01 Government confirmed - the new Government of CDU Assembly in the Adenauerhaus in the election night. Writing on wall of next to Germany future instead of red-green. CDU supporters before monitors. Heiner Geisler on arrival. Reporters and photographers Helmut Kohl umdrängen Hannelore Kohl, next to him.
Helmut Kohl quote: "In principle Yes the two blocks in this election are gone. On the one hand of the Regierungsslager CDU/CSU and FDP, and on the other side of the camp of the opposition, the Greens and the SPD. In the blocks, a lot has been moved. That certainly has. reasons that one must analyze carefully"
Animated graphic of the distribution of seats in the Bundestag. FDP politician Martin Bangemann, Mischnik, Graf Lambsdorf, Genscher, with happy faces, because to share of the vote increased. Coalition talks with Strauss, group spokesman, Stoltenberg, Blüm, great. Journalists wait before the Chancellor's Office. Helmut Kohl, large, in addition to Heiner Geisler.
(59 m) 02. leather city Offenbach gate mesh open front Castle. Cityscape with main. Modern town hall with Mobilee as art in construction. Tram runs. 2 pedestrians under umbrella. Business Street. Color cast of the leather trade in the leather Museum. Old tool, equipment, fashions, handbags, leather pants, book cover. Fashion show at leather show with costumes, handbags, shoes and jackets. Exhibitors and buyers at the fair. India and Argentina as an exhibitor. Trade fair visitors.
(55 m) 03. The Yellow Angel: ADAC is waiting for young woman with roadside assistance emergency lane of the motorway. Yellow ADAC road patrol drives. ADAC headquarters will accept calls. Messages are routed and sent racing car on the radio. Say by actuality. Helper in ADAC road patrol cars drive at breakdown point. Motorway breakdown. Young woman welcomed volunteers. Radiator is folded up, found a bug. Continue.
(59 m) 04 Red hamlet fools jump city. Fools parade through the streets. Children in mask costumes in the train image filling. Whips men jump with masks. Men in historic face masks and costumes-hopping on the train. Marching band. Clamps men jumping move. Masks with sticks annoy the audience. Views of Empire by stretched screens of viewers in snow flurries. (see D 197/1, your own text)
(43 m) 05. 100th anniversary of Mies van der Rohe balloon Aachen Cathedral with the Palatine Chapel of Charlemagne. Photo Mies van der Rohe, who was born in Aachen, Germany. House designs in the model by Mies van der Rohe. Furniture designs. Free-swinging tubular steel chairs. Commemorative exhibition for him Encl. the 100th anniversary in Aachen and Berlin. The National Gallery created by him in Berlin.
(35 m) 06. Berlin: German Institute for standardisation young woman sets stationery in envelope that does not fit. Do not fit the video cassette recorder. Bumpers on cars, differ highly attached, Miss their purpose. Standardization must be. Institute for standardization in Berlin. Large file with DIN sheets describe the standard. DIN No. 1 for taper pins at machine 1917 drawings be made on drawing board. International meeting due to a uniform standard. Road signs, pictograms, which overcome any language barriers by image. Color standardization on the example of Orange and banana. Library and information. Nuts bolts and threaded to fit. Light bulb must fit into version, film cartridge in the camera, audio cassette radio and letter in envelope.
(64 m) 07 Bremerhaven: International powerboat racing Grand Prix of Germany start clock. Race of inflatable boats with outboard engine against the backdrop of large overseas ships. Speed boats are maintained. Engine is started. Inserting the boats with engine running. Race the wider motor boats of the middle class "Flounder", lying controlled. Turning to red buoy. Riders paddle back after failure of engine to the Bank. Audience. Race the boats of the heaviest class. Driver control in a sitting position. Turn. Strong headwinds caused the race Committee to cancel the race after the heats.
(54 m) 08 US: Castle Hotel Weitenburg in the Black Forest of the historic Schloß Weitenburg. Cosy Interior. Kitchen. 2 young Americans as guests. Toast with red wine front window against the evening sun. Man sings with historical costume with hurdy gurdy. Food is served. Dialogue of the American guests at music. Champagne bucket. Guests in their rooms. Looking out the window. Young American and Americans have breakfast in your room. Ride with horse-drawn carriage from Castle Hotel.
01 Government confirmed the elections brought a clear result to the 11th Bundestag in January 1987 for the Germans: the previous Government coalition CDU/CSU and the FDP was bestätict! Although the CDU and its Bavarian sister CSU had to accept Stimmeneverluste. With 44%, they nonetheless remain the by far the strongest political force. The old and new Chancellor in the election night: "In principle Yes the two blocks in this election are gone. On the one hand the Government camp of CDU/CSU and FDP, and on the other side of the camp of the opposition, the Greens and the SPD. In the blocks, a lot has been moved. "That certainly has ' reasons, one must analyse very carefully."
The opposition parties SPD and the Greens could not reach desired change of power. It remained at a stable majority of CDU/CSU and FDP by about 53%. The SPD lost even to voices and is now at 37%. A special feature of the election results: While the major parties had to ruffle feathers, small won added. Special you saw happy faces at the Liberals of the FDP, which is increased by 2% to 9%. A few days after the election were the representatives of the governing parties confirmed by the voters. The new coalition is indeed identical to the old, but the goals for future work of the Government is still some time wrestled, hard but fair, as all politicians. Especially the journalists are curious about the outcome of the negotiations. Prior to the Federal Chancellor's Office they are waiting for details about the formation of the Government. And it will probably still some time. One thing is certain however: Prime Minister and Chancellor remains Helmut Kohl - and thus the continuity of German policy.
02. Leather city of Offenbach the city of Offenbach, in the neighbourhood of Frankfurt and also on the main located, seems at first glance to be like many others also in Germany a city: an old Castle, a new town hall and busy streets with many shops. However, Offenbach is... something very special... Offenbach is the world center of leather fashion, without exaggeration! Testimonies of the craftsmanship of the "bags" are exhibited in the single leather Museum in the world. You with those bags and suitcases of each way in the respective fashion style were made in ancient times, especially for the ladies will find jobs and equipment. Surviving handbags from the late Middle Ages to fin de siècle give the leather industry has long since become the industry still fashionable ideas.
Because: With leather bags are prospering in Offenbach until today. The tradition is not an end in itself, but rather gives the Offenbach a "know how", this leather city ensures its reputation in the future. Whether Blue-Jean bags or suitcases in many variations: what can be manufactured from leather, there is to see - it in Offenbach and buy! Leather clothing is trendy. The annual leather exhibition can easily reach more than 8,000 buyers thanks to the vicinity of Frankfurt airport. The number of foreigners has increased steadily among the exhibitors from 22 countries. In addition to Italy, India and Argentina were the largest competition this time. And all showed their most beautiful creations!
03. guest in the German castle guests from America love the German "coziness", quite especially but also the "good old days". What is more natural than to combine one with the other? For visitors from the new world hotel in old castles are more and more. As long as they understand, to connect the "romantic", they can encourage tourism from the United States to a Germany trip with success with comfort and luxury. Mister and misses Anderson visited the Schloß Weitenburg in the black forest.
"Salted Schweisknopfbekkle on Schnittlochvinägrette! It's easy for you to say to.- and for the second course? For the second course: spinach cream soup with strips of trout. HM, trout strips? Spicy Ossenschweif with - UM - Kartoffelgratihn and - he read - a must! (laughing) "And for the dessert we have... it all off with another unpronouncable word: figs - beiknäts on red Sabajonn!"
The enjoyable jargon made joy the guests from America. They are as legal as some Germans who want to be perfect in foreign languages. Our guests from the United States, however, understand to make fun and enjoy. Visits to Castle hotels are in any case, with guests from America of growing in popularity and the German hotel owners have built up on it.
04 the fools fall in February Rottweiler fools jump over the silent black forest villages in southwest of Germany. Modern times or no: in Rottweil, in any case, all residents like delight since ancient times the great bustle of fools in the streets can be.
The "Rottweiler fools crack" belongs not only to the oldest, but also the molds and most colourful Carnival customs in South Germany. For more than 800 years, the demons of winter are sold with noise and banging and fantastic masks. The elaborate masks are carved by hand from wood and gebosselt. Despite their high price, they are asking more and more as a souvenir for tourists. The original purpose of masks and costumes, the reference to winter demons and Devil has blurred long ago. But the joy of Nekken, transform and play on the eve of the Christian Lenten season has remained. Stupid driving in Rottweil increasingly attracts visitors from Germany and abroad. The fool and the hosts are very satisfied.
05. Mies van der Rohe of the DOM in Aachen with the Palatine Chapel of Charlemagne in the 9th century is the oldest masterpiece of architecture on German soil. The dome divided into clear geometric forms shaped the consciousness of one of the most important architect of our century. Mies van der Rohe, who was born 100 years ago in Aachen. Mies van der Rohe died 1969. Like no other, he has influenced the architecture of our times, first in Germany, and after the emigration in 1938 in the United States. True, he designed the ideas of the "Bauhaus" in detail, even furniture. Its free-floating tubular steel chairs are all expressions of our time in form and material. Two exhibitions in his native city of Aachen is dedicated to the commemoration of Mies van der Rohe and in Berlin. The National Gallery is created after the destruction of the war in Berlin is the most beautiful testimony of this master in his home country.
06. German Institute for standardisation what use are the most beautiful stationery, if it does not fit into the envelope? NA - and only with video cassettes... can man his anger have! So many different types and sizes are on the market, but only one really fits into the player at home! Bumpers completely miss their meaning if they are different. Standardization must therefore be. For Germany, the "German Institute for Standardization" in Berlin in wakes that everything fits together beautifully. The uniform standards, known as DIN, are the result of long discussions and intensive research. Hundreds of thousands of 'DIN sheets' describe each item accurately. The DIN number 1 was awarded in 1917 for taper pins on a printing machine. As long as there is the Institute. Everything in drawings is set to fractions of a millimetre exactly.
The Institute maintains relations to the world in the East and West today, because questions of uniform standards exceed all limits. Otherwise, no international cooperation would work - and global trade. Everywhere, the pictograms, which manufactured according to DIN standards, overcome jedeSprachgrenze and be used in almost all the peoples of the world are understandable in the world now. Colors are standardized. So you can communicate easily, what color is exactly a certain orange - or even a banana. An extensive library and a credit agency equipped with State of the art office technology give notice, that something the standard corresponds to and is accepted by the world trade quickly and unbureaucratically. The nuts must fit finally anywhere on the correct thread. Only the standardization it is thanks to that are generally... no more thoughts must make the bulb into the lamp or the film cassette into the corresponding camera fits or the audio tape in the radio recorder... or even the letter in the envelope.
07. powerboat race Bremerhaven at the international powerboat racing Grand Prix of Germany in Bremerhaven, blew the audience hard wind around the nose. Set against the backdrop of large overseas vessels on the river Weser, the driver of which boats small hose were shaken to the bone. Only thanks to their powerful outboard engines from international production, the "rubber boats" could hold. The actual racing boats, constructed of durable fiberglass, were waited till the last minute - and of course also the special racing engines from German manufacturing, piece by piece on maximum power trimmed. The "insertion" of boats running Motors is a feat in itself. This middle class "Flounder" are called because of their oversize width. The wide to prevent capsizing when cornering. To get a low centre of gravity and possible flat boats, the riders in this class in the concern must control. Who fails the engine, which must reach the shore paddling by hand. The big engines in the heaviest boat class are so high that the rider can sit upright. At speeds of more than 100 kilometers per hour, the strong headwind was always dangerous and threatened to topple the boats. The betting catenary Finally, decided to cancel the race after the heats - and there were neither winners nor losers this time.
Persons in the Film
Kohl, Hannelore ; Mischnik, Wolfgang ; Stoltenberg, Gerhard ; Strauß, Franz Josef ; Bangemann, Martin ; Blüm, Norbert ; Geissler, Heiner ; Genscher, Hans Dietrich ; Lambsdorff von ; Rohe van der, Mies
Aachen ; Berlin ; Bonn ; Bremerhaven ; Jagdschloss Schachen ; Offenbach ; Rottweil ; Rüdesheim ; Black Forest
Bremerhaven ; ADAC ; Fastnacht ; Bundestagswahl ; Offenbach am Main ; Policy ; Sachindex Wochenschauen ; gambling ; Hobby ; Carnival ; Carnival ; Leisure, recreation ; Pedestrian ; motor boat race ; Musical events ; Political events ; sports audience, sports spectator ; Townscapes: Germany ; Technology ; Buildings ; Holiday ; Transport: General ; Elections ; Fashion ; aerial photographs ; Exhibitions ; Gastronomy ; Anniversaries, Jubilees, birthdays ; Normvorgabe ; 01 16 mm project ; Technology ; 10 finding book Germany mirror
Translated by Microsoft Translator