01 25 years of german French Friendship Treaty the castle of Karlsruhe. German flag on top of the Castle Tower. Politicians of both countries at meeting including cabbage, Genscher. Review of black and white: de Gaulle and Adenauer sign agreement. Embrace.
Color: Wörner and the French Minister of defence sign contract for the joint development of an anti-tank helicopter. Kohl and Mitterrand are side by side. Helicopter starts. Cars on german French border. Passing without passport control. Twinned Glinde - San Sebastian sur Loire and Trittau - Le Lorpux Botterau. Train runs. Office of Air France. Banque Nationale de Paris. Renault. Jaques wine Depot. Airbus Assembly at MBB. Lufthansa Airbus on airfield. European rocket Ariane. Ariane rocket launch. Meeting of the European Heads of Government. Margaret Thatcher, big. European Parliament Strasbourg. Young German and French at meetings of the "youth work". Sailing. Visit a farm. German French maneuvers. As a maneuver observers Wörner and cabbage. Bridge. Helicopter. Trier, seat of the 1st Armoured Division in France. Young Germans and French in of Trier front of Roman monuments.
(118 m) 02 North Sea: the aerial of the vessel Bottsand oil eater. Cameraman filming from helicopters. Monitoring of the sea from the air. Hull of the sea-going vessels work apart. Oil from the sea is drawn between the double hull. After filling the tank hull folded. Removal of pollutants.
(60 m) 03. Cologne: rock. Roll World Cup young people with balloons clap to the beat of the music. Cologne Cathedral. Rock ' n' roll dance couples. Make-up of the eyes big. Massage. Dance, jumps, throws. Award ceremony. Winner Marcia and Diego Chiodoni, Italy, 2. Brigitte Seibold and Jörg Heumann.
(52 m) 04. Cologne: Chinese colleague "Clear Moon" machine tool factory. Chinese engineer working on the milling machine. Chinese translated German literature for China. Common shopping with German colleague at vegetable stand. Chinese and German cooking, eating and listening to classical music. Chinese girl writes on Chinese typewriter. Chinese woman on the phone.
(53 m) 05. Munich: collection of musical instruments in the Stadtmuseum City Museum, exterior. Instruments in the Museum. Old instruments, violins. Harp playing. Contra-bassoon is played Museum Director Günther Joppig speaks interview. Bach painting with a small Horn. Reconstruction of the instrument. Professor Rudolf Güttler, DDR, plays on this instrument music by Bach. Large audience.
(65 m) 06 ice sailing on Lake Steinhude near Hanover lens recording at sunset by sailors on Lake Steinhude. Photos of competition before 100 years between ice sailors and the Chicago Express. Ice-boats when setting forth their boats before the race. Check the twists. Pull up the sail. Boats will push at the start. Boats in races and in turn. Single ice-boats during the race, great. (See D 209/8, same text)
galloping horses (32 m) 07 US story - jumping horses for America on the pasture. Paul Schockemöhle Stud. Paul Schockemöhle's riding. Horses in boxes. Horse training Hall. Auction in Ankum. Horses will be presented. US buyers actuality. Jumping horses. Auctioneer recorded interview. Paul Schockemöhle, great. Selling 350,000 DM. sparkling wine is served.
01 25 years german franzöisischer friendship treaty the castle of Karlsruhe - scene of the recent german French consultations. Twice a year the Governments of both countries coordinate their policies. Close cooperation is based on the german French Friendship Treaty, which has turned 25 years old in recent weeks. With this agreement, the former German Chancellor Adenauer and President de Gaulle had set the final point behind the centuries-old rivalry and three cruel wars between the two peoples. Thus, the unification of Europe should be encouraged. In Karlsruhe, a contract was signed this time in defence - about the joint development of a tank Abwehrhubschrubers.
Politicians give the direction. Kohl and Mitterrand of course know that ultimately the people themselves decide on their lives together. What did the Treaty of friendship for the people, can be observed in everyday life. If you want over the border, will be waved through. There are not more passport controls between Germany and France. A note on the dense network of professional and private contacts below the big politics are 1300 twinning. France and Germany, both leading industrial countries, have become the most important economic partners for each other. Thousands of national or joint companies working in the other country. In the high-tech, it is especially the german French cooperation, which ensures a top position in international competition, for example with the "Airbus" Europe.
The European rocket "Ariane", much community work of French and Germans, plays Europe in the economic use of space an important role. The 'Ariane' transported commercial communications satellites and - aims if the Europeans agree - soon also a space shuttle into space. That the meeting of Heads of Government of the European Community were to a fixed facility, goes on a german French initiative back such as the direct election of the European Parliament in Strasbourg by the citizens of the EC States. The friendship treaty has become important, especially for young people in both countries. The then founded "youth work" brought together until today about 5 million young Germans and French. The program range from common youth camps to a mutual exchange of young scientists, and Union members.
The cooperation in defense policy is gaining ground. The first joint large-scale maneuvers 77,000 men on both sides were involved in last fall. Setting up a mixed Brigade, a more consistent training of Generalstabsoffiziere and the establishment of a joint Defense Council is one of the cooperation. The first French Armored Division is stationed in part of the Western defense in the Federal Republic. Its seat is located Trier, the more than two thousand year-old city on the Moselle river, on the border with France. Here, on ancient culture floor, young Germans and French live, how Europe could once be: has allowed a community of Nations, the limits and all divisive behind.
02. the oil eaters of the pollution of the ocean, especially with oil running out, is still not banned dangerous. The German coast ahead in North and Baltic Sea is particularly affected. Because it belongs to the busiest waterways of the world, the dangers of environmental pollution are particularly large. Despite surveillance from the air ship accidents can occur and therefore feared running out of oil. What should then be done? The oil spill must be extracted before he does severe damage to the nearby coast. This "oil Eater" was developed with the support of the Federal Ministry for research and technology, a high mornings ship that can unfold itself in the middle like an oversized pair of scissors.
Meanwhile, this new technique has convinced even skeptics: the fold-out double hull ship offers several advantages: it can be used quickly and without time-consuming conversions for all kinds of pollution of the sea surface. By the splayed double hull, the "oil Eater" might take away a wide area. The two hulls serve as a breakwater. The surface of the water between the hull remains relatively calm even when moving Lake. As the distance of the hulls reduce more and more backwards, the oil itself compresses himself in a thick layer. Therefore, only small suction openings are necessary, which in turn increases the Seefähigkeit of the vessel. After skimming of 800 cubic meters, the tanks are filled. The "oil-Eater", is assigned to for his work on the support of other auxiliary vessels, even folds up and transported as quickly as possible the recorded pollutant.
03. Rock 'n Roll World Championships in Cologne on the Rhine were the tenth World Championships in the Rock 'n Roll the best rock dancers in the world. Three hundred professional dancers from ten countries competed for the coveted title. By the mere pleasure of dance the Rock 'n Roll has become in the last decade and the hard-earned excellent. The rock dancers of all countries now strive to get recognized their sport as an Olympic discipline. Since they were taken in the various national sports associations, they feel vindicated in their claim to Olympic honor. With confusing faster Schrittechnik, Saltis and death jumps, the dancers to the enthusiasm of the audience showed a true firework of dance sport.
The Italian of pair of Marcia and Diego Chiodoni became champions in Cologne before the German Brigitte Seibold and Jörg Heumann.
04. Mrs clear Moon in a machine tool factory in the vicinity of Cologne has adopted a very concrete form cooperation with the People's Republic of China. Miss Jiey Yue Yu (pronounced Chee-Jö Boohoodude) is available on the milling machine. In German, her name would have the meaning of "Clear Moon". Miss Yu (Boohoodude) is an engineer and an interpreter. Their German colleagues have quickly closed friendship with her. Miss Jüh helps the German company to revive the economic relations with China. Simple and practical: The German brochures and instructions for use must be translated into Chinese. The most important thing is that they each understand what the speech is.
Miss Jüh has no problems with everyday life in Germany. Course: There are difficulties, especially at dinner. The German cuisine is not very digestible for people from China. But since Miss Jüh has made friends with her German colleague Carolin, this problem is solved. The two shop together and cook together. Carolin has learned a lot about the secrets of Chinese cuisine. Both also combines the love for classical music. A favorite pastime of Miss Jüh, which by the way, like to eat with knife and fork, while the German girlfriend prefers sticks is to listen to European music. Particularly intriguing: The Chinese typewriter which has saved several thousand characters. Talks with the far Heitmatland take place almost every day thanks to the positive development of economic relations.
05. collection of musical instruments from the numerous collections in the museums of Munich was one so far few known: the collection of musical instruments at the City Museum. This is one of the largest exhibition of orchestras of all cultures and all times with 6,000 instruments. But who - throws except for professionals - more than just a glimpse of the strange but yet dead instruments? You do not necessarily need to see musical instruments, you need to hear it! Since the Museum Director sound samples are offered on old instruments, the number of visitors has increased by leaps and bounds. Already out of mere curiosity, many want to hear sounds like for example a contra-bassoon.
Collect and restore is only one side of work by Museum Director Günther Joppig. It is important to find the old sounds. "Let us therefore particularly current issues of the Vienna Academy. Here's a specific example from the time of Bach, the mysterious instrument of Stadtpfeiffers Gottfried Reiche. This Petite Horn with its many turns has been lost. There's a painting. Leipzig has sought now, to reconstruct the so important to maintaining Bach instrument for this figure." World premiere after 250 years! Professor Rudolf Güttler from East Germany Munich audience plays the music of Johann Sebastian Bach on the instrument for which it was written. The Museum will be on the intersection of past and present.
06. ice sailing a winter day with wind and Sun on the Steinhuder Meer: If the Frost the ice clinking of ice-boats is time. This is not often the case. But when the time comes, the ice-boats run every day, to bring their aerodynamic sleds and sails on Steinhuder Meer in Hanover, which is by the way not a sea, but the biggest lake in Northern Germany in reality. It is not easy to maneuver the sail slides. Already in the light breeze, they reach amazing speeds. Cold and Fahrwind let the breath away at up to 130 km/h. The glassy ice of Lake Steinhude offers ideal conditions for the ice sailing - if the winter is cold enough.
Persons in the Film
Adenauer, Konrad ; Gaulle de, Charles ; Kohl, Hannelore ; Genscher, Hans Dietrich ; Güttler, Rudolf ; Heumann, Jörg ; Joppig, Günther ; Mitterand, Francois ; Seibold, Brigitte ; Thatcher, Margaret ; Wörner, Manfred
Bonn ; Frankfurt ; Hamburg ; Karlsruhe ; Cologne ; Munich ; North Sea ; Steinhuder Meer ; Trier ; Würzburg
Rock`n`Roll ; Policy ; Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Federal ; Bundeswehr ; Ice sailing ; Border DDR/BRD, borders ; Trade, finance ; Industry ; cameramen, cameramen ; Education, youth ; Europe, EDC, EEC ; Flags ; musical instruments ; Oil ; Pacts ; Photographers ; Political events ; Rockets ; Aerospace ; Reviews ; Shipping ; beauty care ; Dance ; environmental protection, pollution ; Buildings ; automotive engineering, automotive ; Maneuver ; People ; Contracts ; civil service ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Archaeology ; Eyes ; Foreigners ; Exhibitions ; Anniversaries, Jubilees, birthdays ; Umweltschutz ; Musikinstrument ; 01 16 mm project ; Industrial ; 10 finding book Germany mirror
Translated by Microsoft Translator