01 Düsseldorf-Igedo fashion trade fair before large poster do 150 mannequins in long series. Mannequins in groups on a wide catwalk in front and back. Long wide coats and jackets. Close long slit skirts. Broad shoulders in jackets. Leisure look. Charming audiences large. A short tight skirt. Summer costumes.
(47 m) 02 media city of Mainz in helicopter Mayor Jockel Fuchs at the flight over the city. Johannes Gutenberg monument, his workshop and old printing press and prints. Rotary printing of the Mainzer Allgemeine Zeitung. Jockel Fuchs in helicopters. Southwest radio regional studios. Flight over the broadcasting of the second German television. Studios of TV channel ZDF with audience. Broadcasting centre of 3 SAT and SAT 1 aerial view of the mouth of the main into the Rhine.
(56 m) 03 Düsseldorf: aid for Afghan refugees from taking on 10 Afghan children with war injuries rise the Düsseldorf Airport. The Diakonie hospital Dusseldorf Kaiserswerth. In bed, boy with large shrapnel scar is located on the thighs. The 13-year-old Djanata sits in a wheelchair. She is paralyzed after a shot in the chest. It can a little legs move. The bed is an age of 13 boy Ismail, which was demolished in a leg and an arm through mine. He is walking on crutches. The 4-year-old Saba rah can hardly see eye light was destroyed by napalm bombs.
Professor of Voss interview: "we assume that may be a vision can be achieved by one-fiftieth of a normal person. Of course, this is a speculative number. But we hope that Saba rah can then distinguish light and dark and see also schemas. "We want to wait for still the miracle cure on her leg, then we want only one eye, then the other to operate."
Doll and stuffed animals on the bed. Translations in Visual language to communicate. Boy is driven on carrying on the operation. Boy goes up stairs with prostheses. Boy with burns on his face. Children playing in the apartment of a doctor after outpatient treatment.
(80 m) 04. The Deutsche Museum in Munich exhibits of natural science and technology in the Deutsches Museum in Munich. Aircraft models in the course of time. From Zeppelin to the satellite. The work table of the chemist Otto Hahn, who discovered the nuclear fission. Records. File box. In cellar Depot collectibles and musical instruments, who found no room in the Museum. Valuable items are selected for exhibition in a new space. Globes, old cars, the 1st safety car from Daimler Benz, Horch. (see D 284/6, your own text)
(43 m) 05. camp Friedland is a train station Friedland. Returnees get off the train and go to the camp of Friedland. Disbursement of money and registration. Entering a room. Output of clothing. The Liberty Bell is now a monument.
Sw review: ringing of the Liberty Bell. Refugees at registration. Food. 500,000 German prisoners of war return home from Russia. Adenauer speaking in Friedland. Monument dedicated to the returnees.
(61 m) 06. sail Bremerhaven Golden wife at bow by windjammer. 260 sailing ships take part in tall ships parade. Balloon flying in the sky. Parade of the crews through Bremerhaven. Shield of the vessel tagged anticipates will: Libertad - Jolie Brise - Sir Winston Churchill - Richard von Weizsäcker, big, speaks to the crew interview: "the crews are available at this festival in the Center. Each of you is essential. In the community each on each must rely."
Schiffer piano player. Sailor choir sings "Yes we are guys" Weizsäcker and wife, great. Exit the windjammer. Vintage airplanes in the air. Spectators at the wharf.
(96 m) 07. US: why is the teddy bear - the teddy-bear - Steiff teddy bears, hares, storks. Small house in the southern German city in which Margarete Steiff (image over 100 years ago) sewed small stuffed animals. Picture her nephew Richard Steiff, who in 1903 made the 1st bear made of mohair. Plush animals decorated the feast at the U.S. President Teddy Roosevelt (image). So, after him, the bears hot Teddy. The Steiff farms. Production of donkey, giraffe, pig, polar bear, Teddy bear. Packaging of Steiff animals after the United States. Button is fastened in the ear. There are animals from 8 decades in the company's Museum.
01 IGEDO fashion fair Düsseldorf of 150th date of the international fashion world in Düsseldorf. Europe's largest fashion fair Igedo, trade buyers decide success or failure of the women's collections of manufacturers from many Lähdern. The great Cemeinschaftsschau allows overview and comparison. The clothing industry is an asset in economy of the Federal Republic of Germany. 190,000 employees in 2,500 companies make sales of 27 billion marks. You prcduzieren portable made in sound quality. Not the extravagant model dresses for stars and Celdadel can be found here; Everyone can afford Igedo fashion. The fashion "Made in Germany", here twice year presented ira, is an export hit: about half of the production clothes women outside of Germany.
02. Media City of Mainz by helicopter takes US Mayor Jockel Fuchs at that place in the middle of the city of Mainz, where some 60 years before the discovery of America began a worldwide revolution: Johannes Gutenberg invented the printing nit movable type. Since then the media - from the Gutenberg Bible no longer let go of Mainz to the satellite TV -. Here the "Mainzer Allgemeine" is printed. It is one of those German regional newspapers, which reach almost every household in its territories in the subscription - Jockel Fuchs is first citizens of a town with two radio and three television channels, rocht unusual for barely 200,000 inhabitants.
The Southwest Radio produces radio and Fernsehprogranme in Mainz for the region and contribute to the national ARD television. High above the town the new broadcast Center in the largest television broadcaster on the continent. Mainz is the seat of the second German television ZDF. Every day millions of Germans see what is produced in these modern studios. The man who whose Medien added changed the world, Johannes Gutenberg would have his joy to his successors, who brought all the way forward, even in the so-called new media Mainz: the international satellite program 3 has SAT here his broadcasting centre - and also SAT 1, the first private German television Mainz has elected to his seat. There, below, where the main into the Rhine River, people in a city live together for over two thousand years. Moguntia Mainz became the seat of the archbishops and Imperial diets - and a city of modern media, from the Roman Fortress.
03. help for Afghan refugee children Düsseldorf Airport. Arrival of Sonderflugzeuges. Ten children from Afghanistan, seriously injured and mutilated by Soviet bombs and grenades on the way to the medical treatment in the Diakonie hospital Düsseldorf-Kaiserswerth. It is already the second group of veteran children takes Professor of Voss. This boy is drawn from grenade splinters. Multiple operations to heal the worst damage. The thirteen-Djanata was shot by a crew soldier in the chest. While the spinal cord was hit. She remained paralyzed. After half a year in Germany and a Rückegrat operation, you can again move their legs. But she seems tired and infinitely sad. The left arm and right leg were demolished in the thirteen-year ice. He had touched a getrarnte as a toy mine as they throw off the Soviets in Afghanistan in the fight against children by helicopters. Napalm bombs have blinded almost the four-year-old Saba RAH. The stuffed animals to the Petting, a few phrases with translation in imagery for a minimum of understanding - and much dedication to doctors and nurses. The way to the operation. Far away from home, the parents dead - who knows the fear of these children? Gul Zaman is going with a movable denture - doctors can not give back his leg torn off by a Soviet toy mine. More children from Afghanistan live in the apartment of a doctor. You will be treated as an outpatient. In the refugee camps in Pakistan, there are about 30,000 severely kriegsverletzte children without adequate medical care.
04. why he is called the Teddy Teddy this is the history of the teddy bear - and all the other soft toys for children and adults. This is where everything started, more than a century ago in a small town in southern Germany.
Margarete Steiff, that names bear million stuffed animals, begins with small elephant made of felt. In 1903, her nephew Richard Steiff creating a breakthrough with the first mohair bear. Shortly thereafter, a pair of plush animals decorate a feast at the former U.S. President Toddy Roosevelt. For over 80 years, the bears named Teddy, because the passionate bear Hunter, Roosevelt loved it so spontaneously by the plush Minis.
The production is done so carefully wis to Roosevelt's time, even if the range includes no longer only bears. The production of cuddly animals for children worldwide - rabbits, polar bears, monkeys, giraffes, elephants, Lions and many others rests not einnal during the two world wars. The button in the left ear is the hallmark of the Steiff animals from Germany since 1904. What is packaged, is in the United States, where Teddy Roosevelt established the triumph of the scraggly game bears. In the company's own Museum: Teddy's from 8 decades, including many out of print and therefore expensive collectibles.
05. 40 years bearing Friedland who in the small North German town of Friedland from the train increases, often comes from another world, out of communism. They are mostly Germans, who for many years were prevented to leave as the Soviet Union, Poland and Romania. In the transit camp of Friedland begins her new life in the free part of Germany. Money for the launch. If you come from the East, brings nothing except the few that he can carry.
The clothing, like to assume many of the newcomers ' comes from donations. The camp has quietly - and the famous Liberty Bell is now a monument. This was different in the first years after the war. The Bell every day showed hundreds of refugees that they had succeeded. Most were on foot running from the Communists, who had seized power in the Soviet-occupied part of Germany. Despite the emergency: Friedland was a gateway to freedom of 40 years ago. And that was the high point in the history of the camp: 1955 come 500,000 of German prisoners of war from the Soviet Union. The first Chancellor Konrad Adenauer, who got their freedom in Moscow, welcomed the returnees with a promise to help them find their way in the new conditions. A monument commemorates the returnees from that time. Today, families often come with children, Germans who want to make a new start in their compatriots in Germany. Two or three days they spend in Friedland, then begins a new stage of life.
06. Sail Bremerhaven a great festival for the German North Sea coast. The Quays of the Bremerhaven attract tens of thousands of visitors. After arriving here 260 sailing ships from around the world to participate in the largest windjammer parade in Europe: the sail Bremerhaven. Organizer is the international sail training Association, which promotes the seaman training on sailing ships. Parade of ship crews. Imagine 5,600 sailors from 18 Nations, accompanied by the applause of enthusiastic spectators. There is also the German head of State among the half million visitors. Federal President von Weizsäcker speaks to the sailors. A sailor chorus ensures the right mood when then run the proud tall ships parade on the lower Weser. Viewers of close and remote experience a rare classic car show in the air in between. None younger than fifty years, fly historic aircraft in formation on the parade route of the Segelschffe. Their crews Meanwhile make heavy lifting because the first favorable wind from West has turned to the North, coming almost from the beginning. In the narrow mouth of the river is now the whole ensuing may, wants to stay on course. In the wake of the great: small hundreds, that wish to be easy here. For the tall ships is about more: sail Bremerhaven is part of a global race to which it applies to make points. Now, it continues towards Norway, the next station of the swift rally. Ahoy Bremerhaven, there were three wonderful days.
Persons in the Film
Adenauer, Konrad ; Weizsäcker von, Richard ; Fuchs, Jockel ; Gutenberg, Johann ; Roosevelt, Teddy ; Steiff, Margarete ; Voss von
Bremerhaven ; Düsseldorf ; Friedland ; Mainz ; Munich ; Black Forest ; Sylt
Bremerhaven ; Segelschiff ; Mainz ; Stofftier ; Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Monuments ; Returnees, evacuees, Outlander ; Television ; Refugees ; Musical events ; News, communications ; Aerospace ; Reviews ; Radio, television ; Shipping ; Sailing ; Toys, toys ; Townscapes: Germany ; Surfing ; Buildings ; Medicine ; People ; veterinary medicine ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Fashion ; aerial photographs ; Exhibitions ; Flüchtlingslager ; 01 16 mm project ; Surfing ; 10 finding book Germany mirror
Translated by Microsoft Translator