01. Stadt Regensburg Regensburg Cathedral from the inside with the Regensburger domspatzen at the altar. The Cathedral, outside. Swivel. Figures and statues of the Cathedral. Bridge over the Danube River. Pedestrian zone. Street painters paint. Paving stones are laid on road. Excavation of relics under Church's Foundation. Vegetable market. Smoke rises from the chimney. Grilling sausages. Eating in the open air and ship. The dome above the town, shot back.
(61 m) 02 Bonn - hosts of the Summit international flags in front of the Federal House. Group photo of Heads of State and Government of the 7 leading economic countries. Reagan, United States, Japan, Kohl, Federal Republic of Germany, Mitterrand, France, Thatcher, England, Italy, Canada. Reporters and photographers. Bonn city image. Pedestrian zone. Town Hall and market. Helicopter. Security officials at work. Protective grille are placed. Red carpet is rolled out. Politician's arrival. Press Center with journalists. Run monitors. Teletype is ticking. Message Center. Dining room for journalists. Historic restaurants with an international audience. Hotel ship as a living place for journalists. Politicians on the lawn in front of the Villa Hammerschmidt. Wagon train with "White mice".
(86 m) 03. Ethnology Museum of Berlin Berlin cityscape. The Museum of Ethnology. Valuable sculptures and objects of the world's largest ethnological collection. Massive gold pieces from Peru. Cult constructions from the South Pacific. Blind felt figures. Junior Museum for children there can fiddle around with the objects. Children play seen in the picture. (see D 288, same text)
(49 m) 04. Berlin: action clean water channel with barges. Dirty water. Wastewater treatment plant. Water fountain. Meeting of water experts in Berlin. Exchange of experience on the water. International trade fair on the collection, treatment and distribution of water. The 3rd world water supply. Sea water treatment plant in the Caribbean Sea. Purification of water according to the principle of distillation. Graph of the water balance of the Federal Republic of Germany. School class project shows the water treatment with biological elements. Oxygen enrichment of water with pump house on Lakeshore. Cleaning systems in water remove pollutants. Dirty Lake.
(70 m) 05 Jugend musiziert Daniel Gaede plays violin, mows the lawn, beat eggs into pan. Daniel, Thomas and Sebastian Gaede with small house rabbits and with homework. The brothers Gaede (violin, Viola, cello) give concert.
(60 m) 06. Hamburg: HSV - Bayern Munich 2-1 game in the people's Park Stadium. HSV striker fouls. Spectators close to half. Plessers propels the ball in its own forward and shoots 1-0 for the HSV in the 5th minute. Spectators wave flags and cheer, filling the screen. Corner of HSV and shot just over the goal. Shot on goal 2:0 in ZL. In the 2nd half powerplay of Bavaria. By Wohlfahrt flank leads to the goal 2:1 (ZL).
(56 m) 07. Frankfurt: 40 years AFN Europe headquarters (amerian forces network) Sendezeichen at home. Newscaster. Review of sw.: AFN after the war. Work in the transmitter. US-major talks about the purpose of the transmitter for American families. Original sound. Disc Jockey in the AFN House sets record. Soldiers listen to radio. Cars on Highway-listen to country music of the AFN radio recorder.
01 city of Regensburg the "Regensburger domspatzen" have carried the name of their town and the mighty Gothic Cathedral in the world.
This bridge, which today is the only undamaged medieval city of in Germany is around 850 years old.
History the inhabitants look back nearly 2000 years. Emperor Marcus Aurelius had founded in Regensburg as a base of the Roman Empire. Site of the German princes and Imperial days became important well blasted the city in the middle ages. Under the newly laid paving stones, the old Regensburg obvious tangible. Almost every excavation will be rewarded with surprising discoveries. At the Foundation of a church discovered bones, which old is estimated to be 900 years these days.
In terms of food culture and way of life, the tradition is never torn down. Everywhere where spicy smoke from short, brick fireplaces rises, a Regensburg speciality produced: the well-known sausages, which require many tourists even before the first walk through the town.
Bayrisch hearty is here, on the banks of the Danube. Why not. The stomach wants to be well stocked before they broke up to walk through the wide area of stone become art and culture around the Cathedral.
02. Bonn - host of the World Economic Summit in Bonn. The heads of State and Government of the economically strongest countries in 7 are the "family photo". A picture that went around the world. Bonn, the small town on the Rhine, a center of world politics with an army of journalists and workers was for a few days.
What had to do Bonn as host, so the Summit ran trouble-free and the world as a spectator always was?
Of course, the safety precautions. At Summit, they are unavoidable. The Bonn security password was effective but unobtrusive: said. The police stopped it and did their task easy and relaxed.
And the politicians? They were starring in a play about its performance. Dramaturgy and recording public others decided: 3500 journalists who made the politicians meeting the media event. The technical reproduction and reproduction of reality gained a new dimension at the Bonn Summit and provoked anxious questions: policy provides only the pretext so that the medium can represent yourself?
Who do not live as a journalist experienced the acting politicians, got live included in the press centers wired by the German electronics industry and hotels your image for this. On many monitors flew the pictures of the locations and actors of the Summit: they needed to be only obtained, processed and played via satellite in the news shows of the home station. Almost simultaneously with the events, major broadcasters around the world could report Summit on the Bonner.
The journalists from all over the world could not complain about lack of attention. You've been invited in the evening by the city of Bonn in historical inns - for many a finale to welcome wired electronics world after the daily Streß in their.
Draught beer was served also on the hotel ships, which was for the international journalists Armada moored on the banks of the Rhine. From here, picture cables ran to the center of the action. The technical and organisational effort at the Bonn Summit was enormous. Who wants to the many thousand helpers blame there, that they were relieved when the world is again passed by Bonn.
03. Ethnology Museum of Berlin West Berlin owes its cultural attraction its large museums. The Ethnology Museum is among the most important. It houses the largest ethnological collection of the Federal Republic. Here is the return of more than 100 years of scientific research and collecting visit; the collection is so extensive that only selected pieces are viewable in the constant change. The rowing and sailing boats, the living and cult houses from the South seas, which faithfully were rebuilt on the museum roof claim a permanent place.
Foreign cultures, felt with your hand: the Berlin Ethnologist were the first museum people in Germany, which established a Department for the blind.
For children, a junior Museum was opened. Here are allowed and should they deal with equipment, musical instruments and other objects, to the foreign culture closer to practical use. A pedagogical objective, which coincides with the Mission of the Museum: Understanding to wake up for the value and the uniqueness of other cultures.
04. action clean water life is not possible without water. And yet we went to long time negligence with this valuable raw material, particularly in the industrialized countries. No one knows how the pollution of rivers, lakes and groundwater in the long term is - affect pollution from industry and households on human health and our biological environment. The construction of new, costly sewage treatment plants is evidence of the fact that the risk has been detected. We need to ensure the supply of people all over the world with clean water.
In Berlin, about 3,000 experts from 29 countries for an exchange of experience on all aspects of water management met in recent weeks. Main topics of the discussion, which was accompanied by an international trade fair, were the mining, the concentration and distribution of water. An exhibition priority was the water supply of the third world. Here are mainly German firms that have developed new technologies for disadvantaged regions. For example sea-water treatment plants.
This plant in the Caribbean Sea, the elsewhere built facilities operate on the principle of distillation. The seawater is heated in steam boilers and absorbed the salt-free condensate in vessels. This plant supplies the island with fresh water.
In the Federal Republic of Germany although no water scarcity, but many lakes and rivers are highly polluted. At the Berlin fair, two classes with biological experiments showed how to improve water protection. An invitation for visitors to think with and get involved. Some method for the recovery of sick waters is already beyond the model stage. About the oxygenation. It is successfully applied in several German Lakes and rivers.
A pump house on the shores of the Lake supplies the oxygen. Compressors compress the air and push it through pipes to the ventilation unit on the lake bottom. Combined with cleaning systems that remove phosphate from water to example the pollutant, this system is again to regenerate the many poisoned waters in the world.
05. Jugend musiziert Daniel Gaede, one of three musically talented brothers, who live with their family on the outskirts of Hamburg and who are now facing the question, whether they want to devote their lives to music. In their hobbies and intellectual interests they are different like other brothers also. They have a rabbit as a Plushie and - their award-winning musicality. Daniel, Thomas and Sebastian won German and international competitions as soloists and in the trio and give concerts regularly.
Since their fourth year of life, the brothers make music. Her talent will still mature, do the parents, and leave it to time, what happens once their sons.
06. Bundesliga: HSV - Bayern Munich two becoming the Football League met in the Hamburger people spark Stadium: FC Bayern - in the red dress - and Hamburger SV. The team from Munich was championship candidate, for they dealt with important points in the fight for the title. Before his home crowd, HSV, without title chances, wanted to show that he is still good enough to beat a future master. Plessers surprised the Bavarian goalie with a long shot in the fifth minute.
The quick goal stimulates the HSV and his fans. Hamburg put pressure and always new goal chances.
0: 2 after only 20 minutes: the master candidate is devastated.
A transformed Bavaria Elf on the field comes after half-time. Bedingungloser attack now is their motto, the HSV is forced on the defensive.
The HSV staggers in the power-play of Munich, which now play its conditional and technical superiority.
50th minute: a sharp low shot from welfare. Goalkeeper stone may not be able to hold the ball, an HSV - and Bayern player get the rest together. But more goals not create the Bavarians. The HSV was better than the master Elf from Munich that day.
Persons in the Film
Kohl, Hannelore ; Reagan, Ronald ; Gaede, Sebastian ; Mitterand, Francois ; Thatcher, Margaret ; Plessers ; Wohlfahrt, Waldemar
Berlin ; Bonn ; Frankfurt ; Hamburg ; Regensburg
Regensburg ; Völkerkundemuseum ; Jugend musiziert (Wettbewerb) ; Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Federal ; Bundeswehr ; Flags ; Television ; Football ; Pedestrian ; Musical events ; News, communications ; Political events ; Police ; Radio, television ; Sports details, fouls ; sports audience, sports spectator ; Townscapes: Germany ; environmental protection, pollution ; Buildings ; automotive engineering, automotive ; Art ; Transport: General ; Water ; civil service ; Archaeology ; Exhibitions ; construction ; Crew ; Gastronomy ; Wirtschaft (Arbeitgeber; Arbeitnehmer; Arbeitskampf; usw. s. Synonyme) ; 01 16 mm project ; 10 finding book Germany mirror
Translated by Microsoft Translator