01. the Ludwig Forum in Aachen ballerina clown moves and draws attention to the exhibition. Modern sculptures. Peter Ludwig, Palacký and patron of the arts promotion interview: "The idea is to close information gaps, to present exhibits that are not seen in other museums, to show directions of art, here you can get to know." Ludwig Forum in Aachen in a former umbrella factory with showrooms. Workshops. Young artists working with sound. Monumental 400-teilige floor sculpture of Thomas Virnich. Painting modern classic. Picasso. Peter Ludwig interview: "the almost 90 Picasso has summoned bright and wild youth in a glowing painting - in the paint -. A shocking image of the artist in his last years." Sculptures: The Madonna of the Chilean Claudio Bravo, series without end the Spaniard's Genoves. Painting: Supermarket Lady by Duane Hanson, America: clochards on the Bowery by Duane Hanson, Ludwig homage to Andy Warhol. Musicians from European countries experimenting Music compositions.
(80 m) 02. foreign journalists report Jerzy Wierzcholski actuality: "were at the Center at the time the issues of confrontation in the East and the West, which has symbolized the wall here. As a pole, I'm particularly how the convergence between East and West Germany will develop. It's about the quality of the reunification of Germany. We would like to see the now reunited Germany as a country and a factor of stability in Europe. This is important for all Europeans and especially for Poland and the other neighbors." Jerzy Wierzcholski sifts through material in front of screen. William Waack, Brazilian correspondent of the newspaper "O Estado de Sao Paolo" speaks with an East German steel plant workers. William Waack actuality: "it was much more difficult at the beginning, at all the events get, just like it is today difficult to understand the whole social transformations or conversions. The normal reader really closely tracks what's happening in Germany, also in the entire East. You can compare Brazil and the former East Germany in many ways. How to completely reformed economies or economic enterprises are privatized, the comparisons." William Waack before the Brandenburg Gate, on the phone to the computer.
(93 m) 03. robot test textiles fashion show. Models on the catwalk. Research Institute Hohenstein in Stuttgart. Robot testing textiles. With his measurements, he feeds computer. Rain gear is tested. Sensors report cold or heat accumulation. Testing the flammability of textiles for the production of protective clothing. Computer robot Charlie tests. The laboratory tests the compatibility of cleaning solutions, tensile strength. Computer is checked. Computer graphics.
(47 m) 04. Russian farmers learn carp pond in Germany. Anglers. Young farmer Alfred Vorwerk works with a Russian interns Alexander Kasanzew. Farm holidays in Westphalia. Cows in the pasture. Sweeping in the stable. With tractor on the field. Alexander Kasanzew interview (translation): "in Russia very much will do in agriculture in the future, and I think that we will get there farms. For this company my experience, my here accumulated knowledge will be very important." Cooperative operation. Farmers jointly own processing plants. Large silos. After work in the family with tea from Samovar.
(55 m) 05. Frankfurt: indoor handball Supercup: Germany - Spain 18:19 scenes and gate litters. Spanish team plays with technical superiority. Black flag large. Goalkeeper Andreas Thiel throws angry ball to the ground. Advertisement: Opel, gas, Jägermeister, Krombacher, OBI.
(38 m) 06. Hannover: Appearance of the hard rock band of the Scorpions what the fans say? "Tight, real tight!" "Super, this is madness, this is great!" What's the band? "This is simply an electricity there developed, and success you have at the moment, i.e. when to play and hear the applause, it is easy an animal right now. We make music straight from the heart. One is inwardly anxious to go on the stage and start rocking again." What the parents say? "We are the biggest fans of our son." Appearance in Hall with headlights. Award by platinum disc for more than one million albums sold. Party with kiss. Appearance of the Scorpions, viewers fans.
01. the Ludwig Forum in Aachen 0'35 a ballerina clown makes mil economical movements to attention.
0'42-moving and moving art show, is the concern of a German industrialist. Its art sponsorship has been known worldwide it made. Peter Ludwig explains his latest project: 0'53 "the idea is to fill information gaps, to present exhibits. are not to see in other museums; Directions of art show, which you can get to know."
0'53 here, this is the "Ludwig Forum for international art" in Aachen. In a former umbrella factory, the patron of the Arts has created not only space for exhibitions. In workshops, ambitious amateurs can perfect their work.
1'30 the generous architecture provides space for monumental objects - such as this 400-teilige floor sculpture of the German Thomas Virnich.
1'44 in addition to contemporary works of modern classics can be found. This painting is especially proud of Peter Ludwig: "almost 90 Picasso has summoned bright and wild youth in a glowing painting - in the paint -. A shocking image of the artist in his last years."
2'06 Ludwig Forum sees itself as a multimedia cultural centre. -Open to artists of all disciplines. -The "Madonna" of the Chilean Claudio Bravo is just to see how the 'series without end' of the Spaniard Genovés - or the "supermarket Lady" by Duane Hanson.
2'33 of the Americans is also "clochards on the Bowery". Hanson sees itself as a creative chronicler of his time. His pop art style, which is always the human-centred, has influenced modern sculpture.
2'50 how Louis commitment is greatly appreciated by the artists, shows a Ludwig tribute to Andy Warhol.
3'00 multimedia - that is the inclusion of music here. Experimentiern in the exhibition hall musicians from curopäischen countries. The Ludwig Forum want to cross borders - between art forms and cultures.
02. foreign journalists report 3'24 during his research Jerzy Wierzcholski must also sometimes high, to gain an overview. He is Polish TV correspondent in Germany. We care: for a foreign journalist, what has changed since Germany's unification boom? -3'51 for one day we accompany him and his team with our camera. The Potsdamer Platz in Berlin, he should even look like. On the roof of the ruins of a hotel, Jerzy Wierzcholski informed on-site in conversation with architects and city planners.
3'58 a divided city is growing together - with all its problems. Jerzy Wierzcholski came before four years after Berlin, it was still quite different. 4'08 Wierzcholski: "Were at the Center at the time the problems of confrontation between East and West that has symbolized the wall here."
4'17 years, he lives with his family on the East ropes of the chemaligen border crossing checkpoint Charlie and so the changes between East and West witnessed up close - what is his interest today?
4'31 "as a pole I am in particularly, how the convergence between East and West Germany will develop. It comes to the quality of the reunification of Germany."
4'42 and what is hoped Wierzcholski by this United Germany?
4'47 "we want the now reunited Germany as a factor of stability in Europe and country see. This is important for all Europeans and especially for Poland and the other neighbors."
5'03 as he sifts through his footage in the evening, he tells us: it has become exhausting, but also interessanler, from the whole of Germany. 5'16 an other foreign correspondent in Germany: the Brazilian William Waack. The workers of a former East German steel plant that is to be taken over by an Italian company, fighting for better working conditions for die_10. 000 colleagues.
5'36 William Waack seeks information from first hand. The 39 has reported from many hotspots of the world - from the Lebanon, Iran, Iraq - and it was to the point, when the Berlin Wall fell. -What has changed with the German unit on his journalistic work?
5'54 w.: "it was much more difficult at the beginning, at all the events get, just as it is difficult to understand the whole social transformations or conversions. The normal reader really closely tracks what's happening in Germany, also in the entire East. You can compare Brazil and the former East Germany in many ways. How to completely reformed economies or economic enterprises are privatized, the comparisons."
6'23 William Waack will still frequently reports of structural change in East Germany for the readers of the prestigious daily newspaper "O Estado de Sao Paulo" write.
03. robot test textiles 6'38 'Spot' for the latest creations. What is considered last cry on the catwalk, might tomorrow already "old hat". But that should not be on the lack of durability of the processed materials. How is the quality of textiles to recognize? -At the Research Institute Hohenstein in Stuttgart, a staff called "Charly" tests just rain gear.
7'03 with his readings he feeds a computer. Charly's surface is made up of copper and simulates the human heat balance. Sensors for example feelings of frost or heat - report important data for determining quality.
7'17 robots charly is supported by human colleagues. 7'24 another Department examines the flammability of special textiles. The results are used in the development of protective clothing - which is then further tested by Charly.
7'37 as a textile fabric cleaning solutions? Laboratory tests provide information also on this.
7'46 another test series deals with the tensile strength of textile fibers.
7'52 meanwhile has Charly break and will be checked through. Its interior reveals: he has nerves of wire, is thereby extremely sensitive as this computer graphic shows.
8'05 already is Charly again at work and comes in sweat, so that we can feel in our clothes.
04. Russian farmers learn German Russian friendship by the CARP pond in Germany 8'16. The Westphalian farmer Alfred Vorwerk has the interns Alexander Kasánzew to guest who could leave his Russian homeland for the first time since the political opening up of Eastern Europe for a few months. 8'37 Kazantsev has come with a large group of Russian trainees; until she learned German, then theoretical foundations of animal husbandry and plant breeding. Now, Alfred is Vorwerk of teachers; He explained that the independent farmer, to assert itself in the market, must be also a good entrepreneur. -The 27 Kazantsev has worked in the former Soviet Union in State collective farms.
9'02 "in Russia will be in agriculture schr do a lot in the future, and I think that we will get there farms. For this company my experience, my here accumulated knowledge will be very important."
9'17 also new for the Russian visitors is the establishment of cooperatives - those processors of agricultural products, which together have several farmers. Kawánzew and his colleagues - mainly academics - virtually for the first time determine how private ownership increases the commitment and thus the efficiency. 9'39 the Bundesminisierium of Agriculture seeks to promote such invitations for trainees from countries with Eastern European free-market reforms.
9'51 on the Westfälische Hof which are farm with a visit by Alexander Kasánzew became exciting evening talks - makes the bring your own Samovar mood for stories of mother Russia.
05. indoor handball Supercup Germany - Spain 10'12 indoor handball Super Cup in Frankfurt. On the third day of the game, the German team received the team from Spain. While guests playing in blue were still unbeaten, the German player had to lose already at the beginning of the five-day Gala of handball. In this match they had to put on fast-paced, dynamic game - the only chance against the tech-savvy Spaniards.
10'36 the Supercup tournament serves as the most important comparison test before the Olympic Games. Reason enough for the top favorites to participate in Frankfurt. 10'49 second half: the concept of the German team had gone only in the initial phase. Now the technical superiority of the Spaniards showed up. By fast counter-attacks, they successfully disrupted the offensive play of the host.
11'07 the Spaniards impressed especially by the closed game in the Backcourt, towards the end of the game but also had the good luck on their side.
11'17 Finally it stood 19:18 for guests. Small consolation for goalkeeper of Andreas Thiel: not just this match, the victory of the tournament went to the Spaniard.
06. ' 31 what say the Scorpions 11 fans?
11'33 1 fan: "Tight, real tight!"
11'40 2 fan: "Super, this is madness, this is great!"
11'43 and the band?
11'44 1 musicians: "this is simply an electricity there developed, and the success you have at the moment, i.e. when to play and hear the applause, it is easy an animal right now!"
11'58 2. Musician: "we make straight music from the heart."
12'00 parents: "We are the biggest fans of our son!"
12'02 musicians: "One is inwardly anxious to go on the stage and start rocking again."
12'17 carry the name of a poisonous animal - but their music is anything but soporific: the Scorpions. The appearance in Hanover is stop on her world tour. For the band a home game. In the town of line, the career of these five musicians began 25 years ago. Today they are Germany's most successful rock band.
12'39 "Rock You Like A Hurricane" - is their motto. Sometimes licben them but also sensitively: your soft song "Wind Of Change" was for months pointed a piece of the charts. -There were precious metals for the hard rockers now: zweifachc Platinum for more than a million sold plates of her last album. -How much do heavy metal heart, showed up on the subsequent party. 13'12 despite millions sold plates: live is on stage for the Scorpions the real world. In Moscow, Los Angeles or Tokyo -, their concerts are always sold out. Scorpions - "made in Germany" which is hard rock.