01 Raiffeisen silo towers for feed and grain. Trek. Potato sorting in scales of Raiffeisen cooperative. Potatoes are distributed on shaking band. Women sort. Packing in bags. Portrait of Friederich Wilhelm Raiffeisen. Trek at Raiffeisen Bank. Bauer's desk. Artificial fertilizer is filled in trucks. Statement farmer.
Pumping milk at farm in tank trucks. Removal of milk sample. Butter production in dairy farm. Milk packaging. Loading of grain in port. Vehicle of the Raiffeisen company.
(69 m) 02. works councils Hall. Computer-controlled burning machine for steel hardening is situated. Works Council speaks interview with workers. Statement 1 - Works Council Heinz Radek. Plant images in mill Hall. Meeting of the Works Council. Statement 2 - operating Chairman Fritz Rosenbeck. Young women typing on screen. Big eyes. Rheinhausen molten steel. Steel stove with protective masks. Talks of workers. Statement 3 - Works Council of Rheinhausen Theo Seegmann. (86 m) 03 Black Forest: frog design case design. Men and women handle cases for sport aircraft. Team of designers from the Black Forest with designed objects in hands: ski boots, roller skating, telephone, iron, frog as a trademark. Design of iron, roller skating, ski boot, toys, TV, coffee maker, bath, music system, hairdryer, table tennis racquets, game. Ball falls into case.
(55 m) 04 Rheydt: the sharpest of all blades - blacksmith's art axis blacksmith's art axis turn damask blade, elastic and sharp. Artist blacksmith at work. Iron package is annealed and welded. Hard and soft steel are herded together in embers. Master with apprentices. Curing with oil. Construction of the blade in the model. Artist blacksmith forges steel Damascene blade. Faced patterned surface of the blade.
(62 m) 05. cityscape Fulda (see D 298/3, your own text) crucifix in the foreground of the picture, behind Fulda total. Transformer. The Cathedral with the tomb of Saint Boniface under the main altar. Old man reads newspaper on bench. Child in the cart with the young mother. Street musician plays. Country road. Medieval works of art. Timber-frame house. Baroque figures of houses. City Palace. Exhibition of porcelain from several centuries in the Castle. Making artful candles. Car tyre production. Modern houses on the outskirts of the city.
(46 m) 06 portrait of Franz Beckenbauer gate and cheering. Flag waving. Germany world champion 1974 Walter Scheel presents Franz Beckenbauer Cup. The football player Franz Beckenbauer. Still photos of Beckenbauer. Franz Beckenbauer in tracksuit as team manager of the national team in sports school Malente. Beckenbauer and Berti Voigts. Shot on goal. Beckenbauer playing golf with partner Diane Sandmann. Players of the national team in training for European Championships 1988. photo-op of the team. Statement by Franz Beckenbauer. Beckenbauer is autograph on football.
(57 m) 4B. Bowling game live US story - with Americans in Germany. U.S. Bank. United States Post Office. US-supermarket. United States Air Force - Hessian Oldendorf A. S. Germany - main gate of US soldiers at target practice. Statement of the base co-ordinator Wolfgang Hoffmann to the lives of Americans in Germany. Come on, Marquez in his Office as a medical assistant. Statement Marquez to the German-American friendship club. Marquez and wife at dinner with Germans. Mike Kirkham in German Schützenverein. Statement Mike Kirkham. American child in a German kindergarten. Children's playground. Statement by Ms. Marquez.
01 Raiffeisen are the landmarks of rural cooperatives: the big feed and grain silo towers! More than 6,000 local Raiffeisen cooperatives have joined together in the German Raiffeisenverband. These farmers belong to, for example, one of the numerous cooperatives. In the shed of the cooperative, you can safely store your potatoes in the winter, later sort and sell together better. The German cooperatives belong to the individual members. Whose shares forming the share capital. The first self-managed cooperatives developed in the last century, to help needy farmers. The idea came from Friedrich Wilhelm Raiffeisen, who died 100 years ago.
The Raiffeisen banks with trade in goods are the basis of cooperatives. Here, farmers can manage their money Affairs and right next door to buy the necessary goods for the operation. Peter Hauschild brings just a load of artificial fertilizer. "The Raiffeisen Bank is conveniently located to my operation. I can buy all goods and sell my wares."
Rather than petrol, but fresh milk is pumped at the farm in a tanker truck. It is processed in the cooperative dairy farm. As supervisory board members, the farmers even control their cooperative work.
"My father was long years on the Supervisory Board of Raiffeisen cooperative. I am a member of the Raiffeisen cooperative, in the Supervisory Board of the dairy farm."
Butter in the dairy made from freshly delivered milk. Modern operations of cooperatives handle virtually all agricultural products - a key reason that virtually all German farmers like Peter Hauschild are members of cooperatives. Regional cooperative centres sell the products of more than 800,000 rural members. German Agriculture handles about half of the single - and sales via their cooperatives - a volume of DM 46 billion per year! And they found imitators in all over the world: in almost 100 countries cooperatives are active today, following the example of its founder, Raiffeisen.
02. works councils in a plant in the Ruhr area, a new, computer-controlled burning machine for steel hardening was raised. It aims to improve productivity. What do the Works Council? He cannot determine with this decision of the company management. His participation rights refers to the workers.
"Are you classified already in the correct wage group?"
"Yet, but I hope not: soon!"
"All right, then we must see as operating Council times, so you could get the right wage."
A Works Council must be chosen in every business with more than 5 employees. So, it prescribes the German works Constitution Act. Works Council and management should cooperate as partners with confidence. The Works Council may decide no strike. This is the Trade Union outside of the company. The Works Council represents the interests of all employees in the company, regardless of whether they are Union members or not, whether workers or employees.
"My name is Heinz Radek. I am Works Council in this section and represent the interests of the workforce, the colleagues here, and am elected on the period of three years, and trying to make the best possible for the colleagues who have problems."
All employees of a company are entitled to vote and all can be selected, even if they are foreigners. Works councils may not be terminated. You will be exempted from work wholly or partly. You choose a Chairman and meet regularly to discuss all pending issues. This operating Council, Fritz Rosenbeck, Chairman outlines the tasks of the works councils in Germany: "we works councils have participation rights in all human affairs. These include settings, layoffs, regrouping, wage changes, content changes. "But the Works Council has also to ensure employers comply with all laws that affect the workers."
Operating agreements concluded on specific issues with a company's management are an important instrument of participation. For example, The typing of this operation was agreed by letting all employees regularly examined by eye doctors. Anyway, disposition of working hours and breaks is subject to the participation of the Works Council.
The rights of the Works Council at coal and steel are enhanced. In the coal and steel industry, he proposes the candidates for the joint participation so that representatives of shareholders and employees in equal number, to a neutral form the Supervisory Board as the supreme organ of a plant. If, as now in Rheinhausen, a part must be closed, the Works Council also occurs for the interests of the employees.
"The Works Council can make then more nothing else, than to try to mitigate the economic consequences of this closure decision."
03. frog design is simply a good design, but is hard to design. Shape, color and material composition make up the design and help sell the product - such as in these cases. A German team of designers from the Black Forest worldwide speak with a weighty Word. The average 29 years young designers take over also the complete consultation of a company - with a frog as a trademark--a design management. Opinion industrial design can bring only really good results when the designer before the product planning is involved. People need today, for example an iron? Only when this issue is resolved, the employees of frog design transfer the various requirements of the product.
Cheap it must be functional, environmentally friendly and naturally beautiful. Under these premises, the frogs make roller skates and pepper Mills, toys, televisions and coffee makers, bathtubs or suitcase, just about what the human being so needs. There were over three hundred international prizes so far for this. And this compact unit can be admired even in New York's Museum of modern art. Purpose of the design is to say the Black Forest, human and happier to make our artificial environment. Even the shape of a table tennis bat will be reconsidered. The result is amazing: "Through the replacement of the pavement and the handle element each player can compose the bat appropriate for him."
Only to the shape of the ball, there is no alternative. And that will probably remain.
04. the sharpest of all elastic like a feather, and sharp as a razor - blades this is a Damascus Blade. Manfred axis from Rheydt in the lower Rhine region is one the last forge of Europe that have mastered this art. Invented, probably Arabic forged in Damascus have this method.
For 1,500 years, one therefore speaks of "Damascus steel." The production is difficult and time consuming. Again and again, the iron package must be forged through and tumbled through and even repeatedly cut. It is handmade, not produced industrially. At least 400 layers of steel sheets are welded together in the glowing package under the blows of the modern compressed-air hammer. The secret of the Damascus Blade is ample use of coal cargo, where the thin layers are driven together by hard and soft steel. The high carbon content gives suppleness and hardness at the same time, the soft layers of steel the elasticity, the harsh sharpness. Again and again, the layers are mixed, twisted, and hardened with oil.
The layering, the inner structure of Damascus steel can be seen only on the model. Manfred axis is known as an expert in the world. At home, he shows what Damascus blades can: cut even steel! External visible feature of all Damszener blades: the faced, patterned surface, expression of the twisting and walking through the sometimes consisting of 1,000 layers of thin blade. It's called damasziert: there is no other word for it.
05. Fulda the cross owes its origin: Fulda, the old episcopal town in the heart of Germany. The founder of the city is buried in the Cathedral: Saint Boniface, the Apostle of the Germans, who brought Christianity across the Alps and began to convert the pagan Germanic tribes. His crypt under the high altar is the National Shrine of the German Catholics. The Abbots of the oldest monastery on German soil had princely and Episcopal rank. Therefore the German bishops to their annual Conference meet still immet in Fulda. They have long since passed political power citizens.
Young, modern, dynamic: this is the Fulda. But many tourists want to know nothing about. Looking for the old Fulda, the monuments of his past. And where is no lack. The spiritual and cultural importance of the city is out in his city. The baroque residence castle of the Prince Bishops holds many art treasures, among other precious porcelain from several centuries. The candle makers who create small works of art still wax have an old tradition. In Fulda to preserve tradition. New housing estates were allowed only at due distance from the historic centre.
06. portrait Franz Beckenbauer almost 14 years it's been, that Germany for the last time was world champion. The man with the number 5, team captain and Libero Franz Beckenbauer, was the support of a great team. His elegant playing style, his survey and his smart positional play are still unmatched. Emperor Franz 1982 ended his career as a player at the Hamburger Sportverein. After a 2 year break, since 1984, the German Football League back then had his Beckenbauer; in new role, this time as a coach. His first major task was the preparation of the national team to the World Cup 1986 in Mexico. In Malente Sports School of Franz was playful and tactically the team on the great task. To his hobby, the team boss was now becoming less and less golf games with partner Diane Sandmann. Prepared this year. Franz Beckenbauer his team back on the great task before: on the European Championship, which will take place in the summer in Germany. The 42-year old football boss at the official photo session shows proud his squad of players for this great event. Who are the Favorites for the European Championship for the DFB Team Manager? "There micromanipulations the Russians part, the Germans anyway as an organizer. Then I think, that lead to the English, the Italians - and I mean that the four teams are to the closest favourites, so you can count." The soccer fans, alien with the autograph hunters, trust the team boss Franz Beckenbauer and covet his signature now already eagerly.