Der Staatsbesuch in Österreich 1962
German flags at the Europaplatz in Vienna. Empfangskommitée on the Western train station. Federal President Schärf welcomes Lübke, half-close. Sharpening welcomes Wilhelmine Lübke and presented a bouquet of flowers. Mrs Schärf welcomes Wilhelmine Lübke and Lahiri. Performance of the Cabinet. Lübke welcomes Bundesknazler Dr. Gorbach and Vice-Chancellor Pittermann. Soldier of the guard Regiment presented. Lübke and sharpening, big, while listening to the national anthems before the train station. Lübke and sharpening step down front of the stand. Mrs Lükke and Mrs Schärf, half-close.
Hofburg: Lahiri is welcomed by sharpening in the Hofburg. Cameramen. Image Lübke sharpening below the image on the sofa in the conversation of Maria Theresia, and big. Visit the Crown jewels. Lübke, sharpening, Ms. Lahiri, Scftroeder, Eckart. The Imperial Cross and the Imperial Crown of the Holy Roman eiches, great. Cradle of the son of Napoleon.
Schönbrunn: illuminated Castle Schönbrunn. Sharpening is reception. Lübke and sharpening to enter space. Dr. Gorbach and Pittermann welcome Lübke and sharpening. Greeting the guests. Lübke and sharpening in the conversation.
Spanish riding school: rider riding a lipizzaner horses. Demonstration of a Pas de Trois. Capriole, quadrille. As spectators Schroeder, Mrs Lübke, sharpening, Lübke, Mrs Schärf, half-close. Greet riders. Clapping. The lipizzaner horses in the stable. Lübke stroking horses and give them sugar. Horse's mouth nibbling on grid, big sugar.
Belvedere Palace: Lübke and wife visit paintings in the National Gallery.
Palais Palavichini: Lübke's reception. Arrival of sharpening and wife welcome carrying out Lübke. Lübke, sharpening and women greet the guests. Handküsse. Chandelier. Schroeder in the conversation, close to half of Eckart, half-close. Lübke, sharpening and Dr. Gorbach.
Linz: Visit the United Austrian steel and ironworks. Band plays. Lübke is welcomed. Girls in Trächten present flowers. Workers gossip. Lübke with factory tour. RoheinseneinfüTlung. SOS Children's village Hinterbrühl: Wilhelmine Lübke visited the children's village. Children laufer on Mrs Lübke to and present flowers. Mrs Lübke has been greeted with salt and bread and wine. Small houses of the village of children. Children's village mother with children.
Melk: long shot of the collegiate church. Part setting. Lübke and wife visit the collegiate church. The Abbot welcomes Lübke and Mrs. Madonnegemälde. Library of ancient scriptures. Books, screen-filling. Total of Stiftskriche.
Vienna: Lübke and sharpening go on red-carpet station through cordon of guards Regiment. Departure Lubke sharpening. Mrs Lübke with flowers. Cameramen. Sharpening and wife wave train moving off. Recording of train on Gelcise to exit from the tunnel. Driving recording tracks (rear).
Translated by Microsoft Translator
Der Staatsbesuch in Österreich
Lübke in Österreich (Additional title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Year of Production:
70th Anniversary of the Opening of the First SOS Children's Village (April 15, 1951)
On April 15, 1951, the first SOS Children's Village opens in the Austrian village of Imst, initially providing 45 children with a new home in five houses. The foundation for the donation-based facility had been laid just two years earlier.
The initiative goes back to Hermann Gmeiner, a medical student at the time. He wanted to take care of the misery of the countless children abandoned or orphaned during the Second World War. Considering the deplorable conditions prevalent in the children's homes during the post-war period, and having been raised as a half-orphan by his older sister himself, it is a matter close to his heart to make it possible for parentless and homeless children to grow up in family-like communities. In the SOS Children's Villages, several children live together with a "surrogate mother" in a common house in a village compound. The SOS Children’s Villages had two role models: 1) the Pestalozzi Children's Village, which was established in Trogen, Switzerland, between 1944 and 1946, primarily for war orphans, and 2) the „Children's Homes“ that were established by deaconess Eva von Tiele-Winckler in the 19th century.
Gmeiner quickly founded other SOS Children’s Villages, first in Austria and later in many other European countries. In 1960 all facilities merged under the umbrella organization SOS Children’s Villages International, with Gmeiner as its president. The first SOS Children's Village outside of Europe was established in South Korea in 1963, soon followed by villages in other parts of Asia, South America and Africa. When founding father Hermann Gmeiner dies in 1986 after almost four decades of selfless dedication to his social work, he leaves behind a legacy of 233 SOS Children's Villages in 85 countries. Today, the organization, which is still financed by donations, looks after more than 400,000 children in 572 SOS Children's Villages in 137 countries.