the greatest German painters of the late Middle Ages. This image belongs to a total of 6 Dürer works which ensured an other Wittels-bacher in stiff competition with the German Emperor for Munich.
With the great Dutch masters, an other Bayer made acquaintance, who was also Governor of the Netherlands in the 17th century. When buying the almost, Brugel and Rubens with he ruined. For many visitors from home and abroad are grateful to him today. You move through a treasure trove of European painting, which is further populated with donations of art lovers.
05. Laubenpieper In the shadow of the wall that divided Berlin: a garden colony named "Freedom" or rich. So this site is 70 years, so much longer than the wall stands at the West Berlin today at ease breeding tomatoes.
Located in the city to lease a piece of nature and in a garden to turn out to be your own fruit and vegetables harvesting. This has always been a recreational dream of the Germans. The construction of large housing estates and concrete residential castles has the longing after the own green Idyll still strengthened.
Sport are sociable by nature or join as a member of a Kleingarten-Association, which receives the land from the State and leased to its members. When preparing the Club festivals, each tackle with.
It was a good idea of the Dr. Daniel Schreber, when he founded the first small Garden Club in the 19th century - as compensation for factory work. Today, there are 48,000 families who are looking for relaxation and entertainment in this way alone in West Berlin.
06. catamaran sailors if you look at the anticipation. Not a sailboat called the man as much as the "HOBI cat," the surf sailing under the catamarans. Sailing-technical precision work from the first to the last second. But the fast wave ride rewards. A catamaran is the German North Sea coast. Here the double hull Renner can be ridden hard against the wind from Lake in the high speed.
A degree to sharply trimmed, and the crew is in the water. A catamaran knows no warning time for the capsizing.
Only when the "Hobie" run speed. Ride the wind slows the air traffic jam before the sail forming. Who sails the "Hobie", to be always surprises. Maybe this is the largest appeal of this unusual boat.