01 100 years vinyl record is placed on turntable. Noise when playing from the beginning of the record. Photo of Emil Berliner, inventor of the LP record. Player operated with hand (Gramophone). 1889 Foundation of the 1st plate factory in Europe - Deutsche Grammophon - trademark: dog trumpet. Various devices and plates in the development. 1916: 1 coin unit. From coin-operated device in motion sets. Artful Gramophone funnel. 1948: shellac disc is replaced with vinyl records. Plate presses. New compact disc. Manufacturing. Transparent blank is coated with aluminum. Laser beam scans optically. The highest sound quality.
(59 m) 02. Munich: last voyage of the Rettungskreuzer Theodor Heuss of emergence Theodor Heuss at sea. Radar, great. Man looks through binoculars. The Theodor Heuss in Nuremberg on crane loading on heavy load transporters. Schwersttransport on country roads to Munich. Onlookers. After 5 days (2 hours car route) arrival in Munich at stand square in front of the Deutsches Museum.
(46 m) 03 Bonn: resignation of Willy Brandt SPD Party Congress on the 14 6 1987 Willy Brandt on the lectern. Delegates clap.
Sw review: 1957 - 1966 Willy Brandt Mayor of Berlin. In Berlin with Adenauer. Visit to the United States. John F. Kennedy in Berlin. 1964 Chairman, 1966 swearing-in as Chancellor.
Color: Brandt visited Poland and kneel before the Memorial to the victims of the Nazi regime. 1971 award of the Nobel Peace Prize. Meet Willy Brandt - Willi Stoph in Erfurt. Jubilation. Farewell to Willy Brandt in SPD Party Congress o-ton: "Please take my best regards home and the places of your activity. I wish you good."
Close-up of Helmut Schmidt. Ovation. Handshake with Jochen Vogel. Brandt in addition to Johannes Rau and Oskar Lafontaine.
(72 m) 04 Kassel: Documenta 8 Museum. Paper rolls at wall. Columned walkways. Anna Oppermann: quantities messed up post and greeting cards. Towers. Harp. Joseph Beuys: Space which is the cold tends to - last work. Robert Longo: Grotesque bronze figure. Skulls side by side. Stainless steel walls next to each other in the open air. A series of guillotines, behind classical Pavilion. Klaus Kunro, Hamburg, working in his Studio.
(82 m) 05. bad Wildungen: rehabilitation for Queschnittsgelähmte rescue helicopter lands on the roof of the Werner Wicker Klinik. Sickroom in the special hospital for paraplegia. Doctors at bedside. Patients in beds on the belly lying at specific krankengymnastischen exercises. Retractable wheelchair enables Illustrator working on drawing board. Disabled persons in training kitchen learn routines of everyday life: cucumber cutting, stirring. Physiotherapy in wheelchairs and on crutches. Sports therapy: archery in a wheelchair. The wheelchair basketball game. Swimming and basketball in the water. Moving from wheelchair to car.
(54 m) 06. Berlin celebrates - material regional image Office Berlin Signet 750 years of Berlin. Moving the organ men. Children draw and play in the mud. Clowns. Horse drives. Tempelhof airport. Old and new aircraft are seen. Crowds before a raisin bombers of the air bridge. Boys get in the helicopter. Water parade excursion steamers and barges with water cars. Grand gondolas in Venice. Water parade at night. Colorful lighting and Fireworks.
(62 m) 07 US a PAN am pilot in Berlin airport Tegel. PAN AM aircraft rolls out. British Airways after landing. TWA. Waving air franc air. Pilot in cockpit. Clipper Berlin. US pilot gets out and actuality (English) discusses his new home in Berlin. Pilot logs off in operationroom. Driving through the city in his car. At home, he greets his wife. His two daughters, Britta and Erika. The family table in the garden. Walk with the daughters.
01 100 years is a birthday to celebrate vinyl record - the record is 100 years old. And to do this we hear a song with original noise from the early days of the phonogram. The first disc consisted of zinc. She has invented Berlin - and also this playback device that logged in Berlin under the name of "Gramophone" in Washington to the patent of German-Americans Emil.
in 1889, he founded the first plate factory in Europe. The Deutsche Grammophon Gesellschaft. Further development took place in leaps and music from the record of shellac was more and more the atmospheric liörererlebnis. This coin device, the first predecessor of the now so popular music box comes from 1916. The gramophone funnel then became the popular object of decorative design.
Replaced the shellac disc wurde_1948 of the vinyl record. Heated from 130 g of granules of 180 Grand, a long-playing record is created in a few seconds. Up to 10,000 plates can be pressed by a nickel matrix. Since a few years, the compact disc on the market. The transparent disc is coated with aluminum. This reflective coating allows a laser beam to scan the information visually. By the way - the 100th anniversary of the birth of the CD is celebrated in the year 2083.
02. the "Theodore Heuß" joined the Seenotrettungskreuzer "Theodore Heuß", named the last ride after 30 years of service at sea and 30 years of service for people after the first Federal President, his last trip. Deep inland, in Nuremberg, he was hoisted permanently from the wet element. Until then, it had gone over rivers and canals on its keel. But he could reach his destination on the last stage just over land.
The German society for the rescue of shipwrecked is an autonomous and independent company. It was founded 122 years ago through private donations and gained recognition throughout the world. Her oldest lifeboat needed now to land 5 days and nights at a stretch, for which a motorist needs otherwise two hours.
Many onlookers watched the difficult maneuvers, until finally the "Theodore Heuß" was placed on their last anchor place: front of the Deutsches Museum in Munich! The "German society for the rescue of shipwrecked" was presented to the Museum as a technical monument the decommissioned cruiser. A worthy monument certainly, because in his 30 years of service has rescued emergence 2,500 shipwrecked this alone.
03. review Brandt a memorable moment in the life of Willy Brandt. After 24 years, he resigned as leader of the Social Democratic Party of Germany. The 73jährige was adopted by the delegates at the Party Congress in Bonn. Brandt was Mayor of Berlin ensure that the bindings of the divided city to the Federal Republic have been deepened since 1957 to 1966. Visits to the United States strengthened the friendship with the protecting power. His Berlin tenure culminated in the visit of President John F. Kennedy, who underlined the importance of the city for the free world in 1963.
Since 1964 was SPD Chairman Brandt. After three years as Vice Chancellor and Minister of Foreign Affairs, he was elected in 1969 to the Chancellor. The normalization is one of the acting up to date achievements of Chancellor Brandt with the East. The Treaty of Moscow folgte_1970 the agreement with Warsaw.
The spontaneous genuflection of the Chancellor in commemoration of the victims of national socialism moved the minds of men, not only in Poland and Germany. in 1971, Brandt received the Nobel Peace Prize. Human relief it was Brandt at the meeting with East German Prime Minister Willy Stoph in Kassel and Erfurt. Thousands of GDR made their feelings began chanting air. They felt deeply, how much he had entered for the easing of East-West. An espionage affair führte_1974 to his resignation as Chancellor. Now he abandoned the party chairmanship, not light heart.
"My best regards please take home and the places of your activity. I wish you"good.
Willy Brandt will be still politically active. As Chairman of the North-South Commission of the Socialist parties of Europe he will seek further understanding between the industrialized countries and the Nations of the third world.
04. documenta 8 Documenta - world exhibition of the artistic avant-garde in Kassel. For 100 days, the equally ambitious as controversial show has opened its doors. You makes it clear: objects and staged rooms have pressed the Panel painting, the two-dimensional art in the background. The Museum becomes a place of imaginative arrangements. The German Anna Oppermann served for the relics of everyday life.
in 1987, neither style nor forced to material - there is and the borders between creativity and vagueness are currently flying. Who is in Kassel is one of the trendsetters of modern art. In the main floor: The last great work of the German romantic artist of Josef Beuys. With his "lightning with light on deer", he wanted to create a room, leans to the cold. "All your zombies" - grotesque bronze sculpture of the American artist Robert Longo, a Superman from our darkest dreams of power; and right next to it: his "love machines".
"Vittoria del sole", victory of the Sun, by the German Gerhard Merz. Solemnity with skulls as an expression of a deep skepticism of the avant-garde. The documenta 8 artists took possession of the city. Richard Serra confronted passers-by with stainless steel walls - and the Scot Finlay directs our attention through four Guillotines on a neo-classical Pavilion.
The implementation of ungezügleter fantasy in a floating construction has suggests, many visitors; it comes from the recent Documenta Teilmehmer, the 28 Hamburg Klaus Kumrow. A laborious way - and yet at the same time the creative process that satisfies him to reshape his sprawling mind games into tangible objects, is for him. Kumrows objects contradict the usual view of reality; to find this unusual, the way is worth to Kassel Documenta 8.
05. all necessary preparations are made in the walls-Wicker Klinik in bad Wildungen help for paraplegia if the rescue helicopter approaching. In this most modern German clinic for paraplegia, we know from practice that it is in some cases to minutes. The art of the surgeon can do much today. But the hardest work is abandoned the patient: he must handle the blow and on a new, reduced life prepare yourself - a life of severe disability in the midst of a world of healthy.
This helps a diverse graduated rehabilitation program. At the end is the goal that is still more wish than reality: the rehabilitation of spinal cord injuries in his family, in society, in the profession. New tools have been developed in recent years. About this retractable wheelchair, with for example a help artist can again ausübern his profession. In Germany, all establishments which have at least 16 employees are required by law to hold 6 percent of their jobs for the handicapped. The sports therapy aims not only to strengthen certain muscle groups, but helps to restore damaged self-esteem of the disabled and to give him new courage to face life with little success. Currently 15,000 paraplegia live in the Federal Republic. Each year, about 1,000 will be added. Most had a traffic or industrial accident, some crashing at the sport. It can happen to anyone. Therefore, these disabled people deserve the support of all, so that they can find in a meaningful life as far as possible again.
06. Berlin celebrates a world meeting of organ men on the city's anniversary! That was all the way to the heart of Berlin, for organ men are since ever and each city originals. The Berlin wanted to celebrate also yourself in A.d. of the 750th town anniversary undisturbed state visits and major exhibitions. The city had taken precautions wisely. For children and adults throughout the whole city "what was happening"! Jugglers and clowns were engaged, ancient tram cars drove through the new boulevards. But not only streets and squares were meeting places to celebrate, even the old Tempelhof airport offered widely. Because since the opening of the new airport in Berlin-Tegel is only little operation. Young and old alike took the opportunity to examine old and new aircraft at close range. Because curiosity is a trait of the Berlin. He wants to know everything exactly and where there are crowds, it is always best for him.
Crowds on the banks and on the wide open water spaces in Berlin. A water parade was announced. -Even cars drove with floating cars of course, years ago in Berlin produced. However, guests from Italy, from Venice offered the most beautiful. With a dozen ceremonial gondolas, they had come to Berlin - and with their spirited Gondoliers! The water convoy pulled into the evening hours.
Persons in the Film
Adenauer, Konrad ; Brandt, Willy ; Kennedy, John F. ; Schmidt, Helmut ; Stoph, Willi ; Berliner, Emil ; Kunro, Klaus ; Lafontaine, Oskar ; Rau, Johannes ; Vogel, Jochen
Bad Wildungen ; Berlin ; Bonn ; Hamburg ; Kassel ; Munich
Schallplatte ; Jubiläum ; Seerettung ; Berlin, auch Westberlin ; documenta (Kassel) ; Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Children ; Fireworks ; Musical events ; Political events ; Radar ; Aerospace ; Reviews ; Shipping ; Art ; Medicine ; veterinary medicine ; festivals ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Jobs ; Exhibitions ; Anniversaries, Jubilees, birthdays ; 01 16 mm project ; 10 finding book Germany mirror
Translated by Microsoft Translator